Vagus Nerve Stimulation
Subject Areas on Research
- A prospective, multi-center randomized, controlled, blinded trial of vagus nerve stimulation for difficult to treat depression: A novel design for a novel treatment.
- A review on the management of epilepsy associated with hypothalamic hamartomas.
- Cervical Vagus Nerve Stimulation Improves Neurologic Outcome After Cardiac Arrest in Mice by Attenuating Oxidative Stress and Excessive Autophagy.
- Chronic Vagus Nerve Stimulation Significantly Improves Quality of Life in Treatment-Resistant Major Depression.
- Contemporaneous evaluation of patient experience, surgical strategy, and seizure outcomes in patients undergoing stereoelectroencephalography or subdural electrode monitoring.
- Cortical stimulation in conscious rats controls joint inflammation.
- Effect and neural mechanisms of the transcutaneous vagus nerve stimulation for relapse prevention in patients with remitted major depressive disorder: protocol for a longitudinal study.
- Effects of Long-Term Vagus Nerve Electrical Stimulation Therapy on Acute Cerebral Infarction and Neurological Function Recovery in Post MCAO Mice.
- Effects of vagal neuromodulation on feeding behavior.
- Efficacy and safety of VNS therapy or continued medication management for treatment of adults with drug-resistant epilepsy: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Empirically Based Guidelines for Selecting Vagus Nerve Stimulation Parameters in Epilepsy and Heart Failure.
- Fascicles split or merge every ∼560 microns within the human cervical vagus nerve.
- Functional vagotopy in the cervical vagus nerve of the domestic pig: implications for the study of vagus nerve stimulation.
- High-resolution measurement of electrically-evoked vagus nerve activity in the anesthetized dog.
- Implications for Neuromodulation Therapy to Control Inflammation and Related Organ Dysfunction in COVID-19.
- It's not the heart: autonomic nervous system predisposition to lethal ventricular arrhythmias.
- Kilohertz frequency nerve block enhances anti-inflammatory effects of vagus nerve stimulation.
- Managing Lafora body disease with vagal nerve stimulation.
- Modulation of experimental arthritis by vagal sensory and central brain stimulation.
- Modulation of heart rate by temporally patterned vagus nerve stimulation in the anesthetized dog.
- Modulation of neuroinflammation and memory dysfunction using percutaneous vagus nerve stimulation in mice.
- Neural modulation for hypertension and heart failure.
- Neuromodulation, Specialized Proresolving Mediators, and Resolution of Pain.
- Parasympathetic stimulation via the vagus nerve prevents systemic organ dysfunction by abrogating gut injury and lymph toxicity in trauma and hemorrhagic shock.
- Quality of life after vagal nerve stimulator insertion.
- Quality-of-life metrics with vagus nerve stimulation for epilepsy from provider survey data.
- Sciatic-Vagal Nerve Stimulation by Electroacupuncture Alleviates Inflammatory Arthritis in Lyme Disease-Susceptible C3H Mice.
- Sources of off-target effects of vagus nerve stimulation using the helical clinical lead in domestic pigs.
- Spatially selective stimulation of the pig vagus nerve to modulate target effect versus side effect.
- Tackling Inflammation in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: Resurrection of Vagus Nerve Stimulation?
- The appropriate use of neurostimulation: stimulation of the intracranial and extracranial space and head for chronic pain. Neuromodulation Appropriateness Consensus Committee.
- The effect of vagus nerve stimulation therapy on body mass index in children.
- The epileptology of alternating hemiplegia of childhood.
- Vagal nerve stimulation modifies neuronal activity and the proteome of excitatory synapses of amygdala/piriform cortex.
- Vagal nerve stimulation modulates gut injury and lung permeability in trauma-hemorrhagic shock.
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Patients Receiving Maintenance Therapy With Electroconvulsive Therapy: A Series of 10 Cases.
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS): utility in neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Vagus nerve stimulation elevates seizure threshold in the kindling model.
- Vagus nerve stimulation for drop attacks in a pediatric population.
- Vagus nerve stimulation paired with rehabilitation for upper limb motor function after ischaemic stroke (VNS-REHAB): a randomised, blinded, pivotal, device trial.
- Vagus nerve stimulation therapy randomized to different amounts of electrical charge for treatment-resistant depression: acute and chronic effects.
- WFSBP Guidelines on Brain Stimulation Treatments in Psychiatry.
- α7-cholinergic receptor mediates vagal induction of splenic norepinephrine.
Keywords of People
- Pelot, Nikki, Research Scientist, Biomedical Engineering