Subject Areas on Research
- A transcription factor links growth rate and metabolism in the hypersaline adapted archaeon Halobacterium salinarum.
- Evidence for extensive horizontal gene transfer from the draft genome of a tardigrade.
- Landscape position influences microbial composition and function via redistribution of soil water across a watershed.
- Separate and combined biochemical activities of the subunits of a naturally split reverse gyrase.
- Structures of archaeal DNA segregation machinery reveal bacterial and eukaryotic linkages.
- Structures of partition protein ParA with nonspecific DNA and ParB effector reveal molecular insights into principles governing Walker-box DNA segregation.