Subject Areas on Research
- Alteration in vaginal microflora, douching prior to pregnancy, and preterm birth.
- Broadly neutralizing antibody specificities detected in the genital tract of HIV-1 infected women.
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) shedding is highly correlated with markers of immunosuppression in CMV-seropositive women.
- Resistance to type 1 interferons is a major determinant of HIV-1 transmission fitness.
- Scarcity or absence of humoral immune responses in the plasma and cervicovaginal lavage fluids of heavily HIV-1-exposed but persistently seronegative women.
- The impact of pregnancy on anti-HIV activity of cervicovaginal secretions.