Mating Preference, Animal
Subject Areas on Research
- Categorical perception of colour signals in a songbird.
- Chimpanzee females queue but males compete for social status
- Genome-wide architecture of reproductive isolation in a naturally occurring hybrid zone between Mus musculus musculus and M. m. domesticus.
- Honest olfactory ornamentation in a female-dominant primate.
- Mechanisms of sexual selection: sexual swellings and estrogen concentrations as fertility indicators and cues for male consort decisions in wild baboons.
- The importance of color in mate choice of the blue crab Callinectes sapidus.
- The male blue crab, Callinectes sapidus, uses both chromatic and achromatic cues during mate choice.
- Threshold assessment, categorical perception, and the evolution of reliable signaling.
- Weaponry, color, and contest success in the jumping spider Lyssomanes viridis.