Acute mycotoxicosis in sheep: field cases.
Inappetence, apathy and neurological signs were seen in a flock of sheep at an out-station of Khartoum, that were fed on groundnut cake meal contaminated with aflatoxins (750 ppb). The gross and microscopic lesions were confined to the liver. The biochemical analysis of the serum was consistent with the presence of liver damage. The presence of aflatoxins in the feeds and tissues of the dead sheep supports that the condition was due to aflatoxin poisoning.
Suliman, HB; Mohamed, AF; Awadelsied, NA; Shommein, AM
Volume / Issue
Start / End Page
International Standard Serial Number (ISSN)