Education, Training, & Certifications
- Critical Care Fellowship, Anesthesiology, Massachusetts General Hospital 2001 - 2002
- Cardiac Anesthesiology Fellowship, Anesthesiology, Massachusetts General Hospital 2000 - 2001
- Anesthesiology Residency, Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine 1997 - 2000
- Family Practice Residency, Bucharest University (Romania) 1994 - 1996
- M.D., Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy (Romania) 1992
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Del Rio, JM, Grecu, L, and Nicoara, A. "Right Ventricular Function in Left Heart Disease: Relevance to the Mitral Valve." Seminars in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia (September 19, 2018): 1089253218799345-null. Full Text
- Gui, L, Qian, H, Rocco, KA, Grecu, L, and Niklason, LE. "Efficient intratracheal delivery of airway epithelial cells in mice and pigs." American journal of physiology. Lung cellular and molecular physiology 308, no. 2 (January 2015): L221-L228. Full Text
- Grecu, L, and Fishman, MA. "Beware of life-threatening activation of air bubble detector during contrast echocardiography in patients on venoarterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenator support." Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography : official publication of the American Society of Echocardiography 27, no. 10 (October 2014): 1130-1131. (Letter) Full Text
- Hashim, PW, Assi, R, Grecu, L, and Dardik, A. "Symptomatic obstruction of the brachiocephalic and left subclavian arteries obscured by aortic stenosis." Annals of vascular surgery 28, no. 3 (April 2014): 737.e1-737.e5. Full Text
- Grecu, L. "Cardiac tamponade." International anesthesiology clinics 50, no. 2 (January 2012): 59-77. (Review) Full Text
- Hobai, IA, Bittner, EA, and Grecu, L. "Perioperative spinal cord infarction in nonaortic surgery: report of three cases and review of the literature." Journal of clinical anesthesia 20, no. 4 (June 2008): 307-312. (Review) Full Text
- Grecu, L, Bittner, EA, Kher, J, Smith, SE, and Rosow, CE. "Haloperidol plus ondansetron versus ondansetron alone for prophylaxis of postoperative nausea and vomiting." Anesthesia and analgesia 106, no. 5 (May 2008): 1410-1413. Full Text
- Rosow, CE, Haspel, KL, Smith, SE, Grecu, L, and Bittner, EA. "Haloperidol versus ondansetron for prophylaxis of postoperative nausea and vomiting." Anesthesia and analgesia 106, no. 5 (May 2008): 1407-1409. Full Text
- Goldhaber-Fiebert, S, and Grecu, L. "Postoperative ST-segment elevation: was vasospasm caused by anaphylaxis or by its treatment with epinephrine?." Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology : Official Publication of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology 97, no. 4 (October 2006): 449-453. Full Text
- Hong, J, and Grecu, L. "Laryngospasm after autologous blood transfusion." Anesthesia and analgesia 103, no. 1 (July 2006): 200-202. Full Text
- Matten, EC, and Grecu, L. "Unilateral empyema as a complication of infectious mononucleosis: a pathogenic variant of Lemierre's syndrome." Journal of clinical microbiology 44, no. 2 (February 2006): 659-661. Full Text
- Grecu, L, Mehaffey, C, and Isselbacher, E. "Preoperative noninvasive cardiac testing: which test and why?." International anesthesiology clinics 40, no. 2 (January 2002): 121-132. (Review) Full Text
- Afifi, MS, Podgoraneau, M, and Grecu, L. "Does metabolic recovery predict time to extubation after cardiac surgery?." Critical Care Medicine 27, no. 1 SUPPL. (December 1, 1999).
- Afifi, S, Podgoreanu, M, and Grecu, L. "Arterial-venous Co-2 tension gradient (Pa-vCo(2)) reflects oxygen debt after cardiopulmonary bypass." CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE 27, no. 12 (December 1999): A77-A77. Link to Item
- Afifi, S, Podgoreanu, M, and Grecu, L. "ARTERIAL-VENOUS CO2 TENSION DIFFERENCE REFLECTS OXYGEN DEBT AFTER CARDIOPULMONARY BY-PASS." Critical Care Medicine 27, no. Supplement (December 1999): A110-A110. Full Text
- Afifi, S, Podgoreanu, M, and Grecu, L. "Arterial-venous CO2 tension difference reflects oxygen debt after cardiopulmonary bypass." Critical Care Medicine 27, no. 12 SUPPL. (1999): A110-.
- Afifi, S, Podgoreanu, M, and Grecu, L. "Arterial-venous CO2 tension gradient (Pa-vCO2) reflects oxygen debt after cardiopulmonary bypass." Critical Care Medicine 27, no. 12 SUPPL. (1999): A77-.
- Afifi, MS, Grecu, L, and Janaby, M. "Elevated pulmonary artery pressures are associated with longer duration of intubation following open heart surgery." Chest 114, no. 4 SUPPL. (October 1, 1998).
- Grecu, L. "Central and autonomic nervous systems." In Clinical Anesthesia Fundamentals. April 28, 2015.
- Grecu, L. "Autonomic nervous system: Physiology and pharmacology." In Clinical Anesthesia: Seventh Edition. March 1, 2013.
- Bittner, E, Grecu, L, and Martyn, JAJ. "Emergency room and acute care of the critically III burned patient." In Intensive Care Medicine: Annual Update 2007, 767-777. December 1, 2007. Full Text
- Grecu, L, Lecamwasam, H, Bittner, E, Bigatello, L, Qureshi, A, and Picard, M. "LIMITED ECHO EXAM OF CRITICALLY ILL PATIENTS BY TRAINED INTENSIVISTS." December 2005. Full Text
- Afifi, MS, Podgoraneau, M, and Grecu, L. "DOES METABOLIC RECOVERY PREDICT TIME TO EXTUBATION AFTER CARDIAC SURGERY?." January 1999. Full Text
- Afifi, MS, Fontes, ML, Grecu, L, Fitch, JCK, and Bell, C. "Decreased CO2 production and increased shunting prolongs time to extubation in MVR procedures." : LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS, April 1, 1998. Link to Item
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.