Subject Areas on Research
- Experimental models for identifying modifiers of polyglutamine-induced aggregation and neurodegeneration.
- Inhibition of protein misfolding/aggregation using polyglutamine binding peptide QBP1 as a therapy for the polyglutamine diseases.
- Inhibitors of protein disulfide isomerase suppress apoptosis induced by misfolded proteins.
- Parkinson's disease from the gut.
- X-Linked Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy: From Clinical Genetic Features and Molecular Pathology to Mechanisms Underlying Disease Toxicity.
Keywords of People
- Cortes, Constanza J, Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology, Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development