Estrogen Receptor alpha
Subject Areas on Research
- 3,3'-Disubstituted bipolar biphenyls as inhibitors of nuclear receptor coactivator binding.
- A negative coregulator for the human ER.
- A role for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator-1 in the control of mitochondrial dynamics during postnatal cardiac growth.
- Activity of a Py-Im polyamide targeted to the estrogen response element.
- Allosteric regulation of estrogen receptor structure, function, and coactivator recruitment by different estrogen response elements.
- Application of random peptide phage display to the study of nuclear hormone receptors.
- Association of genetic polymorphisms of ER-alpha and the estradiol-synthesizing enzyme genes CYP17 and CYP19 with breast cancer risk in Chinese women.
- Atenolol induced HDL-C change in the pharmacogenomic evaluation of antihypertensive responses (PEAR) study.
- Bazedoxifene exhibits antiestrogenic activity in animal models of tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer: implications for treatment of advanced disease.
- Biological and biochemical consequences of global deletion of exon 3 from the ER alpha gene.
- Biological assessment of bisphenol A degradation in water following direct photolysis and UV advanced oxidation.
- Bisphenol A activates EGFR and ERK promoting proliferation, tumor spheroid formation and resistance to EGFR pathway inhibition in estrogen receptor-negative inflammatory breast cancer cells.
- Bisphenol A affects androgen receptor function via multiple mechanisms.
- Bisphenol A exposure alters developmental gene expression in the fetal rhesus macaque uterus.
- Bisphenol A interacts with the estrogen receptor alpha in a distinct manner from estradiol.
- Chemoprevention of NMU-induced rat mammary carcinoma with the combination of melatonin and 9-cis-retinoic acid.
- Circulating Biomarkers and Resistance to Endocrine Therapy in Metastatic Breast Cancers: Correlative Results from AZD9496 Oral SERD Phase I Trial.
- Circumventing tamoxifen resistance in breast cancers using antiestrogens that induce unique conformational changes in the estrogen receptor.
- Coactivator AIB1 links estrogen receptor transcriptional activity and stability.
- Common estrogen receptor polymorphism augments effects of hormone replacement therapy on E-selectin but not C-reactive protein.
- Comparative analyses of mechanistic differences among antiestrogens.
- Complexity in endometrial estradiol signaling.
- Connections and regulation of the human estrogen receptor.
- Constitutively active ESR1 mutations in gynecologic malignancies and clinical response to estrogen-receptor directed therapies.
- Coregulators in nuclear estrogen receptor action: from concept to therapeutic targeting.
- DNA Sequence Constraints Define Functionally Active Steroid Nuclear Receptor Binding Sites in Chromatin.
- Defects of prostate development and reproductive system in the estrogen receptor-alpha null male mice.
- Definition of functionally important mechanistic differences among selective estrogen receptor down-regulators.
- Delineation of a FOXA1/ERα/AGR2 regulatory loop that is dysregulated in endocrine therapy-resistant breast cancer.
- Designer monotransregulators provide a basis for a transcriptional therapy for de novo endocrine-resistant breast cancer.
- Development of peptide antagonists that target estrogen receptor beta-coactivator interactions.
- Differential interaction of the methoxychlor metabolite 2,2-bis-(p-hydroxyphenyl)-1,1,1-trichloroethane with estrogen receptors alpha and beta.
- Differential recruitment of co-regulatory proteins to the human estrogen receptor 1 in response to xenoestrogens.
- Differential regulation of estrogen receptor alpha, glucocorticoid receptor and retinoic acid receptor alpha transcriptional activity by melatonin is mediated via different G proteins.
- Discovery of LSZ102, a Potent, Orally Bioavailable Selective Estrogen Receptor Degrader (SERD) for the Treatment of Estrogen Receptor Positive Breast Cancer.
- Discovery of Selective Estrogen Receptor Covalent Antagonists for the Treatment of ERαWT and ERαMUT Breast Cancer.
- Discovery of an Acrylic Acid Based Tetrahydroisoquinoline as an Orally Bioavailable Selective Estrogen Receptor Degrader for ERα+ Breast Cancer.
- Dissection of the LXXLL nuclear receptor-coactivator interaction motif using combinatorial peptide libraries: discovery of peptide antagonists of estrogen receptors alpha and beta.
- Distinct function of estrogen receptor α in smooth muscle and fibroblast cells in prostate development.
- Distinct properties of cell-type-specific and shared transcription factor binding sites.
- Dynamic shuttling and intranuclear mobility of nuclear hormone receptors.
- Dysregulation of ectonucleotidase-mediated extracellular adenosine during postmenopausal bone loss.
- ERAP75 functions as a coactivator to enhance estrogen receptor alpha transactivation in prostate stromal cells.
- ERα PvuII and XbaI polymorphisms in postmenopausal women with posterior tibial tendon dysfunction: a case control study.
- ERα Signaling Increased IL-17A Production in Th17 Cells by Upregulating IL-23R Expression, Mitochondrial Respiration, and Proliferation.
- ESR1 promoter hypermethylation does not predict atypia in RPFNA nor persistent atypia after 12 months tamoxifen chemoprevention.
- ESR1/SYNE1 polymorphism and invasive epithelial ovarian cancer risk: an Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium study.
- Early Endometriosis in Females Is Directed by Immune-Mediated Estrogen Receptor α and IL-6 Cross-Talk.
- Efficacy of SERD/SERM Hybrid-CDK4/6 Inhibitor Combinations in Models of Endocrine Therapy-Resistant Breast Cancer.
- Epistasis between polymorphisms in COMT, ESR1, and GCH1 influences COMT enzyme activity and pain.
- Estradiol replacement enhances cocaine-stimulated locomotion in female C57BL/6 mice through estrogen receptor alpha.
- Estrogen Receptor Signaling in the Immune System.
- Estrogen mediates neuroprotection and anti-inflammatory effects during EAE through ERα signaling on astrocytes but not through ERβ signaling on astrocytes or neurons.
- Estrogen protects against intracranial aneurysm rupture in ovariectomized mice.
- Estrogen receptor (ER) modulators each induce distinct conformational changes in ER alpha and ER beta.
- Estrogen receptor alpha (ESR1) mutant A908G is not a common feature in benign and malignant proliferations of the breast.
- Estrogen receptor-alpha (ER-alpha) and defects in uterine receptivity in women.
- Estrogen receptor-beta expression in extraabdominal fibromatoses: an analysis of 40 cases.
- Estrogen receptor-beta mediates male-female differences in the development of pressure overload hypertrophy.
- Estrogen-mediated epigenetic repression of large chromosomal regions through DNA looping.
- Estrogen-related receptor alpha induces the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in breast cancer cells.
- Estrogen-related receptor alpha is critical for the growth of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer.
- Evaluation of the pharmacological activities of RAD1901, a selective estrogen receptor degrader.
- Exemestane's 17-hydroxylated metabolite exerts biological effects as an androgen.
- Expression of functional estrogen receptor beta in locus coeruleus-derived Cath.a cells.
- Expression of mitochondrial membrane-linked SAB determines severity of sex-dependent acute liver injury.
- From empirical to mechanism-based discovery of clinically useful Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs).
- Generation and characterization of a complete null estrogen receptor alpha mouse using Cre/LoxP technology.
- Genetic and non-genetic factors associated with the phenotype of exceptional longevity & normal cognition.
- Genistein and bisphenol A exposure cause estrogen receptor 1 to bind thousands of sites in a cell type-specific manner.
- Hormone control and expression of androgen receptor coregulator MAGE-11 in human endometrium during the window of receptivity to embryo implantation.
- Hormone signaling and fatty liver in females: analysis of estrogen receptor α mutant mice.
- Human Genetic Variability Contributes to Postoperative Morphine Consumption.
- IL-23/IL-17A/TRPV1 axis produces mechanical pain via macrophage-sensory neuron crosstalk in female mice.
- Identification of a negative regulatory surface within estrogen receptor alpha provides evidence in support of a role for corepressors in regulating cellular responses to agonists and antagonists.
- Inhibition of Neu-induced mammary carcinogenesis in transgenic mice expressing ERΔ3, a dominant negative estrogen receptor α variant.
- Inhibition of estrogen signaling in myeloid cells increases tumor immunity in melanoma.
- Interaction of estrogen receptor alpha with protein kinase C alpha and c-Src in osteoblasts during differentiation.
- Interaction of methoxychlor and related compounds with estrogen receptor alpha and beta, and androgen receptor: structure-activity studies.
- Lactoferrin gene expression is estrogen responsive in human and rhesus monkey endometrium.
- Large, Non-Cavity Distorting Intramural Leiomyomas Decrease Leukemia Inhibitory Factor in the Secretory Phase Endometrium.
- Ligand-selective interactions of ER detected in living cells by fluorescence resonance energy transfer.
- Loss of epithelial oestrogen receptor α inhibits oestrogen-stimulated prostate proliferation and squamous metaplasia via in vivo tissue selective knockout models.
- Lysine-specific histone demethylase 1 inhibitors control breast cancer proliferation in ERα-dependent and -independent manners.
- Melatonin inhibits estrogen receptor transactivation and cAMP levels in breast cancer cells.
- Mining the complexities of the estrogen signaling pathways for novel therapeutics.
- Mitofusins 1/2 and ERRalpha expression are increased in human skeletal muscle after physical exercise.
- Modulation of estrogen receptor-alpha transcriptional activity by the coactivator PGC-1.
- Molecular mechanisms of development of the human fetal female reproductive tract.
- Neomorphic ERα Mutations Drive Progression in Breast Cancer and Present a Challenge for New Drug Discovery.
- Neuroendocrine gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Neuroprotection mediated through estrogen receptor-alpha in astrocytes.
- Next-Generation Endocrine Therapies for Breast Cancer.
- Oral Selective Estrogen Receptor Downregulators (SERDs), a Breakthrough Endocrine Therapy for Breast Cancer.
- Peptide antagonists of the human estrogen receptor.
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic analysis of fulvestrant in preclinical models of breast cancer to assess the importance of its estrogen receptor-α degrader activity in antitumor efficacy.
- Prediagnostic Smoking Is Associated with Binary and Quantitative Measures of ER Protein and ESR1 mRNA Expression in Breast Tumors.
- Pregnancy and Smoothelin-like Protein 1 (SMTNL1) Deletion Promote the Switching of Skeletal Muscle to a Glycolytic Phenotype in Human and Mice.
- Prevention of the polycystic ovarian phenotype and characterization of ovulatory capacity in the estrogen receptor-alpha knockout mouse.
- Prostate-derived Ets factor, an oncogenic driver in breast cancer.
- Radiation-associated breast cancer and gonadal hormone exposure: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
- Re: KAI1/CD82 is a novel target of estrogen receptor-mediated gene repression and downregulated in primary human breast cancer (Int J Cancer 123: 2239-2246, 2008).
- Reduced prostate branching morphogenesis in stromal fibroblast, but not in epithelial, estrogen receptor α knockout mice.
- Regression of NMU-induced mammary tumors with the combination of melatonin and 9-cis-retinoic acid.
- Regulation of estrogen receptors and MMP-2 expression by estrogens in human retinal pigment epithelium.
- Requirement of estrogen receptor alpha DNA-binding domain for HPV oncogene-induced cervical carcinogenesis in mice.
- Resveratrol and endometrium: a closer look at an active ingredient of red wine using in vivo and in vitro models.
- Risk factors for breast cancer characterized by the estrogen receptor alpha A908G (K303R) mutation.
- Roles of estrogen in the formation of intracranial aneurysms in ovariectomized female mice.
- Steroid induction of therapy-resistant cytokeratin-5-positive cells in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer through a BCL6-dependent mechanism.
- Structural basis for an unexpected mode of SERM-mediated ER antagonism.
- Structural insights into corepressor recognition by antagonist-bound estrogen receptors.
- Structure-guided synthesis of tamoxifen analogs with improved selectivity for the orphan ERRgamma.
- Subglutinol A, an immunosuppressive α-pyrone diterpenoid from Fusarium subglutinans, acts as an estrogen receptor antagonist.
- Subtype specific estrogen receptor action protects against changes in MMP-2 activation in mouse retinal pigmented epithelial cells.
- Targeted disruption of the estrogen receptor-alpha gene in female mice: characterization of ovarian responses and phenotype in the adult.
- Temporally distinct and ligand-specific recruitment of nuclear receptor-interacting peptides and cofactors to subnuclear domains containing the estrogen receptor.
- The Dysregulated Pharmacology of Clinically Relevant ESR1 Mutants is Normalized by Ligand-activated WT Receptor.
- The Estrogen Receptor α Cistrome in Human Endometrium and Epithelial Organoids.
- The G protein-coupled receptor GPR30 inhibits proliferation of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells.
- The Lineage Determining Factor GRHL2 Collaborates with FOXA1 to Establish a Targetable Pathway in Endocrine Therapy-Resistant Breast Cancer.
- The bi-modal effects of estradiol on gonadotropin synthesis and secretion in female mice are dependent on estrogen receptor-alpha.
- The estrogen receptor as a mediator of the pathological actions of cholesterol in breast cancer.
- The estrogen receptor beta-isoform (ERbeta) of the human estrogen receptor modulates ERalpha transcriptional activity and is a key regulator of the cellular response to estrogens and antiestrogens.
- The estrogen receptor-alpha A908G (K303R) mutation occurs at a low frequency in invasive breast tumors: results from a population-based study.
- The human estrogen receptor-alpha is a ubiquitinated protein whose stability is affected differentially by agonists, antagonists, and selective estrogen receptor modulators.
- The turnover of estrogen receptor α by the selective estrogen receptor degrader (SERD) fulvestrant is a saturable process that is not required for antagonist efficacy.
- Tissue interactions and estrogenic response during human female fetal reproductive tract development.
- Toxicology of environmental estrogens.
- Tumor Cell-Independent Estrogen Signaling Drives Disease Progression through Mobilization of Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells.
Keywords of People
- Berchuck, Andrew, James M. Ingram Distinguished Professor of Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
- McDonnell, Donald Patrick, Glaxo-Wellcome Distinguished Professor of Molecular Cancer Biology, in the School of Medicine, Cell Biology
- Moorman, Patricia Gripka, Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine and Community Health, Duke Cancer Institute