Subject Areas on Research
- Acquired expression of periostin by human breast cancers promotes tumor angiogenesis through up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 expression.
- Activated αvβ3 integrin regulates αvβ5 integrin-mediated phagocytosis in trabecular meshwork cells.
- Advancing biomarker science in the 21st century.
- Angiostatin's molecular mechanism: aspects of specificity and regulation elucidated.
- Electrical stimulation directly induces pre-angiogenic responses in vascular endothelial cells by signaling through VEGF receptors.
- Engineering clustered ligand binding into nonviral vectors: αvβ3 targeting as an example
- Epinephrine acts through erythroid signaling pathways to activate sickle cell adhesion to endothelium via LW-alphavbeta3 interactions.
- Gene microarray analysis of human brain arteriovenous malformations.
- Genetic and epigenetic changes in the eutopic endometrium of women with endometriosis: association with decreased endometrial αvβ3 integrin expression.
- Gαs proteins activate p72(Syk) and p60-c-Src tyrosine kinases to mediate sickle red blood cell adhesion to endothelium via LW-αvβ3 and CD44-CD44 interactions.
- Loss of ATRX promotes aggressive features of osteosarcoma with increased NF-κB signaling and integrin binding.
- MEK1/2 inhibitors reverse acute vascular occlusion in mouse models of sickle cell disease.
- Morphing low-affinity ligands into high-avidity nanoparticles by thermally triggered self-assembly of a genetically encoded polymer.
- Near-infrared optical imaging of integrin alphavbeta3 in human tumor xenografts.
- Osteopontin-dependent CD44v6 expression and cell adhesion in HepG2 cells.
- Periostin potently promotes metastatic growth of colon cancer by augmenting cell survival via the Akt/PKB pathway.
- Periostin secreted by glioblastoma stem cells recruits M2 tumour-associated macrophages and promotes malignant growth.
- Phase II study of cilengitide (EMD 121974, NSC 707544) in patients with non-metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer, NCI-6735. A study by the DOD/PCF prostate cancer clinical trials consortium.
- Prospective assessment of midsecretory endometrial leukemia inhibitor factor expression versus ανβ3 testing in women with unexplained infertility.
- RNA aptamer therapy for vaso-occlusion in sickle cell disease.
- Smooth muscle cell rigidity and extracellular matrix organization influence endothelial cell spreading and adhesion formation in coculture.
- Targeted inhibition of alphavbeta3 integrin with an RNA aptamer impairs endothelial cell growth and survival.
- The RGD motif in fibronectin is essential for development but dispensable for fibril assembly.
- The role of HMGB1 in efferocytosis: when the dead go unburied. Focus on "HMGB1 inhibits macrophage activity in efferocytosis through binding to the alphavbeta3-integrin".
- Thyroid hormones and 3,5-diiodothyropropionic acid: new keys for new locks.
- Treatment of Invasive Brain Tumors Using a Chain-like Nanoparticle.
Keywords of People
- Erickson, Harold Paul, James B. Duke Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Cell Biology
- Zennadi, Rahima, Associate Professor in Medicine, Pathology