Subject Areas on Research
- Development of the external genitalia: perspectives from the spotted hyena (Crocuta crocuta).
- Faunal assemblage composition and paleoenvironment of Plovers Lake, a Middle Stone Age locality in Gauteng Province, South Africa.
- Mammalian sexual differentiation: lessons from the spotted hyena.
- Phylogenetic comparisons implicate sex hormone-binding globulin in "masculinization" of the female spotted hyena (Crocuta crocuta).
- Scaling and mechanics of carnivoran footpads reveal the principles of footpad design.
- Spotted hyaenas and the sexual spectrum: reproductive endocrinology and development.
- The anti-androgen combination, flutamide plus finasteride, paradoxically suppressed LH and androgen concentrations in pregnant spotted hyenas, but not in males.