Subject Areas on Research
- A public health perspective on healthy lifestyles and public-private partnerships for global childhood obesity prevention.
- A randomized controlled trial of a theoretically-based behavioral nutrition intervention for community elders: lessons learned from the Behavioral Nutrition Intervention for Community Elders Study.
- A spontaneous deletion within the desmoglein 3 extracellular domain of mice results in hypomorphic protein expression, immunodeficiency, and a wasting disease phenotype.
- A theoretically based Behavioral Nutrition Intervention for Community Elders at high risk: the B-NICE randomized controlled clinical trial.
- Acute Hepatic Failure and Nutrition.
- Application of nutrient essentiality criteria to dietary carbohydrates.
- Association between early postoperative nutritional supplement utilisation and length of stay in malnourished hip fracture patients.
- Authors' reply.
- Bedside ultrasound measurement of skeletal muscle.
- Causal Pathways from Enteropathogens to Environmental Enteropathy: Findings from the MAL-ED Birth Cohort Study.
- Clinical insights: Understanding the link between nutrition and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Clinical predictors of bloodstream infections and mortality in hospitalized Malawian children.
- Combination of flavor enhancement and chemosensory education improves nutritional status in older cancer patients.
- Cryptosporidium-malnutrition interactions: mucosal disruption, cytokines, and TLR signaling in a weaned murine model.
- Development of a Metastatic Spinal Tumor Frailty Index (MSTFI) Using a Nationwide Database and Its Association with Inpatient Morbidity, Mortality, and Length of Stay After Spine Surgery.
- Do geriatric conditions increase risk of adverse drug reactions in ambulatory elders? Results from the VA GEM Drug Study.
- Early childhood undernutrition increases risk of hearing loss in young adulthood in rural Nepal.
- Economics. Sustainability and global seafood.
- Effects of early childhood supplementation on the educational achievement of women.
- Endovascular aneurysm repair is associated with less malnutrition than open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.
- Environmental Enteric Dysfunction and Growth Failure/Stunting in Global Child Health.
- Evaluating associations between vaccine response and malnutrition, gut function, and enteric infections in the MAL-ED cohort study: methods and challenges.
- Evaluation of malnutrition via modified GLIM criteria for in patients undergoing emergent gastrointestinal surgery.
- Evidence-Based Perioperative Nutrition Recommendations: Optimizing Results and Minimizing Risks.
- Examining guidelines and new evidence in oncology nutrition: a position paper on gaps and opportunities in multimodal approaches to improve patient care.
- Feasibility of a Mobile Meal Assistance Program for Direct Care Workers in Long-Term Care Facilities in South Korea
- Gender-specific effects of early nutritional restriction on adult obesity risk: evidence from quasi-experimental studies.
- Global burden of 87 risk factors in 204 countries and territories, 1990-2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019.
- Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015.
- Gut microbiome contributions to altered metabolism in a pig model of undernutrition.
- Health Care Utilization and Associated Economic Burden of Postoperative Surgical Site Infection after Spinal Surgery with Follow-Up of 24 Months.
- High-fat diet changes the temporal profile of GLP-1 receptor-mediated hypophagia in rats.
- Household food insecurity is a risk factor for iron-deficiency anaemia in a multi-ethnic, low-income sample of infants and toddlers.
- Image-Guided Percutaneous Gastrostomy Tube Placement is Safe in Patients Requiring Aspirin 325 mg.
- Impact of Cognition and Handfeeding Assistance on Nutritional Intake for Nursing Home Residents.
- Impact of Malnutrition on Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt Insertion.
- Infant feeding practices, dietary adequacy, and micronutrient status measures in the MAL-ED study.
- Influence of Nutrition and Nonnutrition Factors on Pressure Injury Outcomes Among At-Risk Asian Nursing Home Residents.
- Is it now time to promote mixed enteral and parenteral nutrition for the critically ill patient?
- Keratomalacia in a Patient With Psychogenic Vitamin A Deficiency.
- Lean body mass should not be used as a surrogate measurement of muscle mass in malnourished men and women: Comment on Compher et al.
- Leptin directly promotes T-cell glycolytic metabolism to drive effector T-cell differentiation in a mouse model of autoimmunity.
- Long-Term Prognosis of Patients With Coexisting Obesity and Malnutrition After Acute Myocardial Infarction: A Cohort Study.
- Malnutrition and Nutritional Support in Alcoholic Liver Disease: a Review.
- Malnutrition and immune cell subsets in children undergoing kidney transplantation.
- Malnutrition as a risk factor for post-operative morbidity in gynecologic cancer: Analysis using a national surgical outcomes database.
- Malnutrition in elective shoulder arthroplasty: a multi-institutional retrospective study of preoperative albumin and adverse outcomes.
- Mapping local patterns of childhood overweight and wasting in low- and middle-income countries between 2000 and 2017.
- Metabolism and autophagy in the immune system: immunometabolism comes of age.
- Metabolomics in nutrition research: biomarkers predicting mortality in children with severe acute malnutrition.
- Methods of analysis of enteropathogen infection in the MAL-ED Cohort Study.
- Micronutrient deficiencies in critically ill patients receiving continuous renal replacement therapy.
- Modeling environmental influences on child growth in the MAL-ED cohort study: opportunities and challenges.
- Multimarkers of metabolic malnutrition and inflammation and their association with mortality risk in cardiac catheterisation patients: a prospective, longitudinal, observational, cohort study.
- Multisector intervention to accelerate reductions in child stunting: an observational study from 9 sub-Saharan African countries.
- Nascent to novel methods to evaluate malnutrition and frailty in the surgical patient.
- Neurologic Complications due to Severe Micronutrient Deficiencies in an American Adolescent.
- Nutrition assessment of the critically ill adult.
- Nutrition in advanced Alzheimer's disease.
- Nutrition screening and therapy in the older surgical patient: an area that is ignored.
- Nutrition therapy in critically ill infants and children.
- Nutrition, Obesity, and Cachexia in Patients With Heart Failure: A Consensus Statement from the Heart Failure Society of America Scientific Statements Committee.
- Nutritional Support Should Target the Cause of Malnutrition in Hospitalized Patients.
- Nutritional effects on T-cell immunometabolism.
- Nutritional support in acute and chronic pancreatitis.
- Outcomes of left ventricular assist device implantation as destination therapy in the post-REMATCH era: implications for patient selection.
- Pathogenesis and prevention of type 2 diabetes: parental determinants, breastfeeding, and early childhood nutrition.
- Patient Optimization-Strategies That Work: Malnutrition.
- Point-Counterpoint: Indirect Calorimetry Is Essential for Optimal Nutrition Therapy in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Poor Nutrition Status and Lumbar Spine Fusion Surgery in the Elderly: Readmissions, Complications, and Mortality.
- Population-based survey methods to quantify associations between human rights violations and health outcomes among internally displaced persons in eastern Burma.
- Postoperative Utilization of Oral Nutrition Supplements in Surgical Patients in US Hospitals.
- Preoperative Nutrition Consults Associated with Decreased Postoperative Complication Rate and Decreased Length of Hospital Stay After Spine Metastasis Surgery.
- Preoperative dysphagia risk in community-dwelling adults aged ≥50 years: Prevalence and risk factors.
- Preoperative serum albumin level as a predictor of postoperative complication after spine fusion.
- Prevalence and trends in the childhood dual burden of malnutrition in low- and middle-income countries, 1990-2012.
- Prevalence of Low Energy Availability in Competitively Trained Male Endurance Athletes.
- Recovery Focused Nutritional Therapy across the Continuum of Care: Learning from COVID-19.
- Response to Letter to the Editor on "The Role of Malnutrition in Ninety-Day Outcomes After Total Joint Arthroplasty".
- Rise in childhood obesity with persistently high rates of undernutrition among urban school-aged Indo-Asian children.
- Risk of Surgical Intervention in Children with Diagnoses of Cancer and Preoperative Malnutrition: A National Analysis.
- Scaling up international food aid: food delivery alone cannot solve the malnutrition crisis.
- Severe acute malnutrition in childhood: hormonal and metabolic status at presentation, response to treatment, and predictors of mortality.
- Sialylated Milk Oligosaccharides Promote Microbiota-Dependent Growth in Models of Infant Undernutrition.
- Summary points and consensus recommendations from the North American Surgical Nutrition Summit.
- The Association of Nutrition Status Expressed as Body Mass Index z Score With Outcomes in Children With Severe Sepsis: A Secondary Analysis From the Sepsis Prevalence, Outcomes, and Therapies (SPROUT) Study.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency International Doubly Labelled Water Database: Aims, Scope and Procedures.
- The MAL-ED study: a multinational and multidisciplinary approach to understand the relationship between enteric pathogens, malnutrition, gut physiology, physical growth, cognitive development, and immune responses in infants and children up to 2 years of age in resource-poor environments.
- The Role of Malnutrition in Ninety-Day Outcomes After Total Joint Arthroplasty.
- The effect of exposure to wood smoke on outcomes of childhood pneumonia in Botswana.
- The effect of weight change on nursing care facility admission in the NHANES I Epidemiologic Followup Survey.
- The effects of nutrition-related factors on four-year mortality among a biracial sample of community-dwelling elders in the North Carolina piedmont.
- The food security and nutrition crisis in Venezuela.
- The impact of body mass index on morbidity and short- and long-term mortality in cardiac valvular surgery.
- The malnourished surgery patient: a silent epidemic in perioperative outcomes?
- Tutorial: Development and Implementation of a Multidisciplinary Preoperative Nutrition Optimization Clinic.
- Undernutrition and Hypoleptinemia Modulate Alloimmunity and CMV-specific Viral Immunity in Transplantation.
- Updates in nutrition and polypharmacy.
- Validation of the perioperative nutrition screen for prediction of postoperative outcomes.
Keywords of People
- Freemark, Michael Scott, Robert C. Atkins, M.D. and Veronica Atkins Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, in the School of Medicine, Pediatrics, Endocrinology
- Wischmeyer, Paul Edmund, Professor of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine