Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest
Subject Areas on Research
- "Needed but lacked": Exploring demand- and supply-side determinants of access to cardiopulmonary resuscitation training for the lay public in China.
- A Natural Biomarker Deserving Attention: Gasping Following Primary Cardiac Arrest.
- A comparison of pediatric airway management techniques during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest using the CARES database.
- A retrospective study of pulseless electrical activity, bedside ultrasound identifies interventions during resuscitation associated with improved survival to hospital admission. A REASON Study.
- Association Between Driving Distance From Nearest Fire Station and Survival of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Association between hospital post-resuscitative performance and clinical outcomes after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Association between patient race and staff resuscitation efforts after cardiac arrest in outpatient dialysis clinics: A study from the CARES surveillance group.
- Association of Bystander and First-Responder Efforts and Outcomes According to Sex: Results From the North Carolina HeartRescue Statewide Quality Improvement Initiative.
- Association of Bystander and First-Responder Intervention With Survival After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in North Carolina, 2010-2013.
- Association of Neighborhood Demographics With Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Treatment and Outcomes: Where You Live May Matter.
- Association of Public Health Initiatives With Outcomes for Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest at Home and in Public Locations.
- Association of neighborhood characteristics with incidence of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and rates of bystander-initiated CPR: implications for community-based education intervention.
- Association of race and socioeconomic status with automatic external defibrillator training prevalence in the United States.
- Cardiac Arrest and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Outcome Reports: Update of the Utstein Resuscitation Registry Template for In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Consensus Report From a Task Force of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (American Heart Association, European Resuscitation Council, Australian and New Zealand Council on Resuscitation, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, InterAmerican Heart Foundation, Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa, Resuscitation Council of Asia).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training Disparities in the United States.
- Care and outcomes of urban and non-urban out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients during the HeartRescue Project in Washington state and North Carolina.
- Characteristics, therapies, and outcomes of In-Hospital vs Out-of-Hospital cardiac arrest in patients presenting to cardiac intensive care units: From the critical care Cardiology trials network (CCCTN).
- Community-level socioeconomic status and the role of the hospital: Does where you have an arrest affect receipt of post-arrest care?
- Comparing bystander response to a sudden cardiac arrest using a virtual reality CPR training mobile app versus a standard CPR training mobile app.
- Comparison of outcomes between pulseless electrical activity by electrocardiography and pulseless myocardial activity by echocardiography in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest; secondary analysis from a large, prospective study.
- Comparison of team-focused CPR vs standard CPR in resuscitation from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Results from a statewide quality improvement initiative.
- Direct Transport to a Percutaneous Cardiac Intervention Center and Outcomes in Patients With Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Diurnal variations in incidence and outcome of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest including prior comorbidity and pharmacotherapy: a nationwide study in Denmark.
- Education, Implementation, and Teams: 2020 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations.
- Emergency department point-of-care ultrasound in out-of-hospital and in-ED cardiac arrest.
- Emergency medical services-witnessed out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Global variation and opportunities for future investigation.
- Epidemiology of out-of-hospital pediatric airway management in the 2019 national emergency medical services information system data set.
- Evaluation of telephone-assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation recommendations for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Gender Disparities Among Adult Recipients of Bystander Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in the Public.
- Global prevalence of basic life support training: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Hands-Only Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Education: A Comparison of On-Screen With Compression Feedback, Classroom, and Video Education.
- Impact of bystander-focused public health interventions on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and survival: a cohort study.
- Impact of dispatcher-assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation on performance of termination of resuscitation criteria.
- Impact of percutaneous coronary intervention performance reporting on cardiac resuscitation centers: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.
- Implementation of a National 5-Year Plan for Prehospital Emergency Care in Singapore and Impact on Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Outcomes From 2011 to 2016.
- Improvement in Care and Outcomes for Emergency Medical Service-Transported Patients With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) With and Without Prehospital Cardiac Arrest: A Mission: Lifeline STEMI Accelerator Study.
- Improving Care of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Next Steps.
- In pursuit of equity: Shedding light on gender differences in post-arrest care treatment of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Incidence, characteristics and complications of dispatcher-assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation initiated in patients not in cardiac arrest.
- Initial Interventions for Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest--Reply.
- Interventional strategies associated with improvements in survival for out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in Singapore over 10 years.
- Irrational Exuberance: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation as Fetish.
- Long-Term Outcomes Among Elderly Survivors of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Long-Term Post-Discharge Risks in Older Survivors of Myocardial Infarction With and Without Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Multistate 5-Year Initiative to Improve Care for Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Primary Results From the HeartRescue Project.
- Multistate implementation of guideline-based cardiac resuscitation systems of care: description of the HeartRescue project.
- Nationwide trends in residential and non-residential out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and differences in bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Opioid-Associated Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Distinctive Clinical Features and Implications for Health Care and Public Responses: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
- Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Resuscitation Systems of Care: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association.
- Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: To CT or Not to CT?
- Part 6: Alternative Techniques and Ancillary Devices for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
- Passive ultra-brief video training improves performance of compression-only cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Patterns of use of targeted temperature management for acute myocardial infarction patients following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Insights from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry.
- Pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Time to goal target temperature and outcomes.
- Predicting outcome in cardiac arrest: some progress, but more work needed.
- Prognostication for Sudden Cardiac Arrest Patients Achieving ROSC.
- Prolonged cardiopulmonary resuscitation and outcomes after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Pushing the Envelope on STEMI Response.
- Race Differences in Interventions and Survival After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in North Carolina, 2010 to 2014.
- Racial disparities in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest interventions and survival in the Pragmatic Airway Resuscitation Trial.
- Randomized clinical trial progress to inform care for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Rationale for withholding professional resuscitation in emergency medical system-attended out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Recommendations for rescue of a submerged unresponsive compressed-gas diver.
- Regional Variation in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Survival in the United States.
- Reply to Letter: Letter to the Editor regarding Gaspari and colleague's "Emergency department point-of-care ultrasound in out-of-hospital and in-ED cardiac arrest".
- Retrospective chart review and survey to identify adverse safety events in the emergency medical services care of children with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in the USA: a study protocol.
- Strategies to improve survival outcomes of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) given a fixed budget: A simulation study.
- Targeted Temperature Management After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Integrating Evidence Into Real World Practice.
- Targeted temperature management after out of hospital cardiac arrest: quo vadis?
- Temporal differences in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest incidence and survival.
- The association of race with CPR quality following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- The incidence and significance of bacteremia in out of hospital cardiac arrest.
- The role of bystanders, first responders, and emergency medical service providers in timely defibrillation and related outcomes after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: Results from a statewide registry.
- Therapeutic Hypothermia for Patients with Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in North Carolina.
- Time Trends and Educational Inequalities in Out-of-Hospital Coronary Deaths in Norway 1995-2009: A Cardiovascular Disease in Norway (CVDNOR) Project.
- Timing of Advanced Airway Placement after Witnessed Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Unmeasured Interface in Emergency Cardiovascular Care: How Do Dispatch-Assisted Telephone Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Bystander Training Interact?
- Using an Immersive Virtual Reality System to Assess Lay Provider Response to an Unannounced Simulated Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the Out-of-Hospital Setting.
- Variability in survival and post-cardiac arrest care following successful resuscitation from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Variation in Bystander Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Delivery and Subsequent Survival From Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Based on Neighborhood-Level Ethnic Characteristics.
- Variation in community and ambulance care processes for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest during the COVID-19 pandemic: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Keywords of People
- Granger, Christopher Bull, Professor of Medicine, School of Nursing