Education, Training, & Certifications
- Fellow in Hematology and Oncology, Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 2004 - 2007
- Medical Resident, Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 2001 - 2004
- M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 2001
Duke Appointment History
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Zullig, LL, Kimmick, G, Smith, V, Little, K, Bosworth, HB, Gonzales, S, Oakes, MM, Shelby, RA, Owen, L, and Altomare, IP. "Using a geriatric oncology assessment to link with services (GOAL)." Journal of Geriatric Oncology 10, no. 1 (January 2019): 164-168. Full Text
- Chino, F, Peppercorn, JM, Rushing, C, Nicolla, J, Kamal, AH, Altomare, I, Samsa, G, and Zafar, SY. "Going for Broke: A Longitudinal Study of Patient-Reported Financial Sacrifice in Cancer Care." Journal of Oncology Practice 14, no. 9 (September 2018): e533-e546. Full Text
- Li, S, Molony, JT, Cetin, K, Wasser, JS, and Altomare, I. "Rate of bleeding-related episodes in elderly patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia: a retrospective cohort study." Current Medical Research and Opinion 34, no. 2 (February 2018): 209-216. Full Text
- Chino, F, Peppercorn, JM, Rushing, C, Kamal, AH, Altomare, I, Samsa, G, and Zafar, SY. "Out-of-Pocket Costs, Financial Distress, and Underinsurance in Cancer Care." Jama Oncology 3, no. 11 (November 2017): 1582-1584. Full Text
- Lin, J, Zhang, X, Li, X, Chandler, D, Altomare, I, Wasser, JS, and Cetin, K. "Cost of Bleeding-related Episodes in Adult Patients With Primary Immune Thrombocytopenia: A Population-based Retrospective Cohort Study of Administrative Claims Data for Commercial Payers in the United States." Clinical Therapeutics 39, no. 3 (March 2017): 603-609.e1. Full Text
- Altomare, I, Cetin, K, Wetten, S, and Wasser, JS. "Rate of bleeding-related episodes in adult patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia: A retrospective cohort study using a large administrative medical claims database in the US." Clinical Epidemiology 8 (June 20, 2016): 231-239. Full Text
- Altomare, I, Irwin, B, Zafar, SY, Houck, K, Maloney, B, Greenup, R, and Peppercorn, J. "Physician Experience and Attitudes Toward Addressing the Cost of Cancer Care." Journal of Oncology Practice 12, no. 3 (March 2016): e281-248. Full Text
- Cines, DB, Gernsheimer, T, Wasser, J, Godeau, B, Provan, D, Lyons, R, Altomare, I, Wang, X, and Lopez, A. "Integrated analysis of long-term safety in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopaenia (ITP) treated with the thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor agonist romiplostim." International journal of hematology 102, no. 3 (September 2015): 259-270. Full Text
- Zafar, SY, Chino, F, Ubel, PA, Rushing, C, Samsa, G, Altomare, I, Nicolla, J, Schrag, D, Tulsky, JA, Abernethy, AP, and Peppercorn, JM. "The utility of cost discussions between patients with cancer and oncologists." The American journal of managed care 21, no. 9 (September 2015): 607-615.
- Liu, Y, Starr, MD, Brady, JC, Rushing, C, Bulusu, A, Pang, H, Honeycutt, W, Amara, A, Altomare, I, Uronis, HE, Hurwitz, HI, and Nixon, AB. "Biomarker signatures correlate with clinical outcome in refractory metastatic colorectal cancer patients receiving bevacizumab and everolimus." Molecular cancer therapeutics 14, no. 4 (April 2015): 1048-1056. Full Text
- Nussbaum, N, and Altomare, I. "The neoadjuvant treatment of rectal cancer: a review." Current oncology reports 17, no. 3 (March 2015): 434-. (Review) Full Text
- Selleslag, D, Bird, R, Altomare, I, Giagounidis, A, Janssens, A, Pabinger, I, Pullarkat, V, Wei, H, and Kreuzbauer, G. "Impact of self-administration of romiplostim by patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia compared with administration by a healthcare provider." European journal of haematology 94, no. 2 (February 2015): 169-176. Full Text
- Bestvina, CM, Zullig, LL, Rushing, C, Chino, F, Samsa, GP, Altomare, I, Tulsky, J, Ubel, P, Schrag, D, Nicolla, J, Abernethy, AP, Peppercorn, J, and Zafar, SY. "Patient-oncologist cost communication, financial distress, and medication adherence." Journal of Oncology Practice 10, no. 3 (May 2014): 162-167. Full Text
- Showalter, K, Maize, J, Altomare, I, and Fisher, G. "Multiple myeloma diagnosed secondary to analysis of a lytic bone lesion encountered during mohs micrographic surgery." Dermatology Online Journal 19, no. 8 (August 21, 2013).
- Altomare, I, and Hurwitz, H. "Everolimus in colorectal cancer." Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy 14, no. 4 (2013): 505-513. Full Text
- Showalter, K, Jr, JM, Altomare, I, and Fisher, G. "Multiple myeloma diagnosed secondary to analysis of a lytic bone lesion encountered during mohs micrographic surgery." Dermatology Online Journal 19, no. 8 (2013).
- Uronis, HE, Bendell, JC, Altomare, I, Blobe, GC, Hsu, SD, Morse, MA, Pang, H, Zafar, SY, Conkling, P, Favaro, J, Arrowood, CC, Cushman, SM, Meadows, KL, Brady, JC, Nixon, AB, and Hurwitz, HI. "A phase II study of capecitabine, oxaliplatin, and bevacizumab in the treatment of metastatic esophagogastric adenocarcinomas." The Oncologist 18, no. 3 (January 2013): 271-272. Full Text
- Altomare, I, Wasser, J, and Pullarkat, V. "Bleeding and mortality outcomes in ITP clinical trials: A review of thrombopoietin mimetics data." American Journal of Hematology 87, no. 10 (2012): 984-987. Full Text
- Altomare, I, Bendell, JC, Bullock, KE, Uronis, HE, Morse, MA, Hsu, SD, Zafar, SY, Blobe, GC, Pang, H, Honeycutt, W, Sutton, L, and Hurwitz, HI. "A phase II trial of bevacizumab plus everolimus for patients with refractory metastatic colorectal cancer." The Oncologist 16, no. 8 (January 2011): 1131-1137. Full Text
- Hilari, JM, Mangas, C, Xi, L, Paradelo, C, Ferrándiz, C, Hughes, SJ, Yueh, C, Altomare, I, Gooding, WE, and Godfrey, TE. "Molecular staging of pathologically negative sentinel lymph nodes from melanoma patients using multimarker, quantitative real-time RT-PCR." Annals of Surgical Oncology 16, no. 1 (2009): 177-185. Full Text
- Altomare, I, Adler, A, and Aledort, LM. "The 5, 10 methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T mutation and risk of fetal loss: A case series and review of the literature." Thrombosis Journal 5 (October 17, 2007). Full Text
- Altomare, I, Desman, G, and Aledort, LM. "Echinocytosis - An unusual manifestation of hemangioma." American Journal of Hematology 81, no. 7 (2006): 532-534. Full Text
- Lapointe, R, Royal, RE, Reeves, ME, Altomare, I, Robbins, PF, and Hwu, P. "Retrovirally transduced human dendritic cells can generate T cells recognizing multiple MHC class I and class II epitopes from the melanoma antigen glycoprotein 100." Journal of Immunology 167, no. 8 (2001): 4758-4764.
- Irwin, B, Kimmick, G, Altomare, I, Marcom, PK, Houck, K, Zafar, SY, and Peppercorn, J. "Patient experience and attitudes toward addressing the cost of breast cancer care." November 2014. Full Text
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.