Education, Training, and Certifications
In the News
JUN 2, 2016
- Sustainable Biological Production of Energetic Materials awarded by Office of Naval Research 2016 - 2019
- Process Intensification for Reduced Commercial CAPEX of Biofuels Production (PRICE CAP) using Dynamic Metabolic Control awarded by Department of Energy 2016 - 2018
- EAGER:Dynamic Flux Control Enabled by Synthetic Metabolic Valves awarded by National Science Foundation 2014 - 2017
- Modular Microbial Chasses for the Rapid Scale Up of Living Foundary Molecules awarded by Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency 2014 - 2016
- Multi-Site Public Engagement with Science-Synthetic Biology awarded by Museum of Science 2016
- Publications and Artistic Works
- Lipscomb, TW, Lipscomb, ML, Gill, RT, and Lynch, MD. "Metabolic Engineering of Recombinant E. coli for the Production of 3-Hydroxypropionate." In Engineering Complex Phenotypes in Industrial Strains, 185-120. October 24, 2012. Full Text
- Lynch, MD. "A rational microbial design perspective in the design build test era." January 1, 2014.
- Lynch, MD, Manness, PC, Lipscomb, M, Warnecke, T, and Liao, H. "Novel biological conversion of hydrogen and carbon dioxide directly into biodiesel." December 1, 2011.
- Lipscomb, ML, Warnecke, T, Hans, L, Maness, LP, and Lynch, MD. "Novel biological conversion of hydrogen and carbon dioxide directly into biodiesel." August 25, 2011.
- Lynch, MD, Warnecke, T, Singh, A, and Gill, RT. "Genomics tools for elucidating the function of trait conferring genes." December 1, 2005.
- Warnecke, T, Lynch, MD, and Gill, RT. "Identification of organic acid tolerance genes in E. coli for biorefinery applications." December 1, 2005.
- Burg, JM, Cooper, CB, Ye, Z, Reed, BR, Moreb, EA, and Lynch, MD. "Large-scale bioprocess competitiveness: the potential of dynamic metabolic control in two-stage fermentations." Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering 14 (November 2016): 121-136. Full Text
- Lynch, MD. "Into new territory: improved microbial synthesis through engineering of the essential metabolic network." Current opinion in biotechnology 38 (April 2016): 106-111. Full Text
- Boyle, NR, Reynolds, TS, Evans, R, Lynch, M, and Gill, RT. "Recombineering to homogeneity: extension of multiplex recombineering to large-scale genome editing." Biotechnology journal 8, no. 5 (May 2013): 515-522. (Review) Full Text
- Garst, A, Lynch, M, Evans, R, and Gill, RT. "Strategies for the multiplex mapping of genes to traits." Microbial cell factories 12 (January 2013): 99-. (Review) Full Text
- Warnecke, TE, Lynch, MD, Lipscomb, ML, and Gill, RT. "Identification of a 21 amino acid peptide conferring 3-hydroxypropionic acid stress-tolerance to Escherichia coli." Biotechnology and bioengineering 109, no. 5 (May 2012): 1347-1352. Full Text
- Prior, JE, Lynch, MD, and Gill, RT. "Broad-host-range vectors for protein expression across gram negative hosts." Biotechnology and bioengineering 106, no. 2 (June 2010): 326-332. Full Text
- Warnecke, TE, Lynch, MD, Karimpour-Fard, A, Lipscomb, ML, Handke, P, Mills, T, Ramey, CJ, Hoang, T, and Gill, RT. "Rapid dissection of a complex phenotype through genomic-scale mapping of fitness altering genes." Metabolic engineering 12, no. 3 (May 2010): 241-250. Full Text
- Singh, A, Lynch, MD, and Gill, RT. "Genes restoring redox balance in fermentation-deficient E. coli NZN111." Metabolic engineering 11, no. 6 (November 2009): 347-354. Full Text
- Gall, S, Lynch, MD, Sandoval, NR, and Gill, RT. "Parallel mapping of genotypes to phenotypes contributing to overall biological fitness." Metabolic engineering 10, no. 6 (November 2008): 382-393. Full Text
- Warnecke, TE, Lynch, MD, Karimpour-Fard, A, Sandoval, N, and Gill, RT. "A genomics approach to improve the analysis and design of strain selections." Metabolic engineering 10, no. 3-4 (May 9, 2008): 154-165. Full Text
- Bonomo, J, Lynch, MD, Warnecke, T, Price, JV, and Gill, RT. "Genome-scale analysis of anti-metabolite directed strain engineering." Metabolic engineering 10, no. 2 (March 2008): 109-120. Full Text
- Lynch, MD, Warnecke, T, and Gill, RT. "SCALEs: multiscale analysis of library enrichment." Nature methods 4, no. 1 (January 2007): 87-93. Full Text
- Lynch, MD, and Gill, RT. "Broad host range vectors for stable genomic library construction." Biotechnology and bioengineering 94, no. 1 (May 2006): 151-158. Full Text
- Lynch, MD, Gill, RT, and Stephanopoulos, G. "Mapping phenotypic landscapes using DNA micro-arrays." Metabolic engineering 6, no. 3 (July 2004): 177-185. Full Text
- Teaching and Mentoring
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR) 2017
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE) 2017
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE) 2017
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering 2017
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering 2017
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study 2017
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering 2016
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study 2016
- BME 244L9: Quantitative Physiology with Biostatistical Applications 2015
- BME 244L: Quantitative Physiology with Biostatistical Applications 2015
- BME 899: Special Readings in Biomedical Engineering 2015
- Scholarly, Clinical, and Service Activities
Outreach and Engaged Scholarship
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.