Subject Areas on Research
- Analysis of a chalcone synthase mutant in Ipomoea purpurea reveals a novel function for flavonoids: amelioration of heat stress.
- Disruption of the expression of the proprotein convertase PC7 reduces BDNF production and affects learning and memory in mice.
- In vitro and in vivo inhibitory activities of rutin, wogonin, and quercetin on lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide and prostaglandin E(2) production.
- Isolation, structure determination, and anti-HIV evaluation of tigliane-type diterpenes and biflavonoid from Stellera chamaejasme.
- Modulation of glutamate and aspartate release from slices of hippocampal area CA1 by inhibitors of arachidonic acid metabolism.
- TrkB activation by 7, 8-dihydroxyflavone increases synapse AMPA subunits and ameliorates spatial memory deficits in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.
- Wogonin and fisetin induce apoptosis in human promyeloleukemic cells, accompanied by a decrease of reactive oxygen species, and activation of caspase 3 and Ca(2+)-dependent endonuclease.
- Wogonin and fisetin induction of apoptosis through activation of caspase 3 cascade and alternative expression of p21 protein in hepatocellular carcinoma cells SK-HEP-1.