Subject Areas on Research
- Cardiac fibroblast paracrine factors alter impulse conduction and ion channel expression of neonatal rat cardiomyocytes.
- Changes in anisotropic conduction caused by remodeling cell size and the cellular distribution of gap junctions and Na(+) channels.
- Combined PI3K/Akt and Smad2 Activation Promotes Corneal Endothelial Cell Proliferation.
- Connexin-43 induces chemokine release from spinal cord astrocytes to maintain late-phase neuropathic pain in mice.
- Differential expression of hippocampal connexins after acute hypoxia in the developing brain.
- Effect of the isoflavone genistein against galactose-induced cataracts in rats.
- Engineering prokaryotic channels for control of mammalian tissue excitability.
- Prolonged dark adaptation changes connexin expression in the mouse retina.
- Rapid fusion between mesenchymal stem cells and cardiomyocytes yields electrically active, non-contractile hybrid cells.
- S-nitrosylation and permeation through connexin 43 hemichannels in astrocytes: induction by oxidant stress and reversal by reducing agents.
- Sex-Dependent Glial Signaling in Pathological Pain: Distinct Roles of Spinal Microglia and Astrocytes.
- Size and ionic currents of unexcitable cells coupled to cardiomyocytes distinctly modulate cardiac action potential shape and pacemaking activity in micropatterned cell pairs.
- Structural coupling of cardiomyocytes and noncardiomyocytes: quantitative comparisons using a novel micropatterned cell pair assay.
- Tissue engineering of functional cardiac muscle: molecular, structural, and electrophysiological studies.
- Tyrosine-dependent basolateral targeting of human connexin43-eYFP in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells can be disrupted by the oculodentodigital dysplasia mutation L90V.
Keywords of People