Subject Areas on Research
- Behavioral and physiological significance of minimum resting metabolic rate in king penguins.
- Heart rate and energetics of free-ranging king penguins (Aptenodytes patagonicus).
- How accurately can we estimate energetic costs in a marine top predator, the king penguin?
- Metabolism and thermoregulation during fasting in king penguins, Aptenodytes patagonicus, in air and water.
- Modeling the marine resources consumed in raising a king penguin chick: an energetics approach.
- Onshore energetics in penguins: theory, estimation and ecological implications.
- Recovery from swimming-induced hypothermia in king penguins: effects of nutritional condition.
- To what extent might N2 limit dive performance in king penguins?