Subject Areas on Research
- 2012 ACCF/AHA/ACR/SCAI/SIR/STS/SVM/SVN/SVS key data elements and definitions for peripheral atherosclerotic vascular disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Data Standards (Writing Committee to Develop Clinical Data Standards for Peripheral Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease).
- A Cluster Analysis of the Japanese Multicenter Outpatient Registry of Patients With Atrial Fibrillation.
- A combined clinical and biomarker approach to predict diuretic response in acute heart failure.
- A genome-wide trans-ethnic interaction study links the PIGR-FCAMR locus to coronary atherosclerosis via interactions between genetic variants and residential exposure to traffic.
- A macrophage-specific lncRNA regulates apoptosis and atherosclerosis by tethering HuR in the nucleus.
- A role of matrix metalloproteinase-8 in atherosclerosis.
- A systems biology perspective on sVEGFR1: its biological function, pathogenic role and therapeutic use.
- ACP Journal Club. ACC/AHA Pooled Cohort Risk Equations predicted 5-y risk for CV events in adults considered for statin initiation.
- ANGPTL3 Deficiency and Protection Against Coronary Artery Disease.
- ATM-dependent suppression of stress signaling reduces vascular disease in metabolic syndrome.
- Acoustic radiation force impulse imaging for noninvasive characterization of carotid artery atherosclerotic plaques: a feasibility study
- Addressing the Conundrum of Bleeding and Cancer Detection With Antithrombotic Therapies for Chronic Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.
- Adherence to secondary prevention medications and four-year outcomes in outpatients with atherosclerosis.
- Adiposity and Incident Heart Failure and its Subtypes: MESA (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis).
- Admixture mapping scans identify a locus affecting retinal vascular caliber in hypertensive African Americans: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.
- Advanced glycation end-product of low density lipoprotein activates the toll-like 4 receptor pathway implications for diabetic atherosclerosis.
- Affective brain patterns as multivariate neural correlates of cardiovascular disease risk.
- Age-related macular degeneration and cancer mortality in the atherosclerosis risk in communities study.
- Age-related macular degeneration and incident cardiovascular disease: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Age-related macular degeneration and progression of coronary artery calcium: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Aging-related atherosclerosis is exacerbated by arterial expression of tumor necrosis factor receptor-1: evidence from mouse models and human association studies.
- Air Pollution and the microvasculature: a cross-sectional assessment of in vivo retinal images in the population-based multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA).
- An inflammatory pathway links atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk to neural activity evoked by the cognitive regulation of emotion.
- Angiopoietin-1 promotes atherosclerosis by increasing the proportion of circulating Gr1+ monocytes.
- Angiopoietin-2 confers Atheroprotection in apoE-/- mice by inhibiting LDL oxidation via nitric oxide.
- Angiotensin II synergizes with BAFF to promote atheroprotective regulatory B cells.
- Angiotensin type 2 receptor is expressed in murine atherosclerotic lesions and modulates lesion evolution.
- Anti-phosphorylcholine-opsonized low-density lipoprotein promotes rapid production of proinflammatory cytokines by dendritic cells and natural killer cells.
- Anticoagulation dosing in atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease: Is less more?
- Antiinflammatory Therapy with Canakinumab for Atherosclerotic Disease.
- Aortic arch atheroma progression and recurrent vascular events in patients with stroke or transient ischemic attack.
- Aortic distensibility and retinal arteriolar narrowing: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Apolipoprotein B, Residual Cardiovascular Risk After Acute Coronary Syndrome, and Effects of Alirocumab.
- Apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms are not associated with diabetic retinopathy: the atherosclerosis risk in communities study.
- Apolipoprotein E knock-out and knock-in mice: atherosclerosis, metabolic syndrome, and beyond.
- Apolipoprotein E4 exaggerates diabetic dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis in mice lacking the LDL receptor.
- Arsenic Exposure, Blood DNA Methylation, and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Association Between Blood Pressure Classification Using the 2017 ACC/AHA Blood Pressure Guideline and Retinal Atherosclerosis.
- Association Between Long-Term Blood Pressure Variability and 10-Year Progression in Arterial Stiffness: The Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Association Between Sitagliptin Use and Heart Failure Hospitalization and Related Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Association between frequency of primary care provider visits and evidence-based statin prescribing and statin adherence: Findings from the Veterans Affairs system.
- Association between physical activity and retinal microvascular signs: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study.
- Association between sleep disordered breathing and epigenetic age acceleration: Evidence from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Association of Apolipoprotein B-Containing Lipoproteins and Risk of Myocardial Infarction in Individuals With and Without Atherosclerosis: Distinguishing Between Particle Concentration, Type, and Content.
- Association of Coronary Artery Calcium Score vs Age With Cardiovascular Risk in Older Adults: An Analysis of Pooled Population-Based Studies.
- Association of obesity with cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease: Insights from TECOS.
- Association of systemic lupus erythematosus with angiographically defined coronary artery disease: a retrospective cohort study.
- Association of the Novel Inflammatory Marker GlycA and Incident Heart Failure and Its Subtypes of Preserved and Reduced Ejection Fraction: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Associations between β-blocker therapy and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with diabetes and established cardiovascular disease.
- Associations of aortic distensibility and arterial elasticity with long-term visit-to-visit blood pressure variability: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Associations of candidate genes to age-related macular degeneration among racial/ethnic groups in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Associations of cardiovascular risk factors, carotid intima-media thickness and left ventricular mass with inter-adventitial diameters of the common carotid artery: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Associations of cortisol/testosterone and cortisol/sex hormone-binding globulin ratios with atherosclerosis in middle-age women.
- Associations of edge-detected and manual-traced common carotid intima-media thickness measurements with Framingham risk factors: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Associations of socioeconomic status and processed food intake with serum phosphorus concentration in community-living adults: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- AtheroSpectrum Reveals Novel Macrophage Foam Cell Gene Signatures Associated With Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Risk.
- Atherogenic Lipoprotein Determinants of Cardiovascular Disease and Residual Risk Among Individuals With Low Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol.
- Atherogenic lipoprotein parameters in patients with aggressive periodontitis.
- Atheromatous disease of the aorta and perioperative stroke.
- Atherosclerosis 2005: recent discoveries and novel hypotheses.
- Atherosclerosis, dementia, and Alzheimer disease in the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging cohort.
- Atherosclerosis: Recent trials, new targets and future directions.
- Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in South Asians in the United States: Epidemiology, Risk Factors, and Treatments: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
- Atherosclerotic Peripheral Vascular Disease Symposium II: vascular magnetic resonance and computed tomographic imaging.
- Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and heart failure: Determinants of risk and outcomes in patients with diabetes.
- Atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis in the post-CORAL era part 1: the renal penumbra concept and next-generation functional diagnostic imaging.
- Atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis in the post-CORAL era part 2: new directions in Transcatheter Nephron Salvage following flawed revascularization trials.
- Automated tracing of the adventitial contour of aortoiliac and peripheral arterial walls in CT angiography (CTA) to allow calculation of non-calcified plaque burden.
- Autophagy links inflammasomes to atherosclerotic progression.
- B cell depletion reduces the development of atherosclerosis in mice.
- Benchmarking association analyses of continuous exposures with RNA-seq in observational studies.
- Bending the Cardiovascular Event Curve by Evaluating the Potential Impact of Achieving Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Goal Across a Large Health System Among Secondary Prevention Patients.
- Beta-arrestins regulate atherosclerosis and neointimal hyperplasia by controlling smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration.
- Biology of vascular calcification in renal disease.
- Biomarkers of Mineral and Bone Metabolism and 20-Year Risk of Hospitalization With Infection: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Birth weight is not related to risk of diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetes: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Blood monocyte transcriptome and epigenome analyses reveal loci associated with human atherosclerosis.
- Branched-Chain Amino Acids and Insulin Metabolism: The Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Study (IRAS).
- CX3CR1 deficiency impairs dendritic cell accumulation in arterial intima and reduces atherosclerotic burden.
- Cardiac transplantation at Duke University Medical Center.
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention: Risk Assessment.
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk Among Cancer Survivors: The Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) Study.
- Cardiovascular event rates in diabetic and nondiabetic individuals with and without established atherothrombosis (from the REduction of Atherothrombosis for Continued Health [REACH] Registry).
- Cardiovascular risk factor profiles in familial hypercholesterolemia patients with and without genetic mutation compared to a nationally representative sample of adults in a high-risk European country.
- Cardiovascular screening in asymptomatic adults: lessons for the diving world.
- Carotid intima-media thickness progression and risk of vascular events in people with diabetes: results from the PROG-IMT collaboration.
- Catastrophic stroke burden in a patient with uncontrolled psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: a case report.
- Causes of Death in a Contemporary Cohort of Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: Insights From the TECOS Trial.
- Cell therapy in murine atherosclerosis: in vivo imaging with high-resolution helical SPECT.
- Cerebellum as the normal reference for the detection of increased cerebral oxygen extraction.
- Cerebrovascular risk factors, vascular disease, and neuropsychological outcomes in adults with major depression.
- Changes in abdominal obesity and age-related macular degeneration: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Cholesterol-induced macrophage apoptosis requires ER stress pathways and engagement of the type A scavenger receptor.
- Circular RNA circEsyt2 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell remodeling via splicing regulation.
- Classification of Atherosclerotic Rabbit Aorta Samples with an Infrared Attenuated Total Reflection Catheter and Multivariate Data Analysis
- Combination antithrombotic therapies.
- Combination lipid therapy: could teamwork make the dream work?
- Common carotid artery intima-media thickness progression as a predictor of stroke in multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Common variants in the periostin gene influence development of atherosclerosis in young persons.
- Comparative Effectiveness of Aspirin Dosing in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Comparative determinants of 4-year cardiovascular event rates in stable outpatients at risk of or with atherothrombosis.
- Comparison of clinical trial outcome patterns in patients following acute coronary syndromes and in patients with chronic stable atherosclerosis.
- Concentration of Lp(a) (Lipoprotein[a]) in Aneurysm Sac Is Associated With Wall Enhancement of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysm.
- Contemporary Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia in the United States: Insights From the CASCADE FH Registry.
- Coordinated Care to Optimize Cardiovascular Preventive Therapies in Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Coronary artery disease is associated with Alzheimer disease neuropathology in APOE4 carriers.
- Cross-sectional and prospective study of lung function in adults with type 2 diabetes: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.
- DNA Methylation of the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Repressor Associations With Cigarette Smoking and Subclinical Atherosclerosis.
- DNA-based animal models of human disease: from genotype to phenotype.
- Deficiency of MMP1a (Matrix Metalloprotease 1a) Collagenase Suppresses Development of Atherosclerosis in Mice: Translational Implications for Human Coronary Artery Disease.
- Deletion of p47phox attenuates angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysm formation in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice.
- Determining When to Add Nonstatin Therapy: A Quantitative Approach.
- Development and evaluation of a genetic risk score for obesity.
- Development and validation of a model to predict cardiovascular death, nonfatal myocardial infarction, or nonfatal stroke in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and established atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Differentially conserved transcriptomic response to adversity related to self-rated health in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Diuretic response in acute heart failure: clinical characteristics and prognostic significance.
- Does the clinical examination predict lower extremity peripheral arterial disease?
- Drebrin attenuates atherosclerosis by limiting smooth muscle cell transdifferentiation.
- Dual Antiplatelet Therapy Cessation and Adverse Events After Drug-Eluting Stent Implantation in Patients at High Risk for Atherothrombosis (from the PARIS Registry).
- Dual-energy computed tomography imaging of atherosclerotic plaques in a mouse model using a liposomal-iodine nanoparticle contrast agent.
- Duplication of the internal carotid artery presenting with severe atherosclerotic stenosis.
- Early atherosclerosis is associated with retinal microvascular changes in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Effect of disodium EDTA chelation regimen on cardiovascular events in patients with previous myocardial infarction: the TACT randomized trial.
- Effect of hypercholesterolemia on transendothelial EBD-albumin permeability and lipid accumulation in porcine iliac arteries.
- Effect of interleukin-1β inhibition with canakinumab on incident lung cancer in patients with atherosclerosis: exploratory results from a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Effect of statin therapy on muscle symptoms: an individual participant data meta-analysis of large-scale, randomised, double-blind trials.
- Effects of Anacetrapib in Patients with Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease.
- Effects of combination lipid therapy on coronary stenosis progression and clinical cardiovascular events in coronary disease patients with metabolic syndrome: a combined analysis of the Familial Atherosclerosis Treatment Study (FATS), the HDL-Atherosclerosis Treatment Study (HATS), and the Armed Forces Regression Study (AFREGS).
- Effects of simvastatin on retinal structure and function of a high-fat atherogenic mouse model of thickened Bruch's membrane.
- Elevated resistin levels induce central leptin resistance and increased atherosclerotic progression in mice.
- Elevations in neutrophils with obstructive sleep apnea: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Emulating Early Atherosclerosis in a Vascular Microphysiological System Using Branched Tissue-Engineered Blood Vessels.
- Endothelial dysfunction and the risk of hypertension: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Endothelial dysfunction in chronic inflammatory diseases.
- Endothelial progenitor cell therapy for atherosclerosis: the philosopher's stone for an aging population?
- Endothelial progenitor cells: markers of vascular reparative capacity.
- Epigenetic regulation of COL15A1 in smooth muscle cell replicative aging and atherosclerosis.
- Epigenetically mediated electrocardiographic manifestations of sub-chronic exposures to ambient particulate matter air pollution in the Women's Health Initiative and Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Epigenome-wide analysis of long-term air pollution exposure and DNA methylation in monocytes: results from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Epigenome-wide association analysis of daytime sleepiness in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis reveals African-American-specific associations.
- Eradicating Atherosclerosis: Should We Start Statins at Younger Ages and at Lower LDL-Cs.
- Eradicating the Burden of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease by Lowering Apolipoprotein B Lipoproteins Earlier in Life.
- Estimation of Risk for Initial Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Events: Taking Stock and Moving Forward.
- Estimation of the transverse strain tensor in the arterial wall using ivus image registration
- Ethical and policy issues relating to progenitor-cell-based strategies for prevention of atherosclerosis.
- Evaluating the association of social needs assessment data with cardiometabolic health status in a federally qualified community health center patient population.
- Evaluation of Aspirin and Statin Therapy Use and Adherence in Patients With Premature Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.
- Evaluation of Factors Underlying Sex-Based Disparities in Cardiovascular Care in Adults With Self-reported Premature Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.
- Evaluation of Mortality Data From the Social Security Administration Death Master File for Clinical Research.
- Evaluation of potential antiplatelet effects of CSL112 (Apolipoprotein A-I [Human]) in patients with atherosclerosis: results from a phase 2a study.
- Evolocumab and Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease.
- Evolving Role of Calcium Density in Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring and Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Risk.
- Expression of linear and novel circular forms of an INK4/ARF-associated non-coding RNA correlates with atherosclerosis risk.
- Expression of socially sensitive genes: The multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Expression of tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 in arterial wall cells promotes atherosclerosis.
- Extended-release niacin therapy and risk of ischemic stroke in patients with cardiovascular disease: the Atherothrombosis Intervention in Metabolic Syndrome with low HDL/High Triglycerides: Impact on Global Health Outcome (AIM-HIGH) trial.
- Extracranial-intracranial bypass for ischemic cerebrovascular disease: what have we learned from the Carotid Occlusion Surgery Study?
- Falls, Subclinical Cardiovascular Disease, and a Nonagenarian's Sage Advice.
- Farnesoid-X Receptor (FXR) as a Promising Pharmaceutical Target in Atherosclerosis.
- Fibroblast growth factor-23 and cardiovascular events in CKD.
- Financial Hardship From Medical Bills Among Nonelderly U.S. Adults With Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.
- Fine mapping of a linkage peak with integration of lipid traits identifies novel coronary artery disease genes on chromosome 5.
- Flow-Dependent Epigenetic DNA Methylation in Endothelial Gene Expression and Atherosclerosis.
- Flow-dependent epigenetic DNA methylation regulates endothelial gene expression and atherosclerosis
- From the editor: A run of success in treating atherosclerotic vascular disease.
- From the editor: Atherosclerosis in different flavors.
- From the editor: Homeward bound?
- From the editor: Lessons from the East.
- From the editor: O Canada! A tariff-free zone for scientific exchange.
- Frontiers in cardiovascular magnetic resonance.
- G protein-coupled receptor kinase-5 attenuates atherosclerosis by regulating receptor tyrosine kinases and 7-transmembrane receptors.
- GLP-1 receptor activation indirectly reduces hepatic lipid accumulation but does not attenuate development of atherosclerosis in diabetic male ApoE(-/-) mice.
- Gender differences in the relationships among obesity, adiponectin and brachial artery distensibility in adolescents and young adults.
- Gene by stress genome-wide interaction analysis and path analysis identify EBF1 as a cardiovascular and metabolic risk gene.
- Gene expression associations with body mass index in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Genetic Investigation Into the Differential Risk of Atrial Fibrillation Among Black and White Individuals.
- Genetic and Pharmacologic Inactivation of ANGPTL3 and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Genetic effects in the leukotriene biosynthesis pathway and association with atherosclerosis.
- Genetic variation associated with circulating monocyte count in the eMERGE Network.
- Genome-wide association of pericardial fat identifies a unique locus for ectopic fat.
- Genome-wide association study on progression of carotid artery intima media thickness over 10 years in a Chinese cohort.
- Genome-wide association study validation identifies novel loci for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Genome-wide meta-analysis of observational studies shows common genetic variants associated with macronutrient intake.
- Genomic modeling of atherosclerosis in peripheral arterial disease and its variant phenotype in patients with diabetes.
- Global burden of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in people with hepatitis C virus infection: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and modelling study.
- Glutathione peroxidase-deficient smooth muscle cells cause paracrine activation of normal smooth muscle cells via cyclophilin A.
- Glycated hemoglobin and the risk of kidney disease and retinopathy in adults with and without diabetes.
- Growth differentiation factor 15 and cardiovascular risk: individual patient meta-analysis.
- Guidelines for the performance of a comprehensive intraoperative epiaortic ultrasonographic examination: recommendations of the American Society of Echocardiography and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists; endorsed by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- HbA 1c as a risk factor for heart failure in persons with diabetes: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.
- Heparin cofactor II in atherosclerotic lesions from the Pathobiological Determinants of Atherosclerosis in Youth (PDAY) study.
- Hepatocyte Growth Factor and Incident Heart Failure Subtypes: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- High platelet reactivity to multiple agonists during aspirin and clopidogrel treatment is indicative of a global hyperreactive platelet phenotype.
- High-Deductible Insurance and Delay in Care for the Macrovascular Complications of Diabetes.
- High-Intensity Statin Use Among Patients With Atherosclerosis in the U.S.
- Highlights in ASCVD Primary Prevention for 2021.
- How asymptomatic is asymptomatic carotid stenosis?
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infects human arterial smooth muscle cells in vivo and in vitro: implications for the pathogenesis of HIV-mediated vascular disease.
- Hypertension among adults enrolled in HIV care in northern Tanzania: comorbidities, cardiovascular risk, and knowledge, attitudes and practices.
- Identification of IgG1 isotype phosphorylcholine antibodies for the treatment of inflammatory cardiovascular diseases.
- Impact of Aortic Atherosclerosis Burden on Outcomes of Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement.
- Impact of Diabetes Mellitus on Hospitalization for Heart Failure, Cardiovascular Events, and Death: Outcomes at 4 Years From the Reduction of Atherothrombosis for Continued Health (REACH) Registry.
- Improving patient risk communication: Translating cardiovascular risk into standardized risk percentiles.
- In ASCVD, moderate-intensity statin + ezetimibe was noninferior to high-intensity statin alone at 3 y.
- In Situ Venous Bypass for Chronic Hand Ischemia: A Review of 25 Cases in 23 Patients.
- In vivo differences between endothelial transcriptional profiles of coronary and iliac arteries revealed by microarray analysis
- Incidence of Age-Related Macular Degeneration in a Multi-Ethnic United States Population: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Incidence of postoperative stroke using the Heartstring device in 1,380 coronary artery bypass graft patients with mild to severe atherosclerosis of the ascending aorta.
- Increased Concentrations of Atherogenic Proteins in Aneurysm Sac Are Associated with Wall Enhancement of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysm.
- Increased epidermal growth factor-like ligands are associated with elevated vascular nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase in a primate model of atherosclerosis.
- Increased plasma oxidized phospholipid:apolipoprotein B-100 ratio with concomitant depletion of oxidized phospholipids from atherosclerotic lesions after dietary lipid-lowering: a potential biomarker of early atherosclerosis regression.
- Inflammation, complement factor h, and age-related macular degeneration: the Multi-ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Inflammatory markers and extent and progression of early atherosclerosis: Meta-analysis of individual-participant-data from 20 prospective studies of the PROG-IMT collaboration.
- Inflammatory, hemostatic, and other novel biomarkers for diabetic retinopathy: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Infrainguinal arterial intervention: is there a role for an atherectomy device?
- Infusion of Reconstituted High-Density Lipoprotein, CSL112, in Patients With Atherosclerosis: Safety and Pharmacokinetic Results From a Phase 2a Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Inhibition of NADPH oxidase by apocynin attenuates progression of atherosclerosis.
- International prevalence, recognition, and treatment of cardiovascular risk factors in outpatients with atherothrombosis.
- Is early age-related macular degeneration related to carotid artery stiffness? The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Is nuclear magnetic resonance lipoprotein subclass related to diabetic retinopathy? The multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Ischemia With Nonobstructive Coronary Arteries: Insights From the ISCHEMIA Trial.
- JCL Roundtable: Global Think Tank on Lipoprotein(a).
- JCL roundtable-Lipoprotein(a): The emerging risk factor.
- JCL roundtable: Healthy ethnic diets.
- JCL roundtable: High-density lipoprotein function and reverse cholesterol transport.
- JCL roundtable: Lipid treatment targets.
- JCL roundtable: Lipids and inflammation in atherosclerosis.
- JCL roundtable: Omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular outcomes.
- JCL roundtable: South Asian atherosclerotic risk.
- KCNJ11 variants and their effect on the association between serum potassium and diabetes risk in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study and Jackson Heart Study (JHS) cohorts.
- Kruppel-like factor 15 is critical for vascular inflammation.
- Leukocyte Traits and Exposure to Ambient Particulate Matter Air Pollution in the Women's Health Initiative and Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Life course socioeconomic status and DNA methylation in genes related to stress reactivity and inflammation: The multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Linagliptin Effects on Heart Failure and Related Outcomes in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus at High Cardiovascular and Renal Risk in CARMELINA.
- Lipid-lowering treatment among older patients with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Lipoprotein(a) Testing Patterns in a Large Health System.
- LncRNA VINAS regulates atherosclerosis by modulating NF-κB and MAPK signaling.
- Lonafarnib and everolimus reduce pathology in iPSC-derived tissue engineered blood vessel model of Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome.
- Long Noncoding RNAs in Atherosclerosis and Vascular Injury: Pathobiology, Biomarkers, and Targets for Therapy.
- Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in patients with atrial fibrillation and atherothrombosis in the REACH Registry.
- Long-term outdoor air pollution and DNA methylation in circulating monocytes: results from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Longitudinal low density lipoprotein cholesterol goal achievement and cardiovascular outcomes among adult patients with familial hypercholesterolemia: The CASCADE FH registry.
- Low human and murine Mcl-1 expression leads to a pro-apoptotic plaque phenotype enriched in giant-cells.
- Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol treatment and outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes and established cardiovascular disease: Insights from TECOS.
- Lymphocyte activation gene-3-associated protein networks are associated with HDL-cholesterol and mortality in the Trans-omics for Precision Medicine program.
- Macrophage deficiency of p38alpha MAPK promotes apoptosis and plaque necrosis in advanced atherosclerotic lesions in mice.
- Management of Patients with Asymptomatic and Symptomatic Carotid Artery Disease: Update on Anti-Thrombotic Therapy.
- Management of coronary artery disease in end-stage renal disease.
- Managing Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Risk in Young Adults: JACC State-of-the-Art Review.
- Markers of Atherosclerosis, Clinical Characteristics, and Treatment Patterns in Heart Failure: A Case-Control Study of Middle-Aged Adult Heart Failure Patients in Rural Kenya.
- Metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus, or both and cardiovascular risk in outpatients with or at risk for atherothrombosis.
- Metabolomic profile associated with insulin resistance and conversion to diabetes in the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Study.
- Methylomics of gene expression in human monocytes.
- Midterm outcomes in patients undergoing endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms and penetrating atherosclerotic ulcers using the RelayPlus stent graft.
- Migraine and retinal microvascular abnormalities: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Modeling early stage atherosclerosis in a primary human vascular microphysiological system.
- Modular nanotransporters for targeted intracellular delivery of drugs: folate receptors as potential targets.
- Modulating atherothrombosis: is there a place for vaccines in global prevention strategies?
- Molecular evidence for arterial repair in atherosclerosis.
- Multiple, objectively measured sleep dimensions including hypoxic burden and chronic kidney disease: findings from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Myeloid-Specific Deletion of Peptidylarginine Deiminase 4 Mitigates Atherosclerosis.
- NSAID use and association with cardiovascular outcomes in outpatients with stable atherothrombotic disease.
- Natural history of penetrating atherosclerotic ulcers in aortic branch vessels.
- Neighborhood characteristics influence DNA methylation of genes involved in stress response and inflammation: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Neuropeptide Y gene polymorphisms confer risk of early-onset atherosclerosis.
- Neutrophil subsets and their gene signature associate with vascular inflammation and coronary atherosclerosis in lupus.
- New insights into oxidative stress and inflammation during diabetes mellitus-accelerated atherosclerosis.
- Nighttime blood pressure dipping in young adults and coronary artery calcium 10-15 years later: the coronary artery risk development in young adults study.
- No association of 9p21 with arterial elasticity and retinal microvascular findings.
- Non-traditional risk factors are important contributors to the racial disparity in diabetes risk: the atherosclerosis risk in communities study.
- Noncanonical Matrix Metalloprotease 1-Protease-Activated Receptor 1 Signaling Drives Progression of Atherosclerosis.
- Noninvasive assessment of wall-shear rate and vascular elasticity using combined ARFI/SWEI/spectral Doppler imaging system.
- Obstructive coronary atherosclerosis and ischemic heart disease: an elusive link!
- Olfactory receptor 2 in vascular macrophages drives atherosclerosis by NLRP3-dependent IL-1 production.
- One-year cardiovascular event rates in outpatients with atherothrombosis.
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein-β2-Glycoprotein I Complex But Not Free Oxidized LDL Is Associated With the Presence and Severity of Coronary Artery Disease.
- Parathyroid Hormone and the Use of Diuretics and Calcium-Channel Blockers: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Patterns of infarction in hemodynamic failure.
- Performance of the Pooled Cohort Equations in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Pericardial fat volume and incident atrial fibrillation in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis and Jackson Heart Study.
- Physical Activity and Incident Heart Failure in High-Risk Subgroups: The ARIC Study.
- Physical activity, television viewing time, and retinal microvascular caliber: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Plasma sphingomyelin is not associated with microvascular changes in the retina.
- Platelets from genome to proteome and beyond.
- Platelets in atherothrombosis.
- Pleiotropic Associations of Allelic Variants in a 2q22 Region with Risks of Major Human Diseases and Mortality.
- Polymorphic variants in tenascin-C (TNC) are associated with atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease.
- Polymorphisms of the tumor suppressor gene LSAMP are associated with left main coronary artery disease.
- Polyvascular Disease: Reappraisal of the Current Clinical Landscape.
- Polyvascular disease: A narrative review of current evidence and a consideration of the role of antithrombotic therapy.
- Potassium Measures and Their Associations with Glucose and Diabetes Risk: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Preclinical atherosclerosis covaries with individual differences in reactivity and functional connectivity of the amygdala.
- Prediabetes and the association with unrecognized myocardial infarction in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Prediction of incident heart failure in general practice: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study.
- Predictive Accuracy of Stroke Risk Prediction Models Across Black and White Race, Sex, and Age Groups.
- Premature Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: What Have We Learned Recently?
- Premature atherosclerosis in pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus: risk factors for increased carotid intima-media thickness in the atherosclerosis prevention in pediatric lupus erythematosus cohort.
- Prevalence and Prognostic Significance of Polyvascular Disease in Patients Hospitalized With Acute Decompensated Heart Failure: The ARIC Study.
- Prevalence and characteristics of choroidal nevi: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Prevalence of age-related macular degeneration in 4 racial/ethnic groups in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Prevalence, clinical profile, and cardiovascular outcomes of atrial fibrillation patients with atherothrombosis.
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease: time for a course correction.
- Pro- and antiatherogenic effects of a dominant-negative P465L mutation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ in apolipoprotein E-Null mice.
- Protein prediction for trait mapping in diverse populations.
- Proteomic Architecture of Human Coronary and Aortic Atherosclerosis.
- Proteomic Signature of Subclinical Coronary Artery Disease in People With HIV: Analysis of the REPRIEVE Mechanistic Substudy.
- Psychosocial risk factors and retinal microvascular signs: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Pulse Pressure and Risk for Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Atherothrombosis: From the REACH Registry.
- Race/Ethnicity and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Adults With CKD: Findings From the CRIC (Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort) and Hispanic CRIC Studies.
- Racial differences in urinary F2-isoprostane levels and the cross-sectional association with BMI.
- Racial differences of lipoprotein subclass distributions in postmenopausal women.
- Racial variations in the prevalence of refractive errors in the United States: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Radiation exposure and coronary atherothrombosis.
- Rationale and design of a nurse-led intervention to extend the HIV treatment cascade for cardiovascular disease prevention trial (EXTRA-CVD).
- Recreational substance use among patients with premature atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Reduced kidney function as a risk factor for incident heart failure: the atherosclerosis risk in communities (ARIC) study.
- Regression of atherosclerosis with therapeutic antibodies pipe cleaner or pipe dream?
- Relation of Cannabis Use to Elevated Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Risk Score.
- Relation of fish oil supplementation to markers of atherothrombotic risk in patients with cardiovascular disease not receiving lipid-lowering therapy.
- Relationship between retinal arteriolar narrowing and myocardial perfusion: multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Relationship of retinal vascular caliber with diabetes and retinopathy: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Renal function, atherothrombosis extent, and outcomes in high-risk patients.
- Reply: Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: Types 1 and 2?
- Reply: To PMID 22954239.
- Resistant hypertension: a frequent and ominous finding among hypertensive patients with atherothrombosis.
- Rethinking stable ischemic heart disease: is this the beginning of a new era?
- Retinal arterial signs and coronary heart disease.
- Retinal arteriolar caliber and urine albumin excretion: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Retinal arteriolar narrowing and left ventricular hypertrophy in African Americans. the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.
- Retinal arteriolar narrowing and left ventricular remodeling: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Retinal arteriolar narrowing and subsequent development of CKD Stage 3: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Retinal microvascular abnormalities and MRI-defined subclinical cerebral infarction: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Retinal microvascular abnormalities and risk of lacunar stroke: Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Retinal microvascular calibre and risk of incident diabetes: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Retinal microvascular signs and 10-year risk of cerebral atrophy: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.
- Retinal microvascular signs and risk of stroke: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Retinal microvascular structure and function in patients with risk factors of atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease.
- Retinal vascular caliber and brachial flow-mediated dilation: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Retinal vessel diameters and risk of hypertension: the Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Review article: the impact of liver-directed therapies on the atherogenic risk profile in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Revisiting flow augmentation bypass for cerebrovascular atherosclerotic vaso-occlusive disease: Single-surgeon series and review of the literature.
- Risk Prediction Models for Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: The CRIC Study.
- Risk for cardiovascular outcomes among subjects with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and greater-than-normal estimated glomerular filtration rate.
- Risk score to predict serious bleeding in stable outpatients with or at risk of atherothrombosis.
- Rivaroxaban with or without Aspirin in Stable Cardiovascular Disease.
- Role for Nox1 NADPH oxidase in atherosclerosis.
- Role of DNA methylation on the association between physical activity and cardiovascular diseases: results from the longitudinal multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA) cohort.
- Roles of phosphate and fibroblast growth factor 23 in cardiovascular disease.
- Roundtable discussion: Dietary fats in prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Secondary analysis of APPLE study suggests atorvastatin may reduce atherosclerosis progression in pubertal lupus patients with higher C reactive protein.
- Semiautomated quantification of the mass and distribution of vascular calcification with multidetector CT: method and evaluation.
- Serum Phosphate and Retinal Microvascular Changes: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis and the Beaver Dam Eye Study.
- Serum alpha-1 antitrypsin in acute ischemic stroke: A prospective pilot study.
- Serum and dietary potassium and risk of incident type 2 diabetes mellitus: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.
- Serum potassium and the racial disparity in diabetes risk: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study.
- Sex Differences in Subclinical Atherosclerosis and Systemic Immune Activation/Inflammation Among People With Human Immunodeficiency Virus in the United States.
- Sibling history of myocardial infarction or stroke and risk of cardiovascular disease in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health Study.
- Sleep apnea and retinal signs in cardiovascular disease: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Social factors and leukocyte DNA methylation of repetitive sequences: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Social regulation of inflammation related gene expression in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Socioeconomic status and modification of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk prediction: epidemiological analysis using data from the atherosclerosis risk in communities study.
- Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter-2 Inhibitors: Impact on Atherosclerosis and Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Events.
- Statin intolerance: more questions than answers.
- Statin pretreatment is associated with better outcomes in large artery atherosclerotic stroke.
- Statins and atherosclerotic cardiovascular outcomes in patients on incident dialysis and with atherosclerotic heart disease.
- Statins for stroke prevention.
- Streamlining the institutional review board process in pragmatic randomized clinical trials: challenges and lessons learned from the Aspirin Dosing: A Patient-centric Trial Assessing Benefits and Long-Term Effectiveness (ADAPTABLE) trial.
- Study of Heart and Renal Protection (SHARP): randomized trial to assess the effects of lowering low-density lipoprotein cholesterol among 9,438 patients with chronic kidney disease.
- Subclinical Atherosclerosis, Statin Eligibility, and Outcomes in African American Individuals: The Jackson Heart Study.
- Subclinical Vascular Disease Burden and Premature Mortality Among Middle-aged Adults: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- Targeting phosphorylation of eukaryotic initiation factor-2α to treat human disease.
- Temporal Trends and Prognosis of Physical Examination Findings in Patients With Acute Decompensated Heart Failure: The ARIC Study Community Surveillance.
- Temporal trends in medical therapies for ST- and non-ST elevation myocardial infarction: (from the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities [ARIC] Surveillance Study).
- Ten-year longitudinal changes in retinal microvascular lesions: the atherosclerosis risk in communities study.
- The "sandblasting" effect of aortic cannula on arch atheroma during cardiopulmonary bypass.
- The Actin-Binding Protein Drebrin Inhibits Neointimal Hyperplasia.
- The Association of Sport and Exercise Activities With Cardiovascular Disease Risk: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study.
- The Beneficial Therapy with Colchicine for Atherosclerosis via Anti-inflammation and Decrease in Hypertriglyceridemia.
- The Expected 30-Year Benefits of Early Versus Delayed Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease by Lipid Lowering.
- The Hybrid Mouse Diversity Panel: a resource for systems genetics analyses of metabolic and cardiovascular traits.
- The Metabolic Syndrome and Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.
- The PARTHENON Clinical Development Program: the Role of Ticagrelor in Patients with Atherothrombotic Disease.
- The Socioeconomic Gradient in Epigenetic Ageing Clocks: Evidence from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis and the Health and Retirement Study.
- The association between aging-related monocyte transcriptional networks and comorbidity burden: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- The biology, utilization, and attenuation of C-reactive protein in cardiovascular disease: part II.
- The challenges of data safety monitoring for a pragmatic study: Lessons from the ADAPTABLE study.
- The economics of PCSK-9 inhibitors.
- The effect of valsartan, captopril, or both on atherosclerotic events after acute myocardial infarction: an analysis of the Valsartan in Acute Myocardial Infarction Trial (VALIANT).
- The role of epigenetics in the endothelial cell shear stress response and atherosclerosis
- The role of hyaluronic acid in atherosclerosis and intimal hyperplasia.
- The role of type 1 angiotensin receptors on T lymphocytes in cardiovascular and renal diseases.
- Therapy and clinical trials.
- Thiazolidinediones and risk for atherosclerosis: pleiotropic effects of PPar gamma agonism.
- Thrombin receptor antagonists for the treatment of atherothrombosis: therapeutic potential of vorapaxar and E-5555.
- Thrombotic preparedness in aging: a translatable construct for thrombophilias?
- Thyroid Dysfunction and Atherosclerosis: A Systematic Review.
- Time-dependent event accumulation in a cardiovascular outcome trial of patients with type 2 diabetes and established atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Tobacco exposure-related alterations in DNA methylation and gene expression in human monocytes: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Toll-like receptors, their ligands, and atherosclerosis.
- Traditional and novel cardiovascular risk factors for retinal vein occlusion: the multiethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Trends from 1987 to 2004 in sudden death due to coronary heart disease: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.
- Tribute to Dr. Steve Schwartz.
- Type 2 Diabetes and Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in South Asians: a Unique Population with a Growing Challenge.
- USP20 (Ubiquitin-Specific Protease 20) Inhibits TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor)-Triggered Smooth Muscle Cell Inflammation and Attenuates Atherosclerosis.
- Up-regulating sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor-2 signaling impairs chemotactic, wound-healing, and morphogenetic responses in senescent endothelial cells.
- Urinary F2-isoprostanes, obesity, and weight gain in the IRAS cohort.
- Use of Lipid-, Blood Pressure-, and Glucose-Lowering Pharmacotherapy in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.
- Use of Measures of Inflammation and Kidney Function for Prediction of Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease Events and Death in Patients With CKD: Findings From the CRIC Study.
- Use of atorvastatin in systemic lupus erythematosus in children and adolescents.
- Usefulness of Coronary Artery Calcium to Predict Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction in Men Versus Women (from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis).
- Usefulness of carotid intima-media thickness measurement as an indicator of generalized atherosclerosis: findings from autopsy analysis.
- Utility of FDG PET/CT in inflammatory cardiovascular disease.
- Validation of the Sleep Regularity Index in Older Adults and Associations with Cardiometabolic Risk.
- Vascular dementia: atherosclerosis, cognition and Alzheimer's disease.
- Vascular smooth muscle cells in cerebral aneurysm pathogenesis.
- Visual Impairment in White, Chinese, Black, and Hispanic Participants from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis Cohort.
- Vulnerable plaque intervention: State of the art.
- Warfarin-induced vasculopathy.
- Western-type diet modulates inflammatory responses and impairs functional outcome following permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion in aged mice expressing the human apolipoprotein E4 allele.
- [First guidelines on fat consumption and cardiovascular health].
- [Recent advances in atherothrombotic diseases].
Keywords of People
- Granger, Christopher Bull, Professor of Medicine, School of Nursing
- Liu, Yongmei, Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology
- Miller Jr., Francis Joseph, Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology
- Randles, Amanda, Alfred Winborne and Victoria Stover Mordecai Assistant Professor of Biomedical Sciences, Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Schanberg, Laura Eve, Professor of Pediatrics, Pediatrics, Rheumatology