TRPV Cation Channels
Subject Areas on Research
- A pH-sensitive, neurogenic pathway mediates disease severity in a model of post-ERCP pancreatitis.
- A possible role for TRPV4 receptors in asthma.
- A role for AQP5 in activation of TRPV4 by hypotonicity: concerted involvement of AQP5 and TRPV4 in regulation of cell volume recovery.
- A role for transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 in tonicity-induced neurogenic inflammation.
- A synthetic mechanogenetic gene circuit for autonomous drug delivery in engineered tissues.
- Abnormal osmotic regulation in trpv4-/- mice.
- Acid potentiation of the capsaicin receptor determined by a key extracellular site.
- Agonist-dependence of functional properties for common nonsynonymous variants of human transient receptor potential vanilloid 1.
- Analysis of TRPV channel activation by stimulation of FCεRI and MRGPR receptors in mouse peritoneal mast cells.
- Ankyrin-rich membrane spanning protein as a novel modulator of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1-function in nociceptive neurons.
- Antihyperalgesic effects of vanilloid-1 and bradykinin-1 receptor antagonists following spinal cord injury in rats.
- Arresting a transient receptor potential (TRP) channel: beta-arrestin 1 mediates ubiquitination and functional down-regulation of TRPV4.
- Arterial response to shear stress critically depends on endothelial TRPV4 expression.
- Artificial sweeteners and salts producing a metallic taste sensation activate TRPV1 receptors.
- Attenuation of acid induced oesophagitis in VR-1 deficient mice.
- B1 and TRPV-1 receptor genes and their relationship to hyperalgesia following spinal cord injury.
- Breathtaking TRP channels: TRPA1 and TRPV1 in airway chemosensation and reflex control.
- Ca2+ entry via alpha1G and TRPV4 channels differentially regulates surface expression of P-selectin and barrier integrity in pulmonary capillary endothelium.
- Capsaicin vanilloid receptor-1 mediates substance P release in experimental pancreatitis.
- Capsaicin, acid and heat-evoked currents in rat trigeminal ganglion neurons: relationship to functional VR1 receptors.
- Cartilage-Specific Knockout of the Mechanosensory Ion Channel TRPV4 Decreases Age-Related Osteoarthritis.
- Cathepsin S causes inflammatory pain via biased agonism of PAR2 and TRPV4.
- Central opioid receptors mediate morphine-induced itch and chronic itch via disinhibition.
- Changes in osmolality sensitize the response to capsaicin in trigeminal sensory neurons.
- Chondroprotective role of the osmotically sensitive ion channel transient receptor potential vanilloid 4: age- and sex-dependent progression of osteoarthritis in Trpv4-deficient mice.
- Combinatorial expression of TRPV channel proteins defines their sensory functions and subcellular localization in C. elegans neurons.
- Compounds from Sichuan and Melegueta peppers activate, covalently and non-covalently, TRPA1 and TRPV1 channels.
- Conformational ensemble of the human TRPV3 ion channel.
- Conformational plasticity in the selectivity filter of the TRPV2 ion channel.
- Construction of a global pain systems network highlights phospholipid signaling as a regulator of heat nociception.
- Cryo-electron microscopy structure of the TRPV2 ion channel.
- Deletion of the transient receptor potential cation channel TRPV4 impairs murine bladder voiding.
- Different responses to repeated applications of zingerone in behavioral studies, recordings from intact and cultured TG neurons, and from VR1 receptors.
- Direct In Vivo Manipulation and Imaging of Calcium Transients in Neutrophils Identify a Critical Role for Leading-Edge Calcium Flux.
- Drug-Inducible, Cell-Specific Manipulation of Intracellular Calcium in Zebrafish Through Mammalian TRPV1 Expression.
- Dual contribution of TRPV4 antagonism in the regulatory effect of vasoinhibins on blood-retinal barrier permeability: diabetic milieu makes a difference.
- Editorial: TRPV1: how thymocytes sense stress and respond with autophagy.
- Elementary Ca2+ signals through endothelial TRPV4 channels regulate vascular function.
- Emerging Role of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) Ion Channel in Acute and Chronic Itch.
- Endogenous tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) requires TNF receptor type 2 to generate heat hyperalgesia in a mouse cancer model.
- Endothelial TRPV4 channels prevent tumor growth and metastasis via modulation of tumor angiogenesis and vascular integrity.
- Epithelia-Sensory Neuron Cross Talk Underlies Cholestatic Itch Induced by Lysophosphatidylcholine.
- Ethanol contributes to neurogenic pancreatitis by activation of TRPV1.
- Extracellular microRNAs activate nociceptor neurons to elicit pain via TLR7 and TRPA1.
- Follistatin in chondrocytes: the link between TRPV4 channelopathies and skeletal malformations.
- Formation of flavorant-propylene Glycol Adducts With Novel Toxicological Properties in Chemically Unstable E-Cigarette Liquids.
- Functional TRPV4 channels are expressed in mouse skeletal muscle and can modulate resting Ca2+ influx and muscle fatigue.
- Functional characterization of TRPV4 as an osmotically sensitive ion channel in porcine articular chondrocytes.
- Functional coupling between TRPV4 channel and TMEM16F modulates human trophoblast fusion.
- Functional transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 and transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 channels along different segments of the renal vasculature.
- Functionality of the TRPV subfamily of TRP ion channels: add mechano-TRP and osmo-TRP to the lexicon!
- GSK2193874 treatment at heatstroke onset reduced cell apoptosis in heatstroke mice.
- Gustatory effects of capsaicin that are independent of TRPV1 receptors.
- Heat-dependent opening of TRPV1 in the presence of capsaicin.
- High vascular pressure-induced lung injury requires P450 epoxygenase-dependent activation of TRPV4.
- How irritating: the role of TRPA1 in sensing cigarette smoke and aerogenic oxidants in the airways.
- Hypertonicity sensing in organum vasculosum lamina terminalis neurons: a mechanical process involving TRPV1 but not TRPV4.
- IL-23 Enhances C-Fiber-Mediated and Blue Light-Induced Spontaneous Pain in Female Mice.
- IL-23/IL-17A/TRPV1 axis produces mechanical pain via macrophage-sensory neuron crosstalk in female mice.
- Identification of a binding motif in the S5 helix that confers cholesterol sensitivity to the TRPV1 ion channel.
- Increased susceptibility of Trpv4-deficient mice to obesity and obesity-induced osteoarthritis with very high-fat diet.
- Inhibition of TRPV1 channels by a naturally occurring omega-9 fatty acid reduces pain and itch.
- Inhibition of the vanilloid receptor subtype-1 attenuates TNBS-colitis.
- Interaction between TRPV1-expressing neurons in the hypothalamus.
- Involvement of Sensory Neurone-TRPV4 in Acute and Chronic Itch Behaviours.
- Ion channels in analgesia research.
- Keratinocyte growth regulation TRP-ed up over downregulated TRPV4?
- Leukotriene B4 mediates inflammation via TRPV1 in duct obstruction-induced pancreatitis in rats.
- Local Peroxynitrite Impairs Endothelial Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 Channels and Elevates Blood Pressure in Obesity.
- Loss of endothelial CFTR drives barrier failure and edema formation in lung infection and can be targeted by CFTR potentiation.
- Lysophospholipids Contribute to Oxaliplatin-Induced Acute Peripheral Pain.
- Macrophage proresolving mediator maresin 1 stimulates tissue regeneration and controls pain.
- Mammalian TRPV4 (VR-OAC) directs behavioral responses to osmotic and mechanical stimuli in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Modulation of experimental arthritis by vagal sensory and central brain stimulation.
- Molecular Sensors of Temperature, Pressure, and Pain with Special Focus on TRPV1, TRPM8, and PIEZO2 Ion Channels.
- Molecular mechanisms of TRPV4-mediated neural signaling.
- Negative-feedback loop attenuates hydrostatic lung edema via a cGMP-dependent regulation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 4.
- Neurogenic inflammation and pancreatitis.
- Neurokinin-1 receptor enhances TRPV1 activity in primary sensory neurons via PKCepsilon: a novel pathway for heat hyperalgesia.
- Neutrophil Elastase Activates Protease-activated Receptor-2 (PAR2) and Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) to Cause Inflammation and Pain.
- OnabotulinumtoxinA effects on trigeminal nociceptors.
- Pharmacologic disruption of TRPV1-expressing primary sensory neurons but not genetic deletion of TRPV1 protects mice against pancreatitis.
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activates ERK in primary sensory neurons and mediates inflammatory heat hyperalgesia through TRPV1 sensitization.
- Piezo1 acts upstream of TRPV4 to induce pathological changes in endothelial cells due to shear stress.
- Piezo1 channels mediate trabecular meshwork mechanotransduction and promote aqueous fluid outflow.
- Piezo1-mediated stellate cell activation causes pressure-induced pancreatic fibrosis in mice.
- Piezo2 mediates visceral mechanosensation: A new therapeutic target for gut pain?
- Pleiotropic function of TRPV4 ion channels in the central nervous system.
- Pore region of TRPV3 ion channel is specifically required for heat activation.
- Protease-activated receptor 2 (PAR2) protein and transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 (TRPV4) protein coupling is required for sustained inflammatory signaling.
- Protease-activated receptor 2 sensitizes the transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 ion channel to cause mechanical hyperalgesia in mice.
- Quantification and Potential Functions of Endogenous Agonists of Transient Receptor Potential Channels in Patients With Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Regulatory switch at the cytoplasmic interface controls TRPV channel gating.
- Resolvin D2 is a potent endogenous inhibitor for transient receptor potential subtype V1/A1, inflammatory pain, and spinal cord synaptic plasticity in mice: distinct roles of resolvin D1, D2, and E1.
- Resolving TRPV1- and TNF-α-mediated spinal cord synaptic plasticity and inflammatory pain with neuroprotectin D1.
- Role of TRPV ion channels in sensory transduction of osmotic stimuli in mammals.
- Role of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 in Neutrophil Activation and Acute Lung Injury.
- SHANK3 Deficiency Impairs Heat Hyperalgesia and TRPV1 Signaling in Primary Sensory Neurons.
- Selective role for TRPV4 ion channels in visceral sensory pathways.
- Sensing hot and cold with TRP channels.
- Sensory Neuron-TRPV4 Modulates Temporomandibular Disorder Pain Via CGRP in Mice.
- Sensory attributes of complex tasting divalent salts are mediated by TRPM5 and TRPV1 channels.
- Single residues in the outer pore of TRPV1 and TRPV3 have temperature-dependent conformations.
- Skeletal dysplasia-causing TRPV4 mutations suppress the hypertrophic differentiation of human iPSC-derived chondrocytes.
- Skin Injury Activates a Rapid TRPV1-Dependent Antiviral Protein Response.
- Small molecule dual-inhibitors of TRPV4 and TRPA1 for attenuation of inflammation and pain.
- Social feeding in Caenorhabditis elegans is induced by neurons that detect aversive stimuli.
- Sustenance of endothelial cell stability in septic mice through appropriate activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid-4.
- Symmetry transitions during gating of the TRPV2 ion channel in lipid membranes.
- TLR3 deficiency impairs spinal cord synaptic transmission, central sensitization, and pruritus in mice.
- TRP channel regulates EGFR signaling in hair morphogenesis and skin barrier formation.
- TRP channels in disease.
- TRPV channel-mediated calcium transients in nociceptor neurons are dispensable for avoidance behaviour.
- TRPV1 channels and the progesterone receptor Sig-1R interact to regulate pain.
- TRPV1 temperature activation is specifically sensitive to strong decreases in amino acid hydrophobicity.
- TRPV1: on the road to pain relief.
- TRPV1b, a functional human vanilloid receptor splice variant.
- TRPV4 Moves toward Center-Fold in Rosacea Pathogenesis.
- TRPV4 activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase resists nonalcoholic fatty liver disease by blocking CYP2E1-mediated redox toxicity.
- TRPV4 as a therapeutic target for joint diseases.
- TRPV4 as osmosensor: a transgenic approach.
- TRPV4 channel contributes to serotonin-induced pulmonary vasoconstriction and the enhanced vascular reactivity in chronic hypoxic pulmonary hypertension.
- TRPV4 channel opening mediates pressure-induced pancreatitis initiated by Piezo1 activation.
- TRPV4 channel participates in receptor-operated calcium entry and ciliary beat frequency regulation in mouse airway epithelial cells.
- TRPV4 channels stimulate Ca2+-induced Ca2+ release in astrocytic endfeet and amplify neurovascular coupling responses.
- TRPV4 inhibition counteracts edema and inflammation and improves pulmonary function and oxygen saturation in chemically induced acute lung injury.
- TRPV4 initiates the acute calcium-dependent permeability increase during ventilator-induced lung injury in isolated mouse lungs.
- TRPV4 is a regulator of adipose oxidative metabolism, inflammation, and energy homeostasis.
- TRPV4 is necessary for trigeminal irritant pain and functions as a cellular formalin receptor.
- TRPV4 mediates pain-related behavior induced by mild hypertonic stimuli in the presence of inflammatory mediator.
- TRPV4 plays an evolutionary conserved role in the transduction of osmotic and mechanical stimuli in live animals.
- TRPV4-dependent dilation of peripheral resistance arteries influences arterial pressure.
- TRPV4-mediated calcium influx into human bronchial epithelia upon exposure to diesel exhaust particles.
- TRPV4-mediated calcium signaling in mesenchymal stem cells regulates aligned collagen matrix formation and vinculin tension.
- TRPV4-mediated mechanotransduction regulates the metabolic response of chondrocytes to dynamic loading.
- Tear gas: an epidemiological and mechanistic reassessment.
- Temperature-activated ion channels in neural crest cells confer maternal fever-associated birth defects.
- Temperature-induced opening of TRPV1 ion channel is stabilized by the pore domain.
- Temporomandibular joint pain: a critical role for Trpv4 in the trigeminal ganglion.
- The capsaicin receptor participates in artificial sweetener aversion.
- The polymodal ion channel transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 modulates calcium flux, spiking rate, and apoptosis of mouse retinal ganglion cells.
- The role of TRPV4 channels in cutaneous epithelia.
- The role of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channels in pancreatitis.
- The role of endogenous molecules in modulating pain through transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1).
- The salty and burning taste of capsaicin.
- Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 Channel Deficiency Aggravates Tubular Damage after Acute Renal Ischaemia Reperfusion.
- Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 Ion Channel Functions as a Pruriceptor in Epidermal Keratinocytes to Evoke Histaminergic Itch.
- Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 4 and Serum Glucocorticoid-regulated Kinase 1 Are Critical Mediators of Lung Injury in Overventilated Mice In Vivo.
- Transient receptor potential (TRP) channels and taste sensation.
- Transient receptor potential channels in pulmonary chemical injuries and as countermeasure targets.
- Transient receptor potential ion channels V4 and A1 contribute to pancreatitis pain in mice.
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 as a regulator of induced pluripotent stem cell chondrogenesis.
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 inhibits mouse colonic motility by activating NO-dependent enteric neurotransmission.
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4-mediated disruption of the alveolar septal barrier: a novel mechanism of acute lung injury.
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4: The sixth sense of the musculoskeletal system?
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid channels functioning in transduction of osmotic stimuli.
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid-4 has a major role in visceral hypersensitivity symptoms.
- Trpv4 Mediates Hypotonic Inhibition of Central Osmosensory Neurons via Taurine Gliotransmission.
- Two amino acid residues determine 2-APB sensitivity of the ion channels TRPV3 and TRPV4.
- Type VI Collagen Regulates Pericellular Matrix Properties, Chondrocyte Swelling, and Mechanotransduction in Mouse Articular Cartilage.
- UVB radiation generates sunburn pain and affects skin by activating epidermal TRPV4 ion channels and triggering endothelin-1 signaling.
- Upregulation of osmo-mechanosensitive TRPV4 channel facilitates chronic hypoxia-induced myogenic tone and pulmonary hypertension.
- Urgent reconsideration of lung edema as a preventable outcome in COVID-19: inhibition of TRPV4 represents a promising and feasible approach.
- Vanilloid receptor-1 containing primary sensory neurones mediate dextran sulphate sodium induced colitis in rats.
- Vanilloid-dependent TRPV1 opening trajectory from cryoEM ensemble analysis.
- ΔN-TRPV1: A Molecular Co-detector of Body Temperature and Osmotic Stress.
- β-Arrestin-2 desensitizes the transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channel.
Keywords of People
- Jabba, Sairam V., Research Scientist, Anesthesiology
- Jokerst, Nan Marie, J. A. Jones Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Nicholas Institute-Energy Initiative
- Jordt, Sven Eric, Associate Professor in Anesthesiology, Pharmacology & Cancer Biology