Subject Areas on Research
- A real-time PCR assay to identify and discriminate among wild-type and vaccine strains of varicella-zoster virus and herpes simplex virus in clinical specimens, and comparison with the clinical diagnoses.
- Correction of sickle cell disease in transgenic mouse models by gene therapy.
- Genome-wide association study of red blood cell traits in Hispanics/Latinos: The Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos.
- Hemoglobin βCys93 is essential for cardiovascular function and integrated response to hypoxia.
- Severe fetal and neonatal hemolytic anemia due to a 198 kb deletion removing the complete β-globin gene cluster.