Benjamin Lewis Hechler
Assistant Professor of Surgery
I have training in oral and maxillofacial surgery with fellowship training in oral, head, and neck oncologic surgery. I treat head and neck cancers, salivary gland tumors, soft tissue and bony pathology of the head and neck, facial trauma, surgical temporomandibular joint disorders, and malformations of the face, head, and neck.
I treat patients at the Duke Aesthetic Center, Duke 1F Clinic, Duke University Hospital Operating Room, Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center, and the Durham VA Medical Center.
Current Research Interests
- Prognostic factors in oral squamous cell carcinoma
- Benign and malignant odontogenic tumors
- Medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw (MRONJ) and osteoradionecrosis (ORN)
- Surgical management of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Rheumatic diseases affecting the temporomandibular joint (particularly juvenile idiopathic arthritis)
Please contact me directly at email@example.com to schedule an appointment
Current Appointments & Affiliations
Education, Training, & Certifications
Presentations & Appearances
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.