Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Brain Stimulation and Neurophysiology, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences 2006 - 2015
- An integrated and diverse genomic medicine program for undiagnosed diseases awarded by National Institutes of Health 2014 - 2018
- SUSTAIN-1, 3003 awarded by Janssen Research & Development, LLC 2015 - 2018
- 2/3 Reducing Suicide Ideation Through Insomnia Treatment (REST-IT) awarded by National Institutes of Health 2012 - 2017
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome awarded by National Institutes of Health 2010 - 2014
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Goforth, HW, Preud'homme, XA, and Krystal, AD. "A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of eszopiclone for the treatment of insomnia in patients with chronic low back pain." Sleep 37, no. 6 (June 2014): 1053-1060. Full Text
- Low, Y, Goforth, H, Preud'homme, X, Edinger, J, and Krystal, A. "Insomnia in HIV-infected patients: pathophysiologic implications." AIDS reviews 16, no. 1 (January 2014): 3-13. (Review)
- Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Krystal, AD. "Comparison of diary-derived bladder and sleep measurements across OAB individuals, primary insomniacs, and healthy controls." Int Urogynecol J 24, no. 3 (March 2013): 501-508. Full Text Link to Item
- Low, Y, Goforth, HW, Omonuwa, T, Preud'homme, X, Edinger, J, and Krystal, A. "Comparison of polysomnographic data in age-, sex- and Axis I psychiatric diagnosis matched HIV-seropositive and HIV-seronegative Insomnia Patients." Clinical Neurophysiology 123, no. 12 (2012): 2402-2405. Full Text
- Muzyk, AJ, Cvelich, RG, Kincaid, BR, and Preud'homme, XA. "Angioedema occurring in patient prescribed iloperidone and haloperidol: a cross-sensitivity reaction to antipsychotics from different chemical classes." The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences 24, no. 2 (January 2012): E40-E41. (Letter) Full Text
- Muzyk, AJ, Jensen, TP, Cvelich, RG, and Preud'homme, XA. "Lithium-Induced Renal Ectasia." JOURNAL OF NEUROPSYCHIATRY AND CLINICAL NEUROSCIENCES 24, no. 2 (2012): E33-E33. Full Text Link to Item
- Low, Y, Preud'homme, X, Goforth, HW, Omonuwa, T, and Krystal, AD. "The association of fatigue with depression and insomnia in HIV-seropositive patients: a pilot study. (Published online)" Sleep 34, no. 12 (December 1, 2011): 1723-1726. Full Text Link to Item
- Rose, JE, McClernon, FJ, Froeliger, B, Behm, FM, Preud'homme, X, and Krystal, AD. "Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of the superior frontal gyrus modulates craving for cigarettes." Biol Psychiatry 70, no. 8 (October 15, 2011): 794-799. Full Text Link to Item
- Kenedi, CA, Shirey, KG, Hoffa, M, Zanga, J, Lee, JC, Harrison, JD, and Preud'homme, XA. "Laboratory diagnosis of factitious disorder: a systematic review of tools useful in the diagnosis of Munchausen's syndrome. (Published online)" N Z Med J 124, no. 1342 (September 9, 2011): 66-81. (Review) Link to Item
- Karol, DE, Muzyk, AJ, and Preud'homme, XA. "A case of delirium, motor disturbances, and autonomic dysfunction due to baclofen and tizanidine withdrawal: A review of the literature." General Hospital Psychiatry 33, no. 1 (2011): 84.e1-84.e2. Full Text
- Muzyk, AJ, Jakel, RJ, and Preud'homme, X. "Serotonin syndrome after a massive overdose of controlled-release paroxetine." Psychosomatics 51, no. 5 (September 2010): 437-442. Full Text Link to Item
- Krystal, AD, Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Detrusor overactivity persisting at night and preceding nocturia in patients with overactive bladder syndrome: a nocturnal cystometrogram and polysomnogram study." J Urol 184, no. 2 (August 2010): 623-628. Full Text Link to Item
- Pierson, MD, Muzyk, AJ, Lockamy, M, and Preud'homme, XA. "Topiramate-induced confusion following a single ingestion of 400 mg." General Hospital Psychiatry 32, no. 6 (2010): 647.e1-647.e3. Full Text
- Omonuwa, TS, Goforth, HW, Preud'homme, X, and Krystal, AD. "The pharmacologic management of insomnia in patients with HIV." J Clin Sleep Med 5, no. 3 (June 15, 2009): 251-262. (Review) Link to Item
- Preud'homme, XA, Lanquart, J-P, Krystal, AD, Bogaerts, P, and Linkowski, P. "Modeling slow-wave activity dynamics: does an exponentially dampened periodic function really fit a single night of normal human sleep?." Clin Neurophysiol 119, no. 12 (December 2008): 2753-2761. Full Text Link to Item
- Fontaine, SD, Geertruyden, JV, Preud'homme, X, and Goldschmidt, D. "Munchausen syndrome." Annals of Plastic Surgery 46, no. 2 (2001): 153-158.
- Preud'homme, X, and Linkowski, P. "Novel antipsychotics." Revue Medicale de Bruxelles 21, no. 4 (2000): 381-386.
- Preud'homme, XA, Lanquart, J-P, Mendlewicz, J, and Linkowski, P. "Characteristics of spontaneous sleep with varying NREMS episodes in healthy men: Implication for delta activity homeostasis." Sleep 23, no. 2 (2000): 193-203.
- Preud'homme, XA, Lanquart, J-P, Mendlewicz, J, and Linkowski, P. "Distribution of delta activity across nonrapid eye movement sleep episodes in healthy young men." Sleep 20, no. 4 (1997): 313-320.
- Mailleux, P, Preud'homme, X, Albala, N, Vanderwinden, J-M, and Vanderhaeghen, J-J. "Δ-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol regulates gene expression of the growth factor pleiotrophin in the forebrain." Neuroscience Letters 175, no. 1-2 (1994): 25-27.
- Mailleux, P, Verslype, M, Preud'homme, X, and Vanderhaeghen, J-J. "Activation of multiple transcription factor genes by tetrahydrocannabinol in rat forebrain." NeuroReport 5, no. 10 (1994): 1265-1268.
- Glassman, AH, Roose, SP, Rivelli, SK, and Preud'homme, XA. "Cardiovascular effects of antidepressant drugs." Nordic Journal of Psychiatry, Supplement 47, no. 30 (1993): 41-47.
- Glassman, AH, and Preud'homme, XA. "Review of the cardiovascular effects of heterocyclic antidepressants." Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 54, no. 2 SUPPL. (1993): 16-22.
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.