Education, Training, & Certifications
- Infectious Diseases Fellowship, University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine 1992 - 1996
- Internal Medicine Residency, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Southwestern Medical School 1989 - 1992
- M.D., University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine 1989
Duke Appointment History
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Shaw, BI, Nanavati, AJ, Taylor, V, Miller, RA, Kappus, M, and Barbas, AS. "Donor derived HSV hepatitis in a kidney transplant recipient leading to liver fibrosis and portal hypertension." Transplant Infectious Disease : an Official Journal of the Transplantation Society 21, no. 1 (February 2019): e13029-null. Full Text
- Miller, RA. "A Case for Antifungal Stewardship." Current Fungal Infection Reports 12, no. 1 (March 2018): 33-43. Full Text
- Mathur, G, Yadav, K, Ford, B, Schafer, IJ, Basavaraju, SV, Knust, B, Shieh, W-J, Hill, S, Locke, GD, Quinlisk, P, Brown, S, Gibbons, A, Cannon, D, Kuehnert, M, Nichol, ST, Rollin, PE, Ströher, U, and Miller, R. "High clinical suspicion of donor-derived disease leads to timely recognition and early intervention to treat solid organ transplant-transmitted lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus." Transplant Infectious Disease 19, no. 4 (August 2017): e12707-e12707. Full Text
- Singh, N, Sifri, CD, Silveira, FP, Miller, R, Gregg, KS, Huprikar, S, Lease, ED, Zimmer, A, Dummer, JS, Spak, CW, Koval, C, Banach, DB, Shroff, M, Le, J, Ostrander, D, Avery, R, Eid, A, Razonable, RR, Montero, J, Blumberg, E, Alynbiawi, A, Morris, MI, Randall, HB, Alangaden, G, Tessier, J, Cacciarelli, TV, Wagener, MM, and Sun, HY. "Unique characteristics of cryptococcosis identified after death in patients with liver cirrhosis: comparison with concurrent cohort diagnosed antemortem." Medical Mycology 55, no. 3 (April 2017): 278-284. Full Text
- Beaird, OE, Freifeld, A, Ison, MG, Lawrence, SJ, Theodoropoulos, N, Clark, NM, Razonable, RR, Alangaden, G, Miller, R, Smith, J, Young, JAH, Hawkinson, D, Pursell, K, and Kaul, DR. "Current practices for treatment of respiratory syncytial virus and other non-influenza respiratory viruses in high-risk patient populations: a survey of institutions in the Midwestern Respiratory Virus Collaborative." Transplant Infectious Disease 18, no. 2 (April 2016): 210-215. Full Text
- Singh, N, Sifri, CD, Silveira, FP, Miller, R, Gregg, KS, Huprikar, S, Lease, ED, Zimmer, A, Dummer, JS, Spak, CW, Koval, C, Banach, DB, Shroff, M, Le, J, Ostrander, D, Avery, R, Eid, A, Razonable, RR, Montero, J, Blumberg, E, Alynbiawi, A, Morris, MI, Randall, HB, Alangaden, G, Tessier, J, Wagener, MM, and Sun, HY. "Cryptococcosis in Patients With Cirrhosis of the Liver and Posttransplant Outcomes." Transplantation 99, no. 10 (October 2015): 2132-2141. Full Text
- Vergidis, P, Avery, RK, Wheat, LJ, Dotson, JL, Assi, MA, Antoun, SA, Hamoud, KA, Burdette, SD, Freifeld, AG, McKinsey, DS, Money, ME, Myint, T, Andes, DR, Hoey, CA, Kaul, DA, Dickter, JK, Liebers, DE, Miller, RA, Muth, WE, Prakash, V, Steiner, FT, Walker, RC, and Hage, CA. "Histoplasmosis Complicating Tumor Necrosis Factor–α Blocker Therapy: A Retrospective Analysis of 98 Cases." Clinical Infectious Diseases 61, no. 3 (August 1, 2015): 409-417. Full Text
- Miller, R, Covington, S, Taranto, S, Carrico, R, Ehsan, A, Friedman, B, Green, M, Ison, MG, Kaul, D, Kubak, B, Lebovitz, DJ, Lyon, GM, Nalesnik, MA, Pruett, TL, Teperman, L, Vasudev, B, and Blumberg, E. "Communication Gaps Associated With Donor-Derived Infections." American Journal of Transplantation 15, no. 1 (January 2015): 259-264. Full Text
- Miller, R. "Solid organ transplant donors with central nervous system infections." Transplantation 98, no. 6 (September 27, 2014): 666-670.
- Gelijns, AC, Moskowitz, AJ, Acker, MA, Argenziano, M, Geller, NL, Puskas, JD, Perrault, LP, Smith, PK, Kron, IL, Michler, RE, Miller, MA, Gardner, TJ, Ascheim, DD, Ailawadi, G, Lackner, P, Goldsmith, LA, Robichaud, S, Miller, RA, Rose, EA, Ferguson, TB, Horvath, KA, Moquete, EG, Parides, MK, Bagiella, E, O'Gara, PT, Blackstone, EH, and Cardiothoracic Surgical Trials Network (CTSN), . "Management practices and major infections after cardiac surgery." Journal of the American College of Cardiology 64, no. 4 (July 2014): 372-381. Full Text
- "Notes From the Field: A Cluster of Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus Infections Transmitted Through Organ Transplantation-Iowa, 2013." American Journal of Transplantation 14, no. 6 (June 2014): 1459-1459. Full Text
- Assi, M, Martin, S, Wheat, LJ, Hage, C, Freifeld, A, Avery, R, Baddley, JW, Vergidis, P, Miller, R, Andes, D, Young, J-AH, Hammoud, K, Huprikar, S, McKinsey, D, Myint, T, Garcia-Diaz, J, Esguerra, E, Kwak, EJ, Morris, M, Mullane, KM, Prakash, V, Burdette, SD, Sandid, M, Dickter, J, Ostrander, D, Antoun, SA, and Kaul, DR. "Histoplasmosis After Solid Organ Transplant." Clinical Infectious Diseases 57, no. 11 (December 1, 2013): 1542-1549. Full Text
- Miller, R, and Assi, M. "Endemic Fungal Infections in Solid Organ Transplantation." American Journal of Transplantation 13, no. s4 (March 2013): 250-261. Full Text
- Miller, RA, Burdette, SD, Levi, M, Beekmann, SE, Polgreen, PM, and Kuehnert, MJ. "Communication gaps for solid organ transplant-transmitted infections among infectious disease physicians: an Emerging Infections Network survey." Transplant Infectious Disease 15, no. 1 (February 2013): 8-13. Full Text
- Grim, SA, Proia, L, Miller, R, Alhyraba, M, Costas-Chavarri, A, Oberholzer, J, and Clark, NM. "A multicenter study of histoplasmosis and blastomycosis after solid organ transplantation." Transplant Infectious Disease 14, no. 1 (February 2012): 17-23. Full Text
- Wibbenmeyer, L, Williams, I, Liao, J, Heard, J, Kealey, GP, and Miller, R. "A Pilot Study of the Use of Biocide-Impregnated Gauze as an Adjunct to Wound Care in a Burn Population." Journal of Burn Care & Research 33, no. 3 (2012): 358-363. Full Text
- Miller, RA. "unique characteristics of cryptococcosis identified after death in patients with liver cirrhosis."
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.