Subject Areas on Research
- APOL1: a case in point for replacing race with genetics.
- Alternate analysis strategies for retrospective assessment of outcomes with a male donor-only plasma policy.
- Assessing the safety and efficacy of a test-based, targeted donor screening strategy to minimize transfusion transmitted malaria.
- Babesia screening: the importance of reporting and calibration in cost-effectiveness models.
- Blood donor eligibility criteria for medical conditions: A BEST collaborative study.
- Coccidioidomycosis Transmission Through Organ Transplantation: A Report of the OPTN Ad Hoc Disease Transmission Advisory Committee.
- Custom, Contract, and Kidney Exchange
- Deceased donor multidrug resistance protein 1 and caveolin 1 gene variants may influence allograft survival in kidney transplantation.
- Decline of increased risk donor offers increases waitlist mortality in paediatric heart transplantation.
- Direct-Acting Antivirals and Organ Transplantation: Is There Anything We Can't Do?
- Domino liver transplantation in maple syrup urine disease: a case report and review of the literature.
- Donor Iron Deficiency Study (DIDS): protocol of a study to test whether iron deficiency in blood donors affects red blood cell recovery after transfusion.
- Donor and recipient age matching in heart transplantation: analysis of the UNOS Registry.
- Donor predictors of allograft use and recipient outcomes after heart transplantation.
- Donor-derived hepatitis C in the era of increasing intravenous drug use: A report of the Disease Transmission Advisory Committee.
- Donor-derived infections in solid organ transplant patients: toward a holistic approach.
- Donor-derived infections: Guidelines from the American Society of Transplantation Infectious Diseases Community of Practice.
- Donor-derived transmission events in 2013: a report of the Organ Procurement Transplant Network Ad Hoc Disease Transmission Advisory Committee.
- Dual Kidney Allocation Score: A Novel Algorithm Utilizing Expanded Donor Criteria for the Allocation of Dual Kidneys in Adults.
- Eighth Annual International Umbilical Cord Blood Transplantation Symposium, San Francisco, California, June 3-5, 2010.
- Electrocardiographic characteristics of potential organ donors and associations with cardiac allograft use.
- Endemic Fungal Infection Recommendations for Solid-Organ Transplant Recipients and Donors.
- Heart Transplantation Survival and the Use of Traumatically Brain-Injured Donors: UNOS Registry Propensity-Matched Analysis.
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Hepatitis B core antibody-positive donors in cardiac transplantation: a single-center experience.
- High clinical suspicion of donor-derived disease leads to timely recognition and early intervention to treat solid organ transplant-transmitted lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus.
- How do we manage blood donors and recipients after a positive Zika screening result?
- Impact of ABO compatibility on outcomes after heart transplantation in a national cohort during the past decade.
- Implications of declining donor offers with increased risk of disease transmission on waiting list survival in lung transplantation.
- Increasing the United States heart transplant donor pool with donation after circulatory death.
- Invited commentary.
- Late first acute rejection in pediatric kidney transplantation: A North American Pediatric Renal Trials and Collaborative Studies special study.
- Living donor liver transplantation.
- Marginal Donor Use in Patients Undergoing Heart Transplantation With Left Ventricular Assist Device Explantation.
- Mitigating the Impact of Using Female Donor Hearts in Male Recipients Using BMI Difference.
- Organ Donation After Circulatory Death in Greece: Time to Consider.
- Outcomes in kidney transplant recipients from older living donors.
- Pulmonary, gonadal, and central nervous system status after bone marrow transplantation for sickle cell disease.
- Reliability of echocardiographic measurements of left ventricular systolic function in potential pediatric heart transplant donors.
- Renal Transplantation with grafts affected by tumors: learning from a 'near miss' case.
- Renal cell carcinoma suspected at time of organ donation 2008-2016: A report of the OPTN ad hoc Disease Transmission Advisory Committee Registry.
- Role of coronary artery calcium score in identifying occult coronary artery disease in patients evaluated for deceased-donor liver transplant - a preliminary report.
- Screening of blood donors for sickle cell trait using a DNA-based approach: Frequency in a multiethnic donor population.
- Surgical considerations in lung transplantation: transplant operation and early postoperative management.
- Temporal Changes in the Impact of HLA Mismatching Among Pediatric Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- The "PHS Increased Risk" Label Is Associated With Nonutilization of Hundreds of Organs per Year.
- The Future of heart procurement with donation after circulatory death: Current practice and opportunities for advancement.
- The TALKS study to improve communication, logistical, and financial barriers to live donor kidney transplantation in African Americans: protocol of a randomized clinical trial.
- The Virtual Crossmatch: An Essential Tool for Transplanting Sensitized Patients.
- The impact of donor-recipient sex matching on survival after orthotopic heart transplantation: analysis of 18 000 transplants in the modern era.
- The integration of high-throughput testing of blood donors for cardiovascular disease risk assessment and prevention.
- The trade-off of using positive-smoking donor lungs.
- Therapeutic apheresis in kidney transplantation: a review of renal transplant immunobiology and current interventions with apheresis medicine.
- Third-party reproduction in the Internet Age: the new, patient-centered landscape.
- Transfusion-transmitted babesiosis: achieving successful mitigation while balancing cost and donor loss.
- Transplanting a heart with a persistent left superior vena cava.
- Trends and outcomes of cardiac transplantation from donors dying of drug intoxication.
- Untying the Gordian knot: policies, practices, and ethical issues related to banking of umbilical cord blood.
- Variability in donor organ offer acceptance and lung transplantation survival.
- Zika virus and its implications on cord blood banking and transplantation.