Subject Areas on Research
- A Hybrid Approach to Radiation-Induced Axillary Artery Hemorrhage.
- A Multi-Institutional Analysis of Adjuvant Chemotherapy and Radiation Sequence in Women With Stage IIIC Endometrial Cancer.
- A framework to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the NADiA ProsVue slope to guide adjuvant radiotherapy among men with high-risk characteristics following prostatectomy for prostate cancer.
- A multi-institutional cohort study of adjuvant therapy in stage I-II uterine carcinosarcoma.
- A multi-institutional study of outcomes in stage I-III uterine carcinosarcoma.
- A multicenter evaluation of sequential multimodality therapy and clinical outcome for the treatment of advanced endometrial cancer.
- A phase I study of dose-dense topotecan given upfront to standard therapy in patients with small cell lung cancer.
- A phase II study of induction chemotherapy followed by thoracic radiotherapy and erlotinib in poor-risk stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: results of CALGB 30605 (Alliance)/RTOG 0972 (NRG).
- A preliminary assessment of guideline adherence and clinical variation in oral cancer treatment: a MarketScan database study.
- A prospective pathologic analysis using whole-mount sections of rectal cancer following preoperative combined modality therapy: implications for sphincter preservation.
- A validation study of a new prognostic index for patients with brain metastases: the Graded Prognostic Assessment.
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria(®) Aggressive Nonmelanomatous Skin Cancer of the Head and Neck.
- ATM Variants in Breast Cancer: Implications for Breast Radiation Therapy Treatment Recommendations.
- Active Breathing Coordinator reduces radiation dose to the heart and preserves local control in patients with left breast cancer: report of a prospective trial.
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the paranasal sinuses.
- Adequate lymph node assessment for extrahepatic bile duct adenocarcinoma.
- Adjuvant Radiation Therapy for Clinical Stage III Melanoma in the Modern Therapeutic Era.
- Adjuvant Therapy for Patients With Early Large Cell Lung Neuroendocrine Cancer: A National Analysis.
- Adjuvant and salvage radiation therapy after prostatectomy: American Society for Radiation Oncology/American Urological Association guidelines.
- Adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy: AUA/ASTRO Guideline.
- Adjuvant external-beam radiotherapy with concurrent chemotherapy after resection of primary gallbladder carcinoma: a 23-year experience.
- Adjuvant radiation therapy for distal pancreatic cancer: is there a role?
- Adjuvant radiation therapy increases disease-free survival in stage IB Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Adjuvant radioactive iodine therapy is associated with improved survival for patients with intermediate-risk papillary thyroid cancer.
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for pathologic stage T3/4 adenocarcinoma of the prostate: ten-year update.
- Adjuvant radiotherapy in the treatment of invasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas: an analysis of the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results registry.
- Adjuvant radiotherapy with and without concurrent chemotherapy for locally advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the renal pelvis and ureter.
- Adjuvant therapy for colorectal cancer.
- Adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer: an evolving paradigm.
- Adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer: current status and future directions.
- Adjuvant therapy in rectal cancer: analysis of stage, sex, and local control--final report of intergroup 0114.
- Adjuvant treatment and outcomes for patients with stage IIIA grade 1 endometrioid endometrial cancer.
- Adjuvant versus salvage radiation therapy for prostate cancer and the risk of death.
- Adoptive cell therapy for patients with metastatic melanoma: evaluation of intensive myeloablative chemoradiation preparative regimens.
- Adverse pathology and undetectable ultrasensitive prostate-specific antigen after radical prostatectomy: is adjuvant radiation warranted?
- Age-related disparities in the use of radiotherapy for treatment of localized soft tissue sarcoma.
- Aggressive multimodality treatment of invasive thymic carcinoma.
- Anal cancer. American College of Radiology. ACR Appropriateness Criteria.
- Analysis of perioperative radiation therapy in the surgical treatment of primary and recurrent retroperitoneal sarcoma.
- Anaplastic extramedullary cervical ependymoma with leptomeningeal metastasis.
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma associated with breast implants: a report of 13 cases.
- Antiangiogenics: the potential role of integrating this novel treatment modality with chemoradiation for solid cancers.
- Appendiceal carcinoma: patterns of failure following surgery and implications for adjuvant therapy.
- Applying the neoadjuvant paradigm to ductal carcinoma in situ.
- Assessing adverse events of postprostatectomy radiation therapy for prostate cancer: evaluation of outcomes in the Regione Emilia-Romagna, Italy.
- Assessment of multimodality therapy use for extremity sarcoma in the United States.
- Association between single nucleotide polymorphisms of the transforming growth factor β1 gene and the risk of severe radiation esophagitis in patients with lung cancer.
- Benefit of delayed primary excision in rhabdomyosarcoma: A report from the Children's Oncology Group.
- Bevacizumab for the treatment of high-grade glioma.
- Beyond 5-fluorouracil: the emerging role of newer chemotherapeutics and targeted agents with radiation therapy.
- Body mass index, dose to organs at risk during vaginal brachytherapy, and the role of three-dimensional CT-based treatment planning.
- Breast conservation rates-barriers between tertiary care and community practice.
- Breast conservation surgery using nipple-areolar resection for central breast cancers.
- Cancer-related fatigue.
- Carcinoma of the Middle Ear: A Review of the National Cancer Database.
- Carcinoma of the vulva: combined modality treatment.
- Cardiorespiratory fitness in breast cancer patients: a call for normative values.
- Cerebellar malignant fibrous histiocytoma: case report and literature review.
- Cerebellopontine angle craniopharyngioma: case report and literature review.
- Characteristics associated with swallowing changes after concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy in patients with head and neck cancer.
- Chemoradiation for localized pancreatic cancer: another perspective.
- Chemoradiotherapy for locoregionally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the base of tongue.
- Chemotherapeutic and biologic agents as radiosensitizers in rectal cancer.
- Chemotherapy or Combined Modality Therapy for Early-stage Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- Clear cell adenocarcinoma in a female urethral diverticulum.
- Clinical Utility of the 12-Gene DCIS Score Assay: Impact on Radiotherapy Recommendations for Patients with Ductal Carcinoma In Situ.
- Clinical examination following preoperative chemoradiation for rectal cancer is not a reliable surrogate end point.
- Clinical outcome after neoadjuvant thermoradiotherapy in high grade soft tissue sarcomas.
- Clinical physics, applicator choice, technique, and equipment for electron intraoperative radiation therapy.
- Clinical predictors of larynx preservation after multiagent concurrent chemoradiotherapy.
- Clinicopathologic features and treatment in patients with early stage uterine clear cell carcinoma: A 16-year experience.
- Colorectal cancer.
- Colorectal cancer: adjuvant chemotherapy for rectal cancer-an unresolved issue.
- Combined modality therapy for rectal and colon cancer.
- Combined modality treatment for rectal cancer.
- Combined-modality therapy for early-stage Hodgkin lymphoma: maintaining high cure rates while minimizing risks.
- Combined-modality therapy for rectal cancer: future prospects.
- Combined-modality therapy versus radiotherapy alone for treatment of early-stage Hodgkin's disease: cure balanced against complications.
- Comparison Between Adjuvant and Early-Salvage Postprostatectomy Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer With Adverse Pathological Features.
- Complete Surgical Excision Is Essential for the Management of Patients With Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large-Cell Lymphoma.
- Complete response to neoadjuvant chemoradiation for rectal cancer does not influence survival.
- Complications of pancreaticoduodenectomy after neoadjuvant chemoradiation in patients with and without preoperative biliary drainage.
- Controversies in the treatment of prostate cancer with maximal androgen deprivation.
- Cost Implications of an Evidence-Based Approach to Radiation Treatment After Lumpectomy for Early-Stage Breast Cancer.
- Cost-effectiveness of adjuvant radiotherapy in intermediate risk endometrial cancer.
- Current Trends in the Management of Ductal Carcinoma In Situ.
- Cyberknife hypofractionated stereotactic radiosurgery (HSRS) of resection cavity after excision of large cerebral metastasis: efficacy and safety of an 800 cGy × 3 daily fractions regimen.
- Defining the Place of Adjuvant Chemotherapy and Radiation for High-Risk Endometrial Cancer From Recent Randomized Clinical Trials: Some Answers, More Questions.
- Deformable registration of preoperative PET/CT with postoperative radiation therapy planning CT in head and neck cancer.
- Delayed recovery after pancreaticoduodenectomy: a major factor impairing the delivery of adjuvant therapy?
- Desmoid tumors of the chest wall.
- Diagnosis and treatment of stage-III peripheral squamous cell carcinoma of right upper lung.
- Does Prophylactic Paraortic Lymph Node Irradiation Improve Outcomes in Women With Stage IIIC1 Endometrial Carcinoma?
- Does adjuvant chemotherapy improve survival for women with early-stage uterine leiomyosarcoma?
- Does postoperative irradiation play a role in the adjuvant therapy of stage T4 colon cancer?
- Does surgery improve outcomes for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma? An analysis using the surveillance epidemiology and end results registry from 1998 to 2008.
- Does vocal cord fixation preclude nonsurgical management of laryngeal cancer?
- Dosimetric and radiobiologic comparison of 3D conformal versus intensity modulated planning techniques for prostate bed radiotherapy.
- Downstaging therapy followed by liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma beyond Milan criteria.
- Early Adoption of the SSO-ASTRO Consensus Guidelines on Margins for Breast-Conserving Surgery with Whole-Breast Irradiation in Stage I and II Invasive Breast Cancer: Initial Experience from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Early breast cancer therapy and cardiovascular injury.
- Effect of esthetic outcome after breast-conserving surgery on psychosocial functioning and quality of life.
- Effect of neoadjuvant chemoradiation on operative mortality and morbidity for pancreaticoduodenectomy.
- Effect of primary prophylactic G-CSF use on systemic therapy administration for elderly breast cancer patients.
- Equivalent Treatment and Survival after Resection of Pancreatic Cancer at Safety-Net Hospitals.
- Evaluation of Adjuvant Radiation Therapy for Resected Gallbladder Carcinoma: A Multi-institutional Experience.
- Evaluation of preoperative therapy for pancreatic cancer using a prognostic nomogram.
- Ewing's sarcoma of the hand.
- Extent of neck dissection required after concurrent chemoradiation for stage IV head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- External beam radiation therapy after radical prostatectomy: efficacy and impact on urinary continence.
- Feasibility trial of partial breast irradiation with concurrent dose-dense doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide in early-stage breast cancer.
- Fibromatoses in childhood: the desmoid/fibromatosis complex.
- Fifteen-year median follow-up results after neoadjuvant doxorubicin, followed by mastectomy, followed by adjuvant cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil (CMF) followed by radiation for stage III breast cancer: a phase II trial (CALGB 8944).
- Gastric surgical adjuvant radiotherapy consensus report: rationale and treatment implementation.
- Heterotopic ossification in rectal cancer: Rare finding with a novel proposed mechanism.
- High-dose therapy and autologous bone marrow transplantation for follicular lymphoma in first complete or partial remission: results of a phase II clinical trial.
- Higher symptom burden is associated with lower function in women taking adjuvant endocrine therapy for breast cancer.
- Identification of distant metastases with PET-CT in patients with suspected recurrent head and neck cancer.
- Identification of distinct and overlapping cortical areas for bilingual naming and reading using cortical stimulation. Case report.
- Immediate Breast Reconstruction Allows for the Timely Initiation of Postmastectomy Radiation Therapy.
- Immunologic Consequences of Sequencing Cancer Radiotherapy and Surgery.
- Immunologic escape after prolonged progression-free survival with epidermal growth factor receptor variant III peptide vaccination in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma.
- Impact of Positive Margins and Radiation After Tracheal Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Resection on Survival.
- Impact of body mass index on outcomes and treatment-related toxicity in patients with stage II and III rectal cancer: findings from Intergroup Trial 0114.
- Impact of hospital procedure volume on surgical operation and long-term outcomes in high-risk curatively resected rectal cancer: findings from the Intergroup 0114 Study.
- Impact of minimally invasive vs. open distal pancreatectomy on use of adjuvant chemoradiation for pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Impact of postoperative prostate-specific antigen disease recurrence and the use of salvage therapy on the risk of death.
- Impact of prior local therapy on overall survival in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: Results from Shared Equal Access Regional Cancer Hospital.
- Impact of radical prostatectomy in the management of clinically localized disease.
- Improved survival in stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: seven-year follow-up of cancer and leukemia group B (CALGB) 8433 trial.
- Improving understanding of adjuvant therapy options by using simpler risk graphics.
- Incidence and risk factors of significant carotid artery stenosis in asymptomatic survivors of head and neck cancer after radiotherapy.
- Increased toxicity with gefitinib, capecitabine, and radiation therapy in pancreatic and rectal cancer: phase I trial results.
- Induction therapy does not improve survival for clinical stage T2N0 esophageal cancer.
- Initiation of salvage therapy for prostate cancer.
- Intensified adjuvant combined modality therapy for resected periampullary adenocarcinoma: acceptable toxicity and suggestion of improved 1-year disease-free survival.
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for resected mesothelioma: the Duke experience.
- Intensive concomitant chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced unresectable squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a phase II study of radiotherapy with cisplatin and 7-week continuous infusional fluorouracil.
- Internal fixation of radiation-induced pathological fractures of the femur has a high rate of failure.
- Intraocular Ki-1 lymphoma in a 2-year-old boy.
- Intraoperative radiation therapy in resected bile duct cancer.
- Intraoperative radiation therapy in the management of gynecologic and genitourinary malignancies.
- Intraoperative radiation therapy.
- Invasive Breast Cancer Version 1.2016, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Investigating confounders of the association between survival and adjuvant radiation therapy after breast conserving surgery in a sample of elderly breast Cancer patients in Appalachia.
- Is radiation indicated in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ and close or positive mastectomy margins?
- Is there a role for adjuvant therapy in resected adenocarcinoma of the small intestine.
- Isolated Central Nervous System Chloroma as a Presenting Sign of Relapsed Pediatric Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
- Keloid Excision and Adjuvant Treatments: A Network Meta-analysis.
- Late onset of isolated central nervous system metastasis of liposarcoma--a case report.
- Leiomyosarcoma in childhood and adolescence.
- Limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (stages I-III): observations from the National Cancer Data Base.
- Liver Transplantation Outcomes in a U.S. Multicenter Cohort of 789 Patients With Hepatocellular Carcinoma Presenting Beyond Milan Criteria.
- Local recurrence following initial resection of NSCLC: salvage is possible with radiation therapy.
- Local therapy for rectal cancer.
- Local-regional recurrence in women with small node-negative, HER2-positive breast cancer: results from a prospective multi-institutional study (the APT trial).
- Locally advanced (high-risk) prostate cancer. American College of Radiology. ACR Appropriateness Criteria.
- Long-term Oncologic Outcomes After Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy for Retroperitoneal Sarcomas.
- Long-term follow-up of patients with rectal cancer managed by local excision with and without adjuvant irradiation.
- Long-term results of therapy for stage C neuroblastoma.
- Long-term survival after multidisciplinary management of resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Low local recurrence rate without postmastectomy radiation in node-negative breast cancer patients with tumors 5 cm and larger.
- Low morbidity and mortality for bronchoplastic procedures with and without induction therapy.
- Low-stage medulloblastoma: final analysis of trial comparing standard-dose with reduced-dose neuraxis irradiation.
- MSH6 inactivation and emergent temozolomide resistance in human glioblastomas.
- Management of extremity soft tissue sarcomas with limb-sparing surgery and postoperative irradiation: do total dose, overall treatment time, and the surgery-radiotherapy interval impact on local control?
- Management of locally advanced adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- Management of patients with advanced prostate cancer: recommendations of the St Gallen Advanced Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference (APCCC) 2015.
- Management of resectable rectal cancer. American College of Radiology. ACR Appropriateness Criteria.
- Maximizing Tumor Control and Limiting Complications With Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer.
- Measurement and Variation in Estimation of Quality of Life Effects of Patients Undergoing Treatment for Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma.
- Medical Facts versus Value Judgments--Toward Preference-Sensitive Guidelines.
- Meta-analysis of concomitant versus sequential radiochemotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Minimally invasive gastrectomy for gastric cancer: A national perspective on oncologic outcomes and overall survival.
- Mobile spine chordoma: results of 166 patients from the AOSpine Knowledge Forum Tumor database.
- Modeling killing and repopulation kinetics of subclinical cancer: direct calculations from clinical data.
- Multiagent concurrent chemoradiotherapy for locoregionally advanced squamous cell head and neck cancer: mature results from a single institution.
- Multicenter analysis of recurrence and survival in stage IIIA endometrial cancer.
- Multidisciplinary approach to treatment of radiation-induced chest wall sarcoma.
- Multimodality management of locally advanced rectal cancer.
- Multimodality therapy for locoregional extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a population-based analysis.
- Multiple Myeloma, Version 3.2017, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- NCCN Guidelines Insights: Bladder Cancer, Version 5.2018.
- Nasal Cavity Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Factors Associated With Treatment Outcomes and Potential Organ Preservation.
- Nationwide trends and outcomes associated with neoadjuvant therapy in pancreatic cancer: An analysis of 18 243 patients.
- Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy and Surgery Improves Metastasis-Free Survival over Surgery Alone in a Primary Mouse Model of Soft Tissue Sarcoma.
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiation for adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiation for adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for adenocarcinoma of the pancreas: treatment variables and survival duration.
- Neuroendocrine small cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix: what disease? What treatment? Report of ten cases and a review of the literature.
- Never too old? Age should not be a barrier to enrollment in cancer clinical trials.
- New Developments in the Management of Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- New approaches to assessing and treating early-stage colon and rectal cancer: summary statement from 2007 Santa Monica Conference.
- No Difference in Survival between Neo-Adjuvant Chemotherapy and Neo-Adjuvant Chemoradiation Therapy in Gastric Cardia Cancer Patients: A Contemporary View from the National Cancer Database.
- Nodal Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Predicts Receipt of Radiation Therapy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis.
- Nodal downstaging predicts survival following induction chemotherapy for stage IIIA (N2) non-small cell lung cancer in CALGB protocol #8935.
- Node-positive prostate cancer. American College of Radiology. ACR Appropriateness Criteria.
- Omission of Radiation in Conservative Treatment for Breast Cancer: Opportunity for De-escalation of Care.
- Optimizing Adjuvant Treatment Recommendations for Older Women with Biologically Favorable Breast Cancer: Short-Course Radiation or Long-Course Endocrine Therapy?
- Outcomes after total skin-sparing mastectomy and immediate reconstruction in 657 breasts.
- Outcomes and Predictive Value of Post-adjuvant Therapy PET/CT for Locally Advanced Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- Outcomes in surgical stage I uterine papillary serous carcinoma.
- Overcoming Resistance - Omission of Radiotherapy for Low-Risk Breast Cancer.
- Overview of the randomized trials of radiotherapy in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast.
- Paclitaxel-based chemoradiotherapy in the treatment of patients with operable esophageal cancer.
- Pain, quality of life, and spinal accessory nerve status after neck dissection.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma: Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Pancreatic cancer: future outlook, promising trials, newer systemic agents, and strategies from the Gastrointestinal Intergroup Pancreatic Cancer Task Force.
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors with involved surgical margins: prognostic factors and the role of adjuvant radiotherapy.
- Pathologic complete response to neoadjuvant therapy in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is associated with a better prognosis.
- Patterns of Care and Age-Specific Impact of Extent of Resection and Adjuvant Radiotherapy in Pediatric Pineoblastoma.
- Patterns of disease failure after trimodality therapy of nonsmall cell lung carcinoma pathologic stage IIIA (N2). Analysis of Cancer and Leukemia Group B Protocol 8935.
- Persistent N2 disease after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Phase 1 trial of neoadjuvant radiation therapy before prostatectomy for high-risk prostate cancer.
- Phase I trial evaluating the safety of bevacizumab with concurrent radiotherapy and capecitabine in locally advanced pancreatic cancer.
- Phase I/II study of preoperative oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and external-beam radiation therapy in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B 89901.
- Phase II study of bevacizumab with concurrent capecitabine and radiation followed by maintenance gemcitabine and bevacizumab for locally advanced pancreatic cancer: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group RTOG 0411.
- Phase II trial of cetuximab, gemcitabine, and oxaliplatin followed by chemoradiation with cetuximab for locally advanced (T4) pancreatic adenocarcinoma: correlation of Smad4(Dpc4) immunostaining with pattern of disease progression.
- Phase II trial of preoperative chemoradiation in patients with localized gastric adenocarcinoma (RTOG 9904): quality of combined modality therapy and pathologic response.
- Phase III study of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy compared with chemotherapy alone in the surgical adjuvant treatment of colon cancer: results of intergroup protocol 0130.
- Polymorphisms of p16, p27, p73, and MDM2 modulate response and survival of pancreatic cancer patients treated with preoperative chemoradiation.
- Post-mastectomy radiation in large node-negative breast tumors: does size really matter?
- Post-therapy pathologic stage and survival in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma treated with neoadjuvant chemoradiation.
- Postmastectomy Radiotherapy: An American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society for Radiation Oncology, and Society of Surgical Oncology Focused Guideline Update.
- Postmastectomy Radiotherapy: An American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society for Radiation Oncology, and Society of Surgical Oncology Focused Guideline Update.
- Postoperative Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer: Comparison of Conventional Versus Hypofractionated Radiation Regimens.
- Postoperative chemotherapy and delayed radiation in infants and very young children with choroid plexus carcinomas. The Pediatric Oncology Group.
- Postoperative prostate-specific antigen as a prognostic indicator in patients with margin-positive prostate cancer, undergoing adjuvant radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy.
- Postoperative radiation therapy for lung cancer: where do we stand?
- Postoperative radiotherapy is associated with improved overall survival for alveolar ridge squamous cell carcinoma with adverse pathologic features.
- Postradical prostatectomy irradiation in carcinoma of the prostate. American College of Radiology. ACR Appropriateness Criteria.
- Postresection CA 19-9 predicts overall survival in patients with pancreatic cancer treated with adjuvant chemoradiation: a prospective validation by RTOG 9704.
- Practice patterns in the delivery of radiation therapy after mastectomy among the University of California Athena Breast Health Network.
- Predicting response to adjuvant and radiation therapy in patients with early stage breast carcinoma.
- Prediction model to estimate overall survival benefit of postoperative radiotherapy for resected major salivary gland cancers.
- Predictors of Long-Term Quality of Life for Survivors of Stage II/III Rectal Cancer in the Cancer Care Outcomes Research and Surveillance Consortium.
- Predictors of reduced dose intensity in patients with early-stage breast cancer receiving adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Preoperative chemoradiation and pancreaticoduodenectomy for adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- Preoperative chemoradiation for patients with locally advanced adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- Preoperative chemoradiation strategies for localized adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- Preoperative concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy in rectal cancer patients.
- Preoperative gemcitabine-based chemoradiation for patients with resectable adenocarcinoma of the pancreatic head.
- Preoperative infusional chemoradiation and surgery with or without an electron beam intraoperative boost for advanced primary rectal cancer.
- Preoperative or postoperative radiotherapy versus surgery alone for retroperitoneal sarcoma: a case-control, propensity score-matched analysis of a nationwide clinical oncology database.
- Preoperative radiation therapy in the surgical management of gastric and junctional adenocarcinoma: Should lymph node retrieval guidelines be altered?
- Preoperative radiotherapy for rectal cancer: benefits and controversies.
- Primary Versus Preoperative Radiation for Locally Advanced Vulvar Cancer.
- Primary pediatric intraspinal sarcomas. Report of 3 cases.
- Prognostic factors in stage T3N0 rectal cancer: do all patients require postoperative pelvic irradiation and chemotherapy?
- Prognostic significance of depth of gross or microscopic perirectal fat invasion in T3 N0 M0 rectal cancers following sharp mesorectal excision and no adjuvant therapy.
- Progressive outer retinal necrosis.
- Promising survival and concomitant radiation plus temozolomide followed by adjuvant temozolomide.
- Prostate cancer.
- Pubic Bone Osteomyelitis and Pubosymphyseal Urinary Fistula: A Poorly Recognized Complication in Prostate Cancer Survivors.
- Quality measures for the use of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy in patients with colorectal cancer: a systematic review.
- Quality of life after postmastectomy radiotherapy in patients with intermediate-risk breast cancer (SUPREMO): 2-year follow-up results of a randomised controlled trial.
- Radiation Therapy for Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Indications and Controversies for Neoadjuvant Therapy, Adjuvant Therapy, Intraoperative Radiation Therapy, and Brachytherapy.
- Radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy for stage IB2 cervical cancer.
- Radioactive Iodine Treatment Is Associated with Improved Survival for Patients with Hürthle Cell Carcinoma.
- Radiotherapy after mastectomy.
- Radiotherapy following radical prostatectomy.
- Randomized phase II study of neoadjuvant combined-modality chemoradiation for distal rectal cancer: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Trial 0012.
- Rapid-fractionation pre-operative chemoradiation for malignant periampullary neoplasms.
- Rapid-fractionation preoperative chemoradiation, pancreaticoduodenectomy, and intraoperative radiation therapy for resectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Rare breast metastasis from adenoid cystic carcinoma of the submandibular gland.
- Recent advances in the treatment of pediatric brain tumors.
- Rectal cancer: presentation with metastatic and locally advanced disease. American College of Radiology. ACR Appropriateness Criteria.
- Recurrence After Partial Hepatectomy for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: Potentially Curative Role of Salvage Repeat Resection.
- Recurrence after complete resection and selective use of adjuvant therapy for stage I through III Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Reply to J. Stenman et al.
- Resected pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: patterns of failure and disease-related outcomes with or without radiotherapy.
- Resection of lymph node metastases influences survival in stage IIIC endometrial cancer.
- Results of cancer and leukemia group B protocol 8935. A multiinstitutional phase II trimodality trial for stage IIIA (N2) non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer and Leukemia Group B Thoracic Surgery Group.
- Rising PSA in nonmetastatic prostate cancer.
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy is not associated with early postoperative radiation therapy.
- Role of Adjuvant Therapy in a Population-Based Cohort of Patients With Early-Stage Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Role of radiation therapy in patients with resectable pancreatic cancer.
- SEER insights.
- Safety of immediate transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous breast reconstruction for patients with locally advanced disease.
- Second malignancies in young children with primary brain tumors following treatment with prolonged postoperative chemotherapy and delayed irradiation: a Pediatric Oncology Group study.
- Sequential preoperative fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography assessment of response to preoperative chemoradiation: a means for determining longterm outcomes of rectal cancer.
- Serum CA 19-9 as a marker of resectability and survival in patients with potentially resectable pancreatic cancer treated with neoadjuvant chemoradiation.
- Significance of histological response to preoperative chemoradiotherapy for pancreatic cancer.
- Simulation Modeling of Cancer Clinical Trials: Application to Omitting Radiotherapy in Low-risk Breast Cancer.
- Simultaneously detected bilateral testicular cancer of different histopathological origin--a challenging situation for the urologist.
- Sinonasal Squamous Cell Carcinoma Outcomes: Does Treatment at a High-Volume Center Confer Survival Benefit?
- Small-cell lung cancer: a review of clinical trials.
- Society of Surgical Oncology-American Society for Radiation Oncology consensus guideline on margins for breast-conserving surgery with whole-breast irradiation in stages I and II invasive breast cancer.
- Society of Surgical Oncology-American Society for Radiation Oncology-American Society of Clinical Oncology Consensus Guideline on Margins for Breast-Conserving Surgery with Whole-Breast Irradiation in Ductal Carcinoma In Situ.
- Sphincter preservation in rectal cancer. Local excision followed by postoperative radiation therapy.
- Sphincter-sparing treatment for distal rectal adenocarcinoma.
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx and hypopharynx.
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the temporal bone: a radiographic-pathologic correlation.
- Stage III lung cancer: two or three modalities? The continued role of thoracic radiotherapy.
- Staging of pancreatic cancer before and after neoadjuvant chemoradiation.
- Standardization of lower extremity quantitative lymphedema measurements and associated patient-reported outcomes in gynecologic cancers.
- Stopping a clinical trial early: frequentist and Bayesian approaches applied to a CALGB trial in non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Suppository administration of chemotherapeutic drugs with concomitant radiation for rectal cancer.
- Surgical Resection of the Primary Tumor in Women With De Novo Stage IV Breast Cancer: Contemporary Practice Patterns and Survival Analysis.
- Surgical candidacy and treatment initiation among women with cervical cancer at public referral hospitals in Kampala, Uganda: a descriptive cohort study.
- Surgical resection is necessary to maximize tumor control in function-preserving, aggressive chemoradiation protocols for advanced squamous cancer of the head and neck (stage III and IV).
- Surgical strategies and outcomes after induction therapy for non-small cell lung cancer.
- Surrogate endpoints for overall survival in chemotherapy and radiotherapy trials in operable and locally advanced lung cancer: a re-analysis of meta-analyses of individual patients' data.
- Surveillance of Sentinel Node-Positive Melanoma Patients with Reasons for Exclusion from MSLT-II: Multi-Institutional Propensity Score Matched Analysis.
- Survival disadvantage among Medicaid-insured breast cancer patients treated with breast conserving surgery without radiation therapy.
- Systemic therapy for older women with breast cancer.
- Tailoring Adjuvant Radiation Therapy by Intraoperative Imaging to Detect Residual Cancer.
- Technical advances in the treatment of patients with rectal cancer.
- Temporal trends in the management of potentially resectable lung cancer.
- Testicular cancer. Clinical practice guidelines.
- The 1999 patterns of care study of radiotherapy in localized prostate carcinoma: a comprehensive survey of prostate brachytherapy in the United States.
- The ASTRO clinical practice guidelines in cervical cancer: Optimizing radiation therapy for improved outcomes.
- The Development of Intermediate Clinical Endpoints in Cancer of the Prostate (ICECaP).
- The Impact of Pathologically Positive Lymph Nodes in the Clinically Negative Neck: An Analysis of 39,301 Patients with Papillary Thyroid Cancer.
- The Role of Radiotherapy for Chordoma Patients Managed With Surgery: Analysis of the National Cancer Database.
- The ability of tumor volume to predict local control in surgically treated squamous cell carcinoma of the supraglottic larynx.
- The addition of chemotherapy to adjuvant radiation is associated with inferior survival outcomes in intermediate-risk HPV-negative HNSCC.
- The clinical management of chondrosarcoma.
- The complex triad of obesity, diabetes and race in Type I and II endometrial cancers: prevalence and prognostic significance.
- The cost-effectiveness of neoadjuvant chemoradiation is superior to a surgery-first approach in the treatment of pancreatic head adenocarcinoma.
- The current clinical value of the DCIS Score.
- The effect of neoadjuvant radiation therapy on perioperative outcomes among patients undergoing resection of retroperitoneal sarcomas.
- The evaluation and treatment of patients receiving radiation therapy for carcinoma of the esophagus: results of the 1992-1994 Patterns of Care Study.
- The feasibility and safety of immunotherapy with dendritic cells loaded with CEA mRNA following neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy and resection of pancreatic cancer.
- The impact of 5-fluorouracil and intraoperative electron beam radiation therapy on the outcome of patients with locally advanced primary rectal and rectosigmoid cancer.
- The impact of endocrine therapy on sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women with early stage breast cancer: encouraging results from a prospective study.
- The impact of portal vein resection on outcomes for hilar cholangiocarcinoma: a multi-institutional analysis of 305 cases.
- The impact of surgery on ductal carcinoma in situ outcomes: the use of mastectomy.
- The influence of adjuvant therapy on survival in patients with indeterminate margins following surgery for non-small cell lung cancer.
- The influence of radiation modality and lymph node dissection on survival in early-stage endometrial cancer.
- The prognostic significance of positive peritoneal cytology and adnexal/serosal metastasis in stage IIIA endometrial cancer.
- The role of androgen deprivation therapy combined with prostate brachytherapy.
- The role of intraoperative radiation therapy in patients with pancreatic cancer.
- The role of multi-modality adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation in women with advanced stage endometrial cancer.
- The role of optimal debulking in advanced stage serous carcinoma of the uterus.
- The treatment of malignant brain tumors in infants and very young children: an update of the Pediatric Oncology Group experience.
- The use of adjuvant radiotherapy in elderly patients with early-stage breast cancer: changes in practice patterns after publication of Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9343.
- The use of radiation therapy in localized high-grade soft tissue sarcoma and potential impact on survival.
- Thirty years of rectal cancer research: a brief history.
- Thoracic radiation therapy added to chemotherapy for small-cell lung cancer: an update of Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 8083.
- Thymoma: benign appearance, malignant potential.
- Timing and patterns of recurrences and deaths from prostate cancer following adjuvant pelvic radiotherapy for pathologic stage T3/4 adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Timing of local and distant failure in resected lung cancer: implications for reported rates of local failure.
- Timing of surgery and radiotherapy in the management of metastatic spine disease: a systematic review.
- Toxicity of definitive and post-operative radiation following ipilimumab in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Treatment of newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme.
- Treatment of patients with pineoblastoma with high dose cyclophosphamide.
- Treatment systems guidelines for primary rectal cancer from the 1996 Patterns of Care Study.
- Treatment trends and predictors of adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapy for gastric adenocarcinoma in the United States.
- Treatment-induced changes in vocal cord mobility and subsequent local recurrence after organ preservation therapy for laryngeal carcinoma.
- Trends and outcomes in the use of surgery and radiation for the treatment of locally advanced esophageal cancer: a propensity score adjusted analysis of the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results registry from 1998 to 2008.
- Trends in Treatment Patterns and Outcomes for Ductal Carcinoma In Situ.
- Uncorrectable ptosis: primary cutaneous signet-ring cell carcinoma.
- Update on combined-modality treatment options for pancreatic cancer.
- VATS versus open surgery for lung cancer resection: moving toward a minimally invasive approach.
- Validation of a genomic classifier for prediction of metastasis and prostate cancer-specific mortality in African-American men following radical prostatectomy in an equal access healthcare setting.
- Value of surgical resection in children with high-risk neuroblastoma.
- Video-assisted wedge resection and local radiotherapy for peripheral lung cancer in high-risk patients: the Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) 9335, a phase II, multi-institutional cooperative group study.
- Volume of resection in patients treated with breast conservation for ductal carcinoma in situ.
- Well differentiated astrocytoma occurring nine years after radiation therapy for medulloblastoma.
- What's new in neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer?
- Who merits a neck dissection after definitive chemoradiotherapy for N2-N3 squamous cell head and neck cancer?
- Yes or no to local therapy for oligometastatic prostate cancer?
- [Adjuvant therapy of surgically removed stage I melanoma].
Keywords of People
- Abbruzzese, James, D. C. I. Distinguished Professor of Medical Oncology, Medicine, Medical Oncology
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Cohen, Seth Morris, Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences, Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Craciunescu, Oana, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Jowell, Paul Simon, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Gastroenterology
- Lee, Walter T, Professor of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences, Radiation Oncology
- McLendon, Roger Edwin, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Reed, Shelby Derene, Professor in Population Health Sciences, Duke Science & Society
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering
- Stinnett, Sandra Sue, Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
- Woodward, Julie Ann, Professor of Ophthalmology, Dermatology