Subject Areas on Research
- An urgent need to understand and address the safety and well-being of hospital "sitters".
- Decreasing workplace incivility.
- Hospital workers bypass traditional occupational injury reporting systems when reporting patient and visitor perpetrated (type II) violence.
- Impact of Behavior Management Training on Nurses' Confidence in Managing Patient Aggression.
- Impact of hospital type II violent events: use of psychotropic drugs and mental health services.
- Nonfatal Violent Workplace Crime Characteristics and Rates by Occupation - United States, 2007-2015.
- Perpetrator, worker and workplace characteristics associated with patient and visitor perpetrated violence (Type II) on hospital workers: a review of the literature and existing occupational injury data.
- Physical assault, physical threat, and verbal abuse perpetrated against hospital workers by patients or visitors in six U.S. hospitals.