Subject Areas on Research
- 31P NMR spectroscopy and polarographic combined study of erythrocytes treated with 5-fluorouracil: cardiotoxicity-related changes in ATP, 2,3-BPG, and O2 metabolism.
- Erythropoietin in cyanotic heart disease.
- Evolution of adverse changes in stored RBCs.
- Hemoglobin Rahere, a human hemoglobin variant with amino acid substitution at the 2,3-diphosphoglycerate binding site. Functional consequences of the alteration and effects of bezafibrate on the oxygen bindings.
- Impact of transfusion of autologous 7- versus 42-day-old AS-3 red blood cells on tissue oxygenation and the microcirculation in healthy volunteers.
- Metabolomics evaluation of early-storage red blood cell rejuvenation at 4°C and 37°C.
- Oxygen binding to partially nitrosylated hemoglobin.
- Phosphorus 31 magnetic resonance spectroscopy of human placenta and quantitation with perchloric acid extracts.