Cyclooxygenase 2 Inhibitors
Subject Areas on Research
- 3,4-Diaryl-5-hydroxyfuranones: highly selective inhibitors of cyclooxygenase-2 with aqueous solubility.
- A new prostate cancer therapeutic approach: combination of androgen ablation with COX-2 inhibitor.
- A new structural variation on the methanesulfonylphenyl class of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors.
- A selective inhibitor of cyclooxygenase-2 reverses endotoxin-induced pyretic responses in non-human primates.
- Acute urinary retention associated with the use of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors.
- Aspirin and COX-2 inhibitor use in patients with stage III colon cancer.
- Balancing the cyclooxygenase portfolio.
- Biochemical and pharmacological profile of a tetrasubstituted furanone as a highly selective COX-2 inhibitor.
- Biphasic effects of interleukin-1beta on osteoblast differentiation in vitro.
- COX-2-derived prostacyclin modulates vascular remodeling.
- Celecoxib With Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Might Worsen Outcomes Differentially by COX-2 Expression and ER Status: Exploratory Analysis of the REMAGUS02 Trial.
- Cell cycle effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and enhanced growth inhibition in combination with gemcitabine in pancreatic carcinoma cells.
- Central nervous system concentrations of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors in humans.
- Compensatory hypertrophy induced by ventricular cardiomyocyte-specific COX-2 expression in mice.
- Controlled release of etoricoxib from poly(ester urea) films for post-operative pain management.
- Cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 knockout mice demonstrate increased cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury but are protected by acute preconditioning.
- Cyclooxygenase-two (COX-2) modulates proliferation in aggressive fibromatosis (desmoid tumor).
- Development and longitudinal validation of the overall benefit of analgesia score: a simple multi-dimensional quality assessment instrument.
- Differential regulation of renin and Cox-2 expression in the renal cortex of C57Bl/6 mice.
- E-prostanoid-3 receptors mediate the proinflammatory actions of prostaglandin E2 in acute cutaneous inflammation.
- Effect of Celecoxib vs Placebo Added to Standard Adjuvant Therapy on Disease-Free Survival Among Patients With Stage III Colon Cancer: The CALGB/SWOG 80702 (Alliance) Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Effects of aggregation of drug and diagnostic codes on the performance of the high-dimensional propensity score algorithm: an empirical example.
- Eicosanoid modulation in advanced lung cancer: cyclooxygenase-2 expression is a positive predictive factor for celecoxib + chemotherapy--Cancer and Leukemia Group B Trial 30203.
- Enantiomeric metabolic interactions and stereoselective human methadone metabolism.
- Evidence for a pro-proliferative feedback loop in prostate cancer: the role of Epac1 and COX-2-dependent pathways.
- Host response to infection: the role of CpG DNA in induction of cyclooxygenase 2 and nitric oxide synthase 2 in murine macrophages.
- How direct-to-consumer television advertising for osteoarthritis drugs affects physicians' prescribing behavior.
- Hurry up and slow down: lessons in drug development from the COX-2 inhibitors.
- Impact of FDA Actions, DTCA, and Public Information on the Market for Pain Medication.
- In vitro metabolism of the COX-2 inhibitor DFU, including a novel glutathione adduct rearomatization.
- Inhibition of haematogenous metastasis of colon cancer in mice by a selective COX-2 inhibitor, JTE-522.
- Inhibitors of prostaglandin synthesis inhibit human prostate tumor cell invasiveness and reduce the release of matrix metalloproteinases.
- Lack of correlation between the central anti-nociceptive and peripheral anti-inflammatory effects of selective COX-2 inhibitor parecoxib.
- Mathematical modeling of the Phoenix Rising pathway.
- Matrix-based Molecular Descriptors for Prospective Virtual Compound Screening.
- Modeling adult COX-2 cerebrospinal fluid pharmacokinetics to inform pediatric investigation.
- Molecular staging and the selection of therapy for non-small cell lung cancer.
- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug use among patients with GI bleeding.
- Perioperative COX-2 inhibitors: knowledge and challenges.
- Perspectives in colorectal cancer - Sixth Annual Conference. Metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Phase III Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Trial of Celecoxib in Addition to Standard Chemotherapy for Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer With Cyclooxygenase-2 Overexpression: CALGB 30801 (Alliance).
- Prostaglandin-mediated effects in early canine corpus luteum: In vivo effects on vascular and immune factors.
- Punicalagin inhibits neuroinflammation in LPS-activated rat primary microglia.
- Pyridazinones as selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors.
- Quantifying intrinsic specificity: a potential complement to affinity in drug screening.
- ROC curve estimation under test-result-dependent sampling.
- Resistance to hypertension mediated by intercalated cells of the collecting duct.
- Rofecoxib [Vioxx, MK-0966; 4-(4'-methylsulfonylphenyl)-3-phenyl-2-(5H)-furanone]: a potent and orally active cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor. Pharmacological and biochemical profiles.
- Role of prostacyclin in the cardiovascular response to thromboxane A2.
- Skin tight: macrophage-specific COX-2 induction links salt handling in kidney and skin.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of 3-heteroaryloxy-4-phenyl-2(5H)-furanones as selective COX-2 inhibitors.
- Synthesis, characterization, and activity of metabolites derived from the cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor rofecoxib (MK-0966, Vioxx).
- Testosterone in prostate cancer: the Bethesda consensus.
- The discovery of rofecoxib, [MK 966, Vioxx, 4-(4'-methylsulfonylphenyl)-3-phenyl-2(5H)-furanone], an orally active cyclooxygenase-2-inhibitor.
- The effect of celecoxib, a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, in familial adenomatous polyposis.
- The effects of physician specialty and patient comorbidities on the use and discontinuation of coxibs.
- The role of COX-2 in heart pathology.
- Use of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and distal large bowel cancer in whites and African Americans.