Subject Areas on Research
- Chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 5-using envelopes predominate in dual/mixed-tropic HIV from the plasma of drug-naive individuals.
- HIV type 1 from a patient with baseline resistance to CCR5 antagonists uses drug-bound receptor for entry.
- HIV-1 resistance to CCR5 antagonists associated with highly efficient use of CCR5 and altered tropism on primary CD4+ T cells.
- In vitro and clinical investigation of the relationship between CCR5 receptor occupancy and anti-HIV activity of Aplaviroc.
- Virologic failure in first-line human immunodeficiency virus therapy with a CCR5 entry inhibitor, aplaviroc, plus a fixed-dose combination of lamivudine-zidovudine: nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance regardless of envelope tropism.
- Virologic failure in therapy-naive subjects on aplaviroc plus lopinavir-ritonavir: detection of aplaviroc resistance requires clonal analysis of envelope.