- Structured Dictionary Models and Learning for High Resolution Images awarded by National Science Foundation 2013 - 2017
- MRI: Acquisition of a High-Resolution Stereoscopic Interactive Visualization System for Research and Education in Scienc awarded by National Science Foundation 2014 - 2016
- Multiscale Systems Immunology awarded by National Institutes of Health 2010 - 2015
- Mathematical Foundations of Multiscale Graph Representations and Interactive Learning awarded by National Science Foundation 2008 - 2014
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Yin, R, Monson, E, Honig, E, Daubechies, I, and Maggioni, M. "Object recognition in art drawings: Transfer of a neural network." May 18, 2016. Full Text
- Etemadpour, R, Monson, E, and Linsen, L. "The effect of stereoscopic immersive environments on projection-based multi-dimensional data visualization." December 1, 2013. Full Text
- Moreno, MJ, Monson, E, Reddy, RG, Rehemtulla, A, Ross, BD, Philbert, M, Schneider, RJ, and Kopelman, R. "Production of singlet oxygen by Ru(dpp(SO3)2)3 incorporated in polyacrylamide PEBBLES." April 2003. Full Text
- Horvath, T, Monson, E, Sumner, J, Xu, H, and Kopelman, R. "Use of steady-state fluorescence anisotropy with PEBBLE nanosensors for chemical analysis." January 1, 2002. Full Text
- Kopelman, R, Xu, H, Yan, F, Monson, EE, Tang, W, Schneider, R, and Philbert, MA. "Preparation and characterization of poly (ethylene glycol)-coated Stöber silica nanoparticles for biomedical applications." January 1, 2002. Full Text
- Monson, E, and Kopelman, R. "Experimental chemical kinetics of an A+B→0 system showing non-classical effects of initial reactant distribution." January 1, 1999.
- Clark, HA, Barker, SL, Brasuel, M, Miller, MT, Monson, E, Parus, S, Shi, Z-Y, Song, A, Thorsrud, B, Kopelman, R, Ade, A, Meixner, W, Athey, B, Hoyer, M, Hill, D, Lightle, R, and Philbert, MA. "Subcellular optochemical nanobiosensors: probes encapsulated by biologically localised embedding (PEBBLEs)." August 1998. Full Text
- Merritt, G, Monson, E, Betzig, E, and Kopelman, R. "A compact near-field scanning optical microscope." March 1998. Full Text
- Monson, E, Lin, AL, and Kopelman, R. "Anomalous diffusion-limited reaction kinetics of a phototrapping reaction." January 1, 1997.
- SMITH, S, MONSON, E, MERRITT, G, TAN, W, BIRNBAUM, D, SHI, ZY, THORSRUD, BA, HARRIS, C, GRAHN, HT, PLOOG, K, MERLIN, R, ORR, B, LANGMORE, J, and KOPELMAN, R. "TIP SAMPLE INTERACTIONS - CONTRAST AND NEAR-FIELD MICROSCOPY OF BIOLOGICAL AND SOLID-STATE SAMPLES." 1993. Full Text Link to Item
- Chan, C, Billard, M, Ramirez, SA, Schmidl, H, Monson, E, and Kepler, TB. "A model for migratory B cell oscillations from receptor down-regulation induced by external chemokine fields." Bull Math Biol 75, no. 1 (January 2013): 185-205. Full Text Link to Item
- Monson, EE, Chen, G, Brady, R, and Maggioni, M. "Data representation and exploration with geometric wavelets." VAST 10 - IEEE Conference on Visual Analytics Science and Technology 2010, Proceedings (December 1, 2010): 243-244. Full Text
- Catllá, AJ, Schaeffer, DG, Witelski, TP, Monson, EE, and Lin, AL. "On spiking models for synaptic activity and impulsive differential equations." SIAM Review 50, no. 3 (2008): 553-569. Full Text
- Horton, AC, Rácz, B, Monson, EE, Lin, AL, Weinberg, RJ, and Ehlers, MD. "Polarized secretory trafficking directs cargo for asymmetric dendrite growth and morphogenesis." Neuron 48, no. 5 (December 2005): 757-771. Full Text
- Monson, E, and Kopelman, R. "Nonclassical kinetics of an elementary A+B-->C reaction-diffusion system showing effects of a speckled initial reactant distribution and eventual self-segregation: experiments." Physical review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics 69, no. 2 Pt 1 (February 19, 2004): 021103-. Full Text
- Xu, H, Yan, F, Monson, EE, and Kopelman, R. "Room-temperature preparation and characterization of poly (ethylene glycol)-coated silica nanoparticles for biomedical applications." Journal of biomedical materials research. Part A 66, no. 4 (September 2003): 870-879.
- Sumner, JP, Aylott, JW, Monson, E, and Kopelman, R. "A fluorescent PEBBLE nanosensor for intracellular free zinc." The Analyst 127, no. 1 (January 2002): 11-16. Full Text
- Monson, E, and Kopelman, R. "Observation of laser speckle effects and nonclassical kinetics in an elementary chemical reaction." Physical review letters 85, no. 3 (July 2000): 666-669. Full Text
- Merritt, G, Monson, E, Betzig, E, and Kopelman, R. "A compact fluorescence and polarization near-field scanning optical microscope." Review of Scientific Instruments 69, no. 7 (July 1998): 2685-2690. Full Text
- Lin, AL, Monson, E, and Kopelman, R. "Nonclassical dimension-dependent kinetics of a photobleaching reaction in a focused laser beam “phototrap”." Physical Review E 56, no. 2 (August 1997): 1561-1566. Full Text
- Shortreed, M, Monson, E, and Kopelman, R. "Lifetime enhancement of ultrasmall fluorescent liquid polymeric film based optodes by diffusion-induced self-recovery after photobleaching." Analytical chemistry 68, no. 22 (November 1996): 4015-4019. Full Text
- KOPELMAN, SR, BAKKER, E, MONSON, E, MERRITT, G, ROSENZWEIG, Z, SHORTREED, M, PARUS, S, SMITH, S, FOX, T, SONG, A, TAN, W, CHEN, Y, and SHI, ZY. "ULTRA-SMALL FIBEROPTIC CHEMICAL AND BIOCHEMICAL SENSORS." ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 210 (August 20, 1995): 13-MTLS. Link to Item
- Monson, E, Merritt, G, Smith, S, Langmore, JP, and Kopelman, R. "Implementation of an NSOM system for fluorescence microscopy." Ultramicroscopy 57, no. 2-3 (February 1995): 257-262. Full Text
- Scholarly, Clinical, & Service Activities
Outreach & Engaged Scholarship
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.