Subject Areas on Research
- A comparative evaluation of nasal and parenteral vaccine adjuvants to elicit systemic and mucosal HIV-1 peptide-specific humoral immune responses in cynomolgus macaques.
- A new EV71 VP3 epitope in norovirus P particle vector displays neutralizing activity and protection in vivo in mice.
- A phase II, multicenter trial of rindopepimut (CDX-110) in newly diagnosed glioblastoma: the ACT III study.
- Acetalated Dextran Microparticles for Codelivery of STING and TLR7/8 Agonists.
- Active immunotherapy for TNF-mediated inflammation using self-assembled peptide nanofibers.
- Adjuvant-free nanofiber vaccine induces in situ lung dendritic cell activation and TH 17 responses.
- Adjuvanting a subunit COVID-19 vaccine to induce protective immunity.
- An Engineered Biomimetic MPER Peptide Vaccine Induces Weakly HIV Neutralizing Antibodies in Mice.
- Clinical applications of a peptide-based vaccine for glioblastoma.
- Comparative study of α-helical and β-sheet self-assembled peptide nanofiber vaccine platforms: influence of integrated T-cell epitopes.
- Comparison of Immunogenicity in Rhesus Macaques of Transmitted-Founder, HIV-1 Group M Consensus, and Trivalent Mosaic Envelope Vaccines Formulated as a DNA Prime, NYVAC, and Envelope Protein Boost.
- Covalent complexes of antigen and alpha(2)-macroglobulin: evidence for dramatically-increased immunogenicity.
- Cross-reactivity of HIV vaccine responses and the microbiome.
- Cross-subtype antibody and cellular immune responses induced by a polyvalent DNA prime-protein boost HIV-1 vaccine in healthy human volunteers.
- Cytokines as adjuvants for the induction of anti-human immunodeficiency virus peptide immunoglobulin G (IgG) and IgA antibodies in serum and mucosal secretions after nasal immunization.
- Dendritic cells pulsed with a tumor-specific peptide induce long-lasting immunity and are effective against murine intracerebral melanoma.
- Enabling sublingual peptide immunization with molecular self-assemblies.
- Final analysis of a phase I/IIa trial of the folate-binding protein-derived E39 peptide vaccine to prevent recurrence in ovarian and endometrial cancer patients.
- Greater chemotherapy-induced lymphopenia enhances tumor-specific immune responses that eliminate EGFRvIII-expressing tumor cells in patients with glioblastoma.
- HCMV glycoprotein B subunit vaccine efficacy mediated by nonneutralizing antibody effector functions.
- HIV-1 Envelope Mimicry of Host Enzyme Kynureninase Does Not Disrupt Tryptophan Metabolism.
- HIV-1 gp120 vaccine induces affinity maturation in both new and persistent antibody clonal lineages.
- Human Cytomegalovirus Glycoprotein B Nucleoside-Modified mRNA Vaccine Elicits Antibody Responses with Greater Durability and Breadth than MF59-Adjuvanted gB Protein Immunization.
- Humoral immunity induced by mucosal and/or systemic SIV-specific vaccine platforms suggests novel combinatorial approaches for enhancing responses.
- Immune mechanisms responsible for vaccination against and clearance of mucosal and lymphatic norovirus infection.
- Immunization of rhesus macaques with a polyvalent DNA prime/protein boost human immunodeficiency virus type 1 vaccine elicits protective antibody response against simian human immunodeficiency virus of R5 phenotype.
- Immunization with cocktail of HIV-derived peptides in montanide ISA-51 is immunogenic, but causes sterile abscesses and unacceptable reactogenicity.
- Immunoinformatics approaches to explore Helicobacter Pylori proteome (Virulence Factors) to design B and T cell multi-epitope subunit vaccine.
- Immunological responses in a patient with glioblastoma multiforme treated with sequential courses of temozolomide and immunotherapy: case study.
- Immunotherapy against angiogenesis-associated targets: evidence and implications for the treatment of malignant glioma.
- Impact of previous exposure to SARS-CoV-2 and of S-Trimer (SCB-2019) COVID-19 vaccination on the risk of reinfection: a randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, phase 2 and 3 trial.
- Improved induction of antibodies against key neutralizing epitopes by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp120 DNA prime-protein boost vaccination compared to gp120 protein-only vaccination.
- Improving peptide-MHC class I binding prediction for unbalanced datasets.
- In vivo expansion, persistence, and function of peptide vaccine-induced CD8 T cells occur independently of CD4 T cells.
- Induction of Heterologous Tier 2 HIV-1-Neutralizing and Cross-Reactive V1/V2-Specific Antibodies in Rabbits by Prime-Boost Immunization.
- Intranasal Subunit Vaccination Strategies Employing Nanomaterials and Biomaterials.
- Mucosal targeting of a BoNT/A subunit vaccine adjuvanted with a mast cell activator enhances induction of BoNT/A neutralizing antibodies in rabbits.
- Multifactorial Design of a Supramolecular Peptide Anti-IL-17 Vaccine Toward the Treatment of Psoriasis.
- Myeloablative temozolomide enhances CD8⁺ T-cell responses to vaccine and is required for efficacy against brain tumors in mice.
- Nucleoside-modified mRNA vaccines induce potent T follicular helper and germinal center B cell responses.
- Peptide vaccines for the treatment of glioblastoma.
- Phase 2 study of an HIV-1 canarypox vaccine (vCP1452) alone and in combination with rgp120: negative results fail to trigger a phase 3 correlates trial.
- Prospect of rindopepimut in the treatment of glioblastoma.
- Protection afforded by an HIV vaccine candidate in macaques depends on the dose of SIVmac251 at challenge exposure.
- Protective immunity to SIV challenge elicited by vaccination of macaques with multigenic DNA vaccines producing virus-like particles.
- Protein/AS01B vaccination elicits stronger, more Th2-skewed antigen-specific human T follicular helper cell responses than heterologous viral vectors.
- Rindopepimut with Bevacizumab for Patients with Relapsed EGFRvIII-Expressing Glioblastoma (ReACT): Results of a Double-Blind Randomized Phase II Trial.
- Rindopepimut with temozolomide for patients with newly diagnosed, EGFRvIII-expressing glioblastoma (ACT IV): a randomised, double-blind, international phase 3 trial.
- Rindopepimut: a promising immunotherapeutic for the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme.
- Safety and immunogenicity of a CTL multiepitope peptide vaccine for HIV with or without GM-CSF in a phase I trial.
- Safety and immunogenicity of an HIV-1 gp120-CD4 chimeric subunit vaccine in a phase 1a randomized controlled trial.
- Screening of primary gp120 immunogens to formulate the next generation polyvalent DNA prime-protein boost HIV-1 vaccines.
- Self-assembling peptide nanofiber HIV vaccine elicits robust vaccine-induced antibody functions and modulates Fc glycosylation.
- Serum elevation of B lymphocyte stimulator does not increase regulatory B cells in glioblastoma patients undergoing immunotherapy.
- Supramolecular peptide vaccines: tuning adaptive immunity.
- The use of self-adjuvanting nanofiber vaccines to elicit high-affinity B cell responses to peptide antigens without inflammation.
- Toward effective immunotherapy for the treatment of malignant brain tumors.
- Vaccination with Recombinant Cryptococcus Proteins in Glucan Particles Protects Mice against Cryptococcosis in a Manner Dependent upon Mouse Strain and Cryptococcal Species.
- Vaccine-Induced Memory CD8+ T Cells Provide Clinical Benefit in HER2 Expressing Breast Cancer: A Mouse to Human Translational Study.
- Vaccines in 2017: Closing in on a Zika virus vaccine.
- WT1 vaccination in acute myeloid leukemia: new methods of implementing adoptive immunotherapy.
Keywords of People
- Ferrari, Guido, Professor in Surgery, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Kelsoe, Garnett H., James B. Duke Distinguished Professor of Immunology, Integrative Immunobiology
- McLendon, Roger Edwin, Professor of Pathology, Pathology
- Sampson, John Howard, Robert H., M.D. and Gloria Wilkins Professor of Neurosurgery, in the School of Medicine, Biomedical Engineering
- Weinhold, Kent James, Joseph W. and Dorothy W. Beard Distinguished Professor of Experimental Surgery, Integrative Immunobiology