Subject Areas on Research
- Analysis of partial pol and env sequences indicates a high prevalence of HIV type 1 recombinant strains circulating in Gabon.
- Characterization of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in saliva and blood plasma by V3-specific heteroduplex tracking assay and genotype analyses.
- Decreased meiotic intergenic recombination and increased meiosis I nondisjunction in exo1 mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Development of an env gp41-based heteroduplex mobility assay for rapid human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtyping.
- Envelope diversity, coreceptor usage and syncytium-inducing phenotype of HIV-1 variants in saliva and blood during primary infection.
- Immunization with recombinant canarypox vectors expressing membrane-anchored glycoprotein 120 followed by glycoprotein 160 boosting fails to generate antibodies that neutralize R5 primary isolates of human immunodeficiency virus type 1.