Subject Areas on Research
- Differential vulnerabilities of urethral afferents in diabetes and discovery of a novel urethra-to-urethra reflex.
- Gustatory effects of capsaicin that are independent of TRPV1 receptors.
- Identification of a binding motif in the S5 helix that confers cholesterol sensitivity to the TRPV1 ion channel.
- Inhibition of mechanical allodynia in neuropathic pain by TLR5-mediated A-fiber blockade.
- Ion channels in analgesia research.
- Molecular assays for characterization of alternatively spliced isoforms of the u opioid receptor (MOR).
- Pain modality- and sex-specific effects of COMT genetic functional variants.
- SHANK3 Deficiency Impairs Heat Hyperalgesia and TRPV1 Signaling in Primary Sensory Neurons.