Subject Areas on Research
- A broad survey of hydraulic and mechanical safety in the xylem of conifers.
- A test of the hydraulic vulnerability segmentation hypothesis in angiosperm and conifer tree species.
- An extractive removal step optimized for a high-throughput α-cellulose extraction method for δ13C and δ18O stable isotope ratio analysis in conifer tree rings.
- Biogeographic analysis of the woody plants of the Southern Appalachians: Implications for the origins of a regional flora.
- Does growing atmospheric CO2 explain increasing carbon sink in a boreal coniferous forest?
- Effects of calcium on seed germination, seedling growth and photosynthesis of six forest tree species under simulated acid rain.
- How do water transport and water storage differ in coniferous earlywood and latewood?
- Low-intensity frequent fires in coniferous forests transform soil organic matter in ways that may offset ecosystem carbon losses.