Subject Areas on Research
- Animals lacking endothelin-converting enzyme-2 are deficient in learning and memory.
- Differential effects of the antidepressant mirtazapine on amphetamine- and dizocilpine-induced PPI deficits.
- Effects of unexpected changes in visual scenes on the human acoustic startle response and prepulse inhibition.
- Meclizine enhancement of sensorimotor gating in healthy male subjects with high startle responses and low prepulse inhibition.
- PPI deficit induced by amphetamine is attenuated by the histamine H1 antagonist pyrilamine, but is exacerbated by the serotonin 5-HT2 antagonist ketanserin.
- Role of nicotinic receptors in the lateral habenula in the attenuation of amphetamine-induced prepulse inhibition deficits of the acoustic startle response in rats.
- The effect of nicotine and trauma context on acoustic startle in smokers with and without posttraumatic stress disorder.
- The functions of nonsuicidal self-injury: support for cognitive-affective regulation and opponent processes from a novel psychophysiological paradigm.