Subject Areas on Research
- Age- and position-related changes in hydraulic versus mechanical dysfunction of xylem: inferring the design criteria for Douglas-fir wood structure.
- Dynamics of water transport and storage in conifers studied with deuterium and heat tracing techniques.
- Hydraulic redistribution in a Douglas-fir forest: lessons from system manipulations.
- Maximum height in a conifer is associated with conflicting requirements for xylem design.
- Native root xylem embolism and stomatal closure in stands of Douglas-fir and ponderosa pine: mitigation by hydraulic redistribution.
- Photosynthetic differences between saplings and adult trees: an integration of field results by meta-analysis.
- Transpiration-induced axial and radial tension gradients in trunks of Douglas-fir trees.