Subject Areas on Research
- 1,2,4-Trioxanes as potential antimalarial agents.
- A cross-sectional survey of Plasmodium falciparum pfcrt mutant haplotypes in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Absence of putative artemisinin resistance mutations among Plasmodium falciparum in Sub-Saharan Africa: a molecular epidemiologic study.
- Accessibility, availability and affordability of anti-malarials in a rural district in Kenya after implementation of a national subsidy scheme.
- Antimalarial Drug Artemether Inhibits Neuroinflammation in BV2 Microglia Through Nrf2-Dependent Mechanisms.
- Application of an LC-MS/MS method for reliable determination of amodiaquine, N-desethylamodiaquine, artesunate and dihydroartemisinin in human plasma for a bioequivalence study in healthy Indian subjects.
- Artemether-Lumefantrine and Dihydroartemisinin-Piperaquine Retain High Efficacy for Treatment of Uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum Malaria in Myanmar.
- Artemisinin combination therapies and malaria parasite drug resistance: the game is afoot.
- Artemisinin resistance in Plasmodium falciparum malaria.
- Comparative efficacy of intramuscular artemether and intravenous quinine in Nigerian children with cerebral malaria.
- Design, synthesis, and study of a mycobactin-artemisinin conjugate that has selective and potent activity against tuberculosis and malaria.
- Health agencies end in-fighting on malaria.
- Improving rational use of ACTs through diagnosis-dependent subsidies: Evidence from a cluster-randomized controlled trial in western Kenya.
- Monthly sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine-amodiaquine or dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine as malaria chemoprevention in young Kenyan children with sickle cell anemia: A randomized controlled trial.
- On assessing bioequivalence and interchangeability between generics based on indirect comparisons.
- Oral activated charcoal prevents experimental cerebral malaria in mice and in a randomized controlled clinical trial in man did not interfere with the pharmacokinetics of parenteral artesunate.
- Plasmodium falciparum HRP2 ELISA for analysis of dried blood spot samples in rural Zambia.
- Scheduled Intermittent Screening with Rapid Diagnostic Tests and Treatment with Dihydroartemisinin-Piperaquine versus Intermittent Preventive Therapy with Sulfadoxine-Pyrimethamine for Malaria in Pregnancy in Malawi: An Open-Label Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Subsidising artemisinin-based combination therapy in the private retail sector.
- The association between price, competition, and demand factors on private sector anti-malarial stocking and sales in western Kenya: considerations for the AMFm subsidy.
- The next opportunity in anti-malaria drug discovery: the liver stage.
- Time for a "Third Wave" of malaria activism to tackle the drug stock-out crisis.
Keywords of People
- O'Meara, Wendy P, Associate Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Infectious Diseases