Education, Training, & Certifications
- Fellow in Hematology and Oncology, Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 2004 - 2007
- Medical Resident, Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 2001 - 2004
- M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey 2001
Duke Appointment History
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Irwin, B, Kimmick, G, Altomare, I, Marcom, PK, Houck, K, Zafar, SY, and Peppercorn, J. "Patient experience and attitudes toward addressing the cost of breast cancer care." November 2014. Full Text
- Chino, F, Peppercorn, JM, Rushing, C, Kamal, AH, Altomare, I, Samsa, G, and Zafar, SY. "Out-of-Pocket Costs, Financial Distress, and Underinsurance in Cancer Care." JAMA oncology 3, no. 11 (November 2017): 1582-1584. Full Text
- Li, S, Molony, JT, Cetin, K, Wasser, JS, and Altomare, I. "Rate of bleeding-related episodes in elderly patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia: a retrospective cohort study." Current Medical Research and Opinion (August 24, 2017): 1-8. Full Text
- Lin, J, Zhang, X, Li, X, Chandler, D, Altomare, I, Wasser, JS, and Cetin, K. "Cost of Bleeding-related Episodes in Adult Patients With Primary Immune Thrombocytopenia: A Population-based Retrospective Cohort Study of Administrative Claims Data for Commercial Payers in the United States." Clinical therapeutics 39, no. 3 (March 2017): 603-609.e1. Full Text
- Altomare, I, Irwin, B, Zafar, SY, Houck, K, Maloney, B, Greenup, R, and Peppercorn, J. "Physician Experience and Attitudes Toward Addressing the Cost of Cancer Care." Journal of oncology practice 12, no. 3 (March 2016): e281-248. Full Text
- Cines, DB, Gernsheimer, T, Wasser, J, Godeau, B, Provan, D, Lyons, R, Altomare, I, Wang, X, and Lopez, A. "Integrated analysis of long-term safety in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopaenia (ITP) treated with the thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor agonist romiplostim." International journal of hematology 102, no. 3 (September 2015): 259-270. Full Text
- Zafar, SY, Chino, F, Ubel, PA, Rushing, C, Samsa, G, Altomare, I, Nicolla, J, Schrag, D, Tulsky, JA, Abernethy, AP, and Peppercorn, JM. "The utility of cost discussions between patients with cancer and oncologists." The American journal of managed care 21, no. 9 (September 2015): 607-615.
- Liu, Y, Starr, MD, Brady, JC, Rushing, C, Bulusu, A, Pang, H, Honeycutt, W, Amara, A, Altomare, I, Uronis, HE, Hurwitz, HI, and Nixon, AB. "Biomarker signatures correlate with clinical outcome in refractory metastatic colorectal cancer patients receiving bevacizumab and everolimus." Molecular cancer therapeutics 14, no. 4 (April 2015): 1048-1056. Full Text
- Nussbaum, N, and Altomare, I. "The neoadjuvant treatment of rectal cancer: a review." Current oncology reports 17, no. 3 (March 2015): 434-. (Review) Full Text
- Selleslag, D, Bird, R, Altomare, I, Giagounidis, A, Janssens, A, Pabinger, I, Pullarkat, V, Wei, H, and Kreuzbauer, G. "Impact of self-administration of romiplostim by patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia compared with administration by a healthcare provider." European journal of haematology 94, no. 2 (February 2015): 169-176. Full Text
- Bestvina, CM, Zullig, LL, Rushing, C, Chino, F, Samsa, GP, Altomare, I, Tulsky, J, Ubel, P, Schrag, D, Nicolla, J, Abernethy, AP, Peppercorn, J, and Zafar, SY. "Patient-oncologist cost communication, financial distress, and medication adherence." Journal of oncology practice 10, no. 3 (May 2014): 162-167. Full Text
- Showalter, K, Maize, J, Altomare, I, and Fisher, G. "Multiple myeloma diagnosed secondary to analysis of a lytic bone lesion encountered during mohs micrographic surgery." Dermatology Online Journal 19, no. 8 (August 21, 2013).
- Altomare, I, and Hurwitz, H. "Everolimus in colorectal cancer." Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy 14, no. 4 (2013): 505-513. Full Text
- Showalter, K, Jr, JM, Altomare, I, and Fisher, G. "Multiple myeloma diagnosed secondary to analysis of a lytic bone lesion encountered during mohs micrographic surgery." Dermatology Online Journal 19, no. 8 (2013).
- Uronis, HE, Bendell, JC, Altomare, I, Blobe, GC, Hsu, SD, Morse, MA, Pang, H, Zafar, SY, Conkling, P, Favaro, J, Arrowood, CC, Cushman, SM, Meadows, KL, Brady, JC, Nixon, AB, and Hurwitz, HI. "A phase II study of capecitabine, oxaliplatin, and bevacizumab in the treatment of metastatic esophagogastric adenocarcinomas." Oncologist 18, no. 3 (2013): 271-272. Full Text Link to Item
- Altomare, I, Wasser, J, and Pullarkat, V. "Bleeding and mortality outcomes in ITP clinical trials: A review of thrombopoietin mimetics data." American Journal of Hematology 87, no. 10 (2012): 984-987. Full Text
- Altomare, I, Bendell, JC, Bullock, KE, Uronis, HE, Morse, MA, Hsu, SD, Zafar, SY, Blobe, GC, Pang, H, Honeycutt, W, Sutton, L, and Hurwitz, HI. "A phase II trial of bevacizumab plus everolimus for patients with refractory metastatic colorectal cancer." Oncologist 16, no. 8 (2011): 1131-1137. Full Text Link to Item
- Hilari, JM, Mangas, C, Xi, L, Paradelo, C, Ferrándiz, C, Hughes, SJ, Yueh, C, Altomare, I, Gooding, WE, and Godfrey, TE. "Molecular staging of pathologically negative sentinel lymph nodes from melanoma patients using multimarker, quantitative real-time RT-PCR." Annals of Surgical Oncology 16, no. 1 (2009): 177-185. Full Text
- Altomare, I, Adler, A, and Aledort, LM. "The 5, 10 methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T mutation and risk of fetal loss: A case series and review of the literature." Thrombosis Journal 5 (2007). Full Text
- Altomare, I, Desman, G, and Aledort, LM. "Echinocytosis - An unusual manifestation of hemangioma." American Journal of Hematology 81, no. 7 (2006): 532-534. Full Text
- Lapointe, R, Royal, RE, Reeves, ME, Altomare, I, Robbins, PF, and Hwu, P. "Retrovirally transduced human dendritic cells can generate T cells recognizing multiple MHC class I and class II epitopes from the melanoma antigen glycoprotein 100." Journal of Immunology 167, no. 8 (2001): 4758-4764.
- Cetin, K, Altomare, I, Wetten, S, and Wasser, J. "Rate of bleeding-related episodes in adult patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia: a retrospective cohort study using a large administrative medical claims database in the US (Published online)." Clinical Epidemiology : 231-231. Full Text
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.