Subject Areas on Research
- Autoantibodies to the GLUT-2 glucose transporter of beta cells in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus of recent onset.
- Epidermal growth factor stimulates glycogen synthesis in fetal rat hepatocytes: comparison with the glycogenic effects of insulin-like growth factor I and insulin.
- Ezrin binding domain-deficient NHERF attenuates cAMP-mediated inhibition of Na(+)/H(+) exchange in OK cells.
- GLUT-2 gene transfer into insulinoma cells confers both low and high affinity glucose-stimulated insulin release. Relationship to glucokinase activity.
- Regulation of sugar transport in cultured diploid human skin fibroblasts.
- Structural domains that contribute to substrate specificity in facilitated glucose transporters are distinct from those involved in kinetic function: studies with GLUT-1/GLUT-2 chimeras.
- The high Km glucose transporter of islets of Langerhans is functionally similar to the low affinity transporter of liver and has an identical primary sequence.
- Transfection of AtT-20ins cells with GLUT-2 but not GLUT-1 confers glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. Relationship to glucose metabolism.
- Underexpression of beta cell high Km glucose transporters in noninsulin-dependent diabetes.
Keywords of People