Subject Areas on Research
- Distinct neuronal populations in the basolateral and central amygdala are activated with acute pain, conditioned fear, and fear-conditioned analgesia.
- General anesthetics activate a potent central pain-suppression circuit in the amygdala.
- Interaction of CRF and kappa opioid systems on GABAergic neurotransmission in the mouse central amygdala.
- Manipulations of Central Amygdala Neurotensin Neurons Alter the Consumption of Ethanol and Sweet Fluids in Mice.
- Multiple sources of internal calcium stores mediate ethanol-induced presynaptic inhibitory GABA release in the central nucleus of the amygdala in mice.