Subject Areas on Research
- Autoreceptor presynaptic control of dopamine release from striatum is lost at early stages of manganese poisoning.
- Fibroblasts that express aromatic amino acid decarboxylase have increased sensitivity to the synergistic cytotoxicity of L-dopa and manganese.
- Manganese poisoning reduces strychnine-insensitive glycine binding sites in the globus pallidus of the mouse brain.
- Syndrome of hepatic cirrhosis, dystonia, polycythemia, and hypermanganesemia caused by mutations in SLC30A10, a manganese transporter in man.
- Use of non-mammalian alternative models for neurotoxicological study.