Subject Areas on Research
- A 9-yr evaluation of carrier erythrocyte encapsulated adenosine deaminase (ADA) therapy in a patient with adult-type ADA deficiency.
- A comparison of murine T-cell-depleted adult bone marrow and full-term fetal blood cells in hematopoietic engraftment and immune reconstitution.
- A novel role for HEB downstream or parallel to the pre-TCR signaling pathway during alpha beta thymopoiesis.
- A quantitative evaluation of inflammatory cells in human temporomandibular joint tissues from patients with and without implants.
- A role for the orphan steroid receptor Nur77 in apoptosis accompanying antigen-induced negative selection.
- Absolute lymphocyte count is a prognostic marker in Covid-19: A retrospective cohort review.
- Absolute lymphocyte counts as prognostic indicators for immune thrombocytopenia outcomes in children.
- Acute and chronic B cell depletion disrupts CD4+ and CD8+ T cell homeostasis and expansion during acute viral infection in mice.
- Adult dual umbilical cord blood transplantation using myeloablative total body irradiation (1350 cGy) and fludarabine conditioning.
- Advances in the understanding and treatment of human severe combined immunodeficiency.
- Alpha-glycosylceramides enhance the antitumor cytotoxicity of hepatic lymphocytes obtained from cancer patients by activating CD3-CD56+ NK cells in vitro.
- An integrative model using flow cytometry identifies nosocomial infection after trauma.
- Antiretroviral therapy corrects HIV-1-induced expansion of CD8+ CD45RA+ CD2-) CD11a(bright) activated T cells.
- Attrition of memory CD8 T cells during sepsis requires LFA-1.
- Autologous Ex Vivo Lentiviral Gene Therapy for Adenosine Deaminase Deficiency.
- B cell loss leading to remission in severe systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Bone marrow B cell precursor number after allogeneic stem cell transplantation and GVHD development.
- CAMPATH-1H in rheumatoid arthritis--an intravenous dose-ranging study.
- CD3+CD8+ cell levels as predictors of transmission in human immunodeficiency virus-infected couples: a report from the heterosexual HIV transmission study.
- CD7 and CD28 are required for murine CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cell homeostasis and prevention of thyroiditis.
- Campath-1H in intestinal and multivisceral transplantation: preliminary data.
- Characterization of banked umbilical cord blood hematopoietic progenitor cells and lymphocyte subsets and correlation with ethnicity, birth weight, sex, and type of delivery: a Cord Blood Transplantation (COBLT) Study report.
- Chronic Alcohol Ingestion Delays T Cell Activation and Effector Function in Sepsis.
- Clinical application of whole-genome sequencing in patients with primary immunodeficiency.
- Clonal expansion and decreased occurrence of peripheral blood gamma delta T cells of the V delta 2J delta 3 lineage in multiple sclerosis patients.
- Clonal expansion of CD8+ BV8 T lymphocytes in bone marrow characterizes thymoma-associated B lymphopenia.
- Coexistent naïve phenotype and higher cycling rate of cord blood T cells as compared to adult peripheral blood.
- Combined deletion of Id2 and Id3 genes reveals multiple roles for E proteins in invariant NKT cell development and expansion.
- Comparison of interlaboratory variation in absolute T-cell counts by single-platform and optimized dual-platform methods.
- Complete DiGeorge syndrome: persistence of profound immunodeficiency.
- Control of viremia and maintenance of intestinal CD4(+) memory T cells in SHIV(162P3) infected macaques after pathogenic SIV(MAC251) challenge.
- Control of viremia in simian immunodeficiency virus infection by CD8+ lymphocytes.
- Cryopreserving whole blood for functional assays using viable lymphocytes in molecular epidemiology studies.
- Decreased normal NK-cells is a characteristic of T-cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia and is strongly associated with cytopenia.
- Delayed onset adenosine deaminase deficiency associated with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.
- Delayed-type hypersensitivity testing in Tanzanian adults with HIV infection.
- Differential CMV-specific CD8+ effector T cell responses in the lung allograft predominate over the blood during human primary infection.
- Differential Immune Microenvironments and Response to Immune Checkpoint Blockade among Molecular Subtypes of Murine Medulloblastoma.
- Disturbed mitochondrial dynamics in CD8+ TILs reinforce T cell exhaustion.
- Dysfunction of inflammation-resolving pathways is associated with exaggerated postoperative cognitive decline in a rat model of the metabolic syndrome.
- Dyspoietic changes associated with hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma are not a manifestation of a myelodysplastic syndrome: analysis of 25 patients.
- E2A and HEB are required to block thymocyte proliferation prior to pre-TCR expression.
- Effect of Alemtuzumab (CAMPATH 1-H) in patients with inclusion-body myositis.
- Effect of an intravitreal cyclosporine implant on experimental uveitis in horses.
- Effect of complement consumption by cobra venom factor on the course of primary infection with simian immunodeficiency virus in rhesus monkeys.
- Effect of influenza virus vaccine on the expression of human immunodeficiency virus co-receptor CCR5.
- Effect of thymectomy on human peripheral blood T cell pools in myasthenia gravis.
- Effects of enzyme replacement therapy on immune function in ADA deficiency patient.
- Elevated level of peripheral CD8(+)CD28(-) T lymphocytes are an independent predictor of progression-free survival in patients with metastatic breast cancer during the course of chemotherapy.
- Enhanced differentiation of splenic plasma cells but diminished long-lived high-affinity bone marrow plasma cells in aged mice.
- Evaluation of T-lymphocyte subsets present in semen and peripheral blood of healthy donors: a report from the heterosexual transmission study.
- Evidence for rapid disappearance of initially expanded HIV-specific CD8+ T cell clones during primary HIV infection.
- FOXN1 mutation abrogates prenatal T-cell development in humans.
- Failure of T-cell homeostasis preceding AIDS in HIV-1 infection. The Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study.
- Functional redundancy of the Nur77 and Nor-1 orphan steroid receptors in T-cell apoptosis.
- Functionally inert HIV-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes do not play a major role in chronically infected adults and children.
- Galectin-1 is essential for the induction of MOG35-55 -based intravenous tolerance in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
- Gene therapy for immunodeficiency due to adenosine deaminase deficiency.
- Graft-versus-host disease prevention by rapamycin: cellular mechanisms.
- HIV infection and the dynamic interplay between the thymus and the peripheral T cell pool.
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for severe combined immunodeficiency in the neonatal period leads to superior thymic output and improved survival.
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation rescues the immunologic phenotype and prevents vasculopathy in patients with adenosine deaminase 2 deficiency.
- Humoral immune responses in Cr2-/- mice: enhanced affinity maturation but impaired antibody persistence.
- Hyperexpansion of Functional Viral-Specific CD8+ T Cells in Lymphopenia-Associated MCMV Pneumonitis.
- IL-15 regulates homeostasis and terminal maturation of NKT cells.
- Id3 and Id2 act as a dual safety mechanism in regulating the development and population size of innate-like γδ T cells.
- Immune recovery in adult patients after myeloablative dual umbilical cord blood, matched sibling, and matched unrelated donor hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- Immune responses in asymptomatic HIV-1-infected patients after HIV-DNA immunization followed by highly active antiretroviral treatment.
- Immunity of patients surviving 20 to 30 years after allogeneic or syngeneic bone marrow transplantation.
- Immunogenetics shows that not all MBL are equal: the larger the clone, the more similar to CLL.
- Immunological findings in thymoma and thymoma-related syndromes.
- Improved strategy for mononuclear cell collection for donor lymphocyte infusions.
- In the shadow of antibodies: how T cells defend against COVID-19.
- Infections during peginterferon/ribavirin therapy are associated with the magnitude of decline in absolute lymphocyte count: results of the IDEAL study.
- Infectious morbidity in long-term survivors of allogeneic marrow transplantation is associated with low CD4 T cell counts.
- Inter- and intrainstitutional evaluation of automated volumetric capillary cytometry for the quantitation of CD4- and CD8-positive T lymphocytes in the peripheral blood of persons infected with human immunodeficiency virus. Site Investigators and the NIAID New CD4 Technologies Focus Group.
- Interleukin-15 receptor blockade in non-human primate kidney transplantation.
- Kinetics of TCR use in response to repeated epitope-specific immunization.
- LFA-1 blockade induces effector and regulatory T-cell enrichment in lymph nodes and synergizes with CTLA-4Ig to inhibit effector function.
- Laboratory Accuracy Improvement in the UK NEQAS Leucocyte Immunophenotyping Immune Monitoring Program: An Eleven-Year Review via Longitudinal Mixed Effects Modeling.
- Leukocyte counts in cerebrospinal fluid and blood following firategrast treatment in subjects with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
- Long-term efficacy of enzyme replacement therapy for adenosine deaminase (ADA)-deficient severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID).
- Long-term moderate calorie restriction inhibits inflammation without impairing cell-mediated immunity: a randomized controlled trial in non-obese humans.
- Loss of DNAM-1 contributes to CD8+ T-cell exhaustion in chronic HIV-1 infection.
- Low lymphocyte ratio as a novel prognostic factor in acute heart failure: results from the Pre-RELAX-AHF study.
- Lymphocyte and monocyte subset changes during cardiopulmonary bypass: effects of aging and gender.
- Lymphocyte reconstitution following non-myeloablative hematopoietic stem cell transplantation follows two patterns depending on age and donor/recipient chimerism.
- Lymphocyte shedding from genital tract of human immunodeficiency virus-infected women: immunophenotypic and clinical correlates.
- M-HIFU inhibits tumor growth, suppresses STAT3 activity and enhances tumor specific immunity in a transplant tumor model of prostate cancer.
- Metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma: Circulating biomarkers to guide antiangiogenic and immune therapies.
- Monoclonal B cell lymphocytosis: clinical and population perspectives.
- Morbidity, Mortality, and Therapeutics in Combined Immunodeficiency: Data From the USIDNET Registry.
- Mosaic vaccines elicit CD8+ T lymphocyte responses that confer enhanced immune coverage of diverse HIV strains in monkeys.
- Mutations in the mu heavy-chain gene in patients with agammaglobulinemia.
- Nasal peptide vaccination elicits CD8 responses and reduces viral burden after challenge with virulent murine cytomegalovirus.
- Natural killer cells and lymphocytes increase in women with breast cancer following massage therapy.
- Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte Ratio as a Prognostic Factor of Disease-free Survival in Postnephrectomy High-risk Locoregional Renal Cell Carcinoma: Analysis of the S-TRAC Trial.
- Normal IgH Repertoire Diversity in an Infant with ADA Deficiency After Gene Therapy.
- Novel role for surfactant protein A in gastrointestinal graft-versus-host disease.
- OX40+ Regulatory T Cells in Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Suppress Effector T-Cell Responses and Associate with Metastatic Potential.
- Partial RAG deficiency in humans induces dysregulated peripheral lymphocyte development and humoral tolerance defect with accumulation of T-bet+ B cells.
- Passive infusion of immune serum into simian immunodeficiency virus-infected rhesus macaques undergoing a rapid disease course has minimal effect on plasma viremia.
- Pathogenic Correlates of Simian Immunodeficiency Virus-Associated B Cell Dysfunction.
- Positive Family History, Infection, Low Absolute Lymphocyte Count (ALC), and Absent Thymic Shadow: Diagnostic Clues for All Molecular Forms of Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID).
- Post-transplantation B cell activating factor and B cell recovery before onset of chronic graft-versus-host disease.
- Preclinical Modeling of Surgery and Steroid Therapy for Glioblastoma Reveals Changes in Immunophenotype that are Associated with Tumor Growth and Outcome.
- Predicting CD4 lymphocyte count <200 cells/mm(3) in an HIV type 1-infected African population.
- Predictive value of low relative lymphocyte count in patients hospitalized for heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: insights from the EVEREST trial.
- Preservation of motor function by inhibition of CD8+ virus peptide-specific T cells in Theiler's virus infection.
- Primary cytomegalovirus phosphoprotein 65-specific CD8+ T-cell responses and T-bet levels predict immune control during early chronic infection in lung transplant recipients.
- Prognostic impact of the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Progressive lentivirus infection induces natural killer cell receptor-expressing B cells in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Protective and pathogenic roles for B cells during systemic autoimmunity in NZB/W F1 mice.
- Questionable relevance of gamma delta T lymphocytes in renal cell carcinoma.
- Rabbit antithymocyte globulin induction and sirolimus monotherapy supports prolonged islet allograft function in a nonhuman primate islet transplantation model.
- Recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor therapy for patients with neutropenia and/or neutrophil dysfunction secondary to glycogen storage disease type 1b.
- Recombinant poxvirus boosting of DNA-primed rhesus monkeys augments peak but not memory T lymphocyte responses.
- Regulatory B cells suppress imiquimod-induced, psoriasis-like skin inflammation.
- Regulatory B10 Cells Increase after Rituximab Therapy but Not after Conventional Immunosuppression in Patients with Pemphigus.
- Relaxed negative selection in germinal centers and impaired affinity maturation in bcl-xL transgenic mice.
- Results from a human renal allograft tolerance trial evaluating T-cell depletion with alemtuzumab combined with deoxyspergualin.
- Results of a phase 1 study utilizing monocyte-derived dendritic cells pulsed with tumor RNA in children and young adults with brain cancer.
- Results of a prospective multicentre myeloablative double-unit cord blood transplantation trial in adult patients with acute leukaemia and myelodysplasia.
- Reversibility of peripheral blood leukocyte phenotypic and functional changes after exposure to and withdrawal from tofacitinib, a Janus kinase inhibitor, in healthy volunteers.
- Rituximab therapy for primary Sjögren's syndrome: an open-label clinical trial and mechanistic analysis.
- SCID genotype and 6-month posttransplant CD4 count predict survival and immune recovery.
- Screening of 181 Patients With Antibody Deficiency for Deficiency of Adenosine Deaminase 2 Sheds New Light on the Disease in Adulthood.
- Serum elevation of B lymphocyte stimulator does not increase regulatory B cells in glioblastoma patients undergoing immunotherapy.
- T cell repertoire development in humans with SCID after nonablative allogeneic marrow transplantation.
- T cell traffic and the inflammatory response in experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis.
- T cell-mediated elimination of B7.2 transgenic B cells.
- T cells in ovarian cancer.
- T lymphocytes with a normal ADA gene accumulate after transplantation of transduced autologous umbilical cord blood CD34+ cells in ADA-deficient SCID neonates.
- T-Cell recovery in adults and children following umbilical cord blood transplantation.
- T-lymphocyte alloresponses of Campath-1H-treated kidney transplant patients.
- The Systemic Immune-Inflammation Index Predicts Clinical Outcomes in Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- The critical role of hematopoietic cells in lipopolysaccharide-induced airway inflammation.
- The dynamics of T-cell receptor repertoire diversity following thymus transplantation for DiGeorge anomaly.
- The effect of total lymphoid irradiation and low-dose steroids on T lymphocyte populations in multiple sclerosis: correlation with clinical and MRI status.
- The immunological axis in heart failure: importance of the leukocyte differential.
- The intragraft CD8+ T cell response in renal allograft rejection in the mouse.
- The metabolic life and times of a T-cell.
- The use of enzyme therapy to regulate the metabolic and phenotypic consequences of adenosine deaminase deficiency in mice. Differential impact on pulmonary and immunologic abnormalities.
- Thymic function after hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for the treatment of severe combined immunodeficiency.
- Thymic function, aging, and AIDS.
- Thymoma-associated immunodeficiency: a syndrome characterized by severe alterations in NK, T and B-cells and progressive increase in naïve CD8+ T Cells.
- Total lymphocyte count and World Health Organization pediatric clinical stage as markers to assess need to initiate antiretroviral therapy among human immunodeficiency virus-infected children in Moshi, Northern Tanzania.
- Transplantation outcomes for severe combined immunodeficiency, 2000-2009.
- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with a DR4/1 peptide.
- Vaccine-induced ICOS+CD38+ circulating Tfh are sensitive biosensors of age-related changes in inflammatory pathways.
- Why newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency is essential: a case report.
- [Lymphocyte subpopulations in spleen and blood after early wound debridement and acute/chronic treatment with hyperbaric oxygen].
- eComment: Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio: Ambitious but Ambiguous marker.
Keywords of People
- Buckley, Rebecca Hatcher, James Buren Sidbury Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics, in the School of Medicine, Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology
- Chen, Jun, Professor of Medicine, Duke Cancer Institute
- Ferrari, Guido, Professor in Surgery, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Gunn, Michael Dee, Professor of Medicine, Integrative Immunobiology
- Shinohara, Mari L., Professor of Integrative Immunobiology, Cell Biology