Education, Training, & Certifications
- Infectious Diseases Fellowship, University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine 1992 - 1996
- Internal Medicine Residency, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Southwestern Medical School 1989 - 1992
- M.D., University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine 1989
Duke Appointment History
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Miller, RA. "A Case for Antifungal Stewardship." Current Fungal Infection Reports 12, no. 1 (March 1, 2018): 33-43. (Review) Full Text
- Mathur, G, Yadav, K, Ford, B, Schafer, IJ, Basavaraju, SV, Knust, B, Shieh, W-J, Hill, S, Locke, GD, Quinlisk, P, Brown, S, Gibbons, A, Cannon, D, Kuehnert, M, Nichol, ST, Rollin, PE, Ströher, U, and Miller, R. "High clinical suspicion of donor-derived disease leads to timely recognition and early intervention to treat solid organ transplant-transmitted lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus." Transplant Infectious Disease 19, no. 4 (August 2017): e12707-e12707. Full Text
- Beaird, O, Freifeld, A, Ison, M, Lawrence, S, Theodoropoulos, N, Clark, N, Razonable, R, Alangaden, G, Miller, R, Smith, J, Young, J, Hawkinson, D, Pursell, K, and Kaul, D. "Current practices for treatment of respiratory syncytial virus and other non-influenza respiratory viruses in high-risk patient populations: a survey of institutions in the Midwestern Respiratory Virus Collaborative." Transplant Infectious Disease 18, no. 2 (April 2016): 210-215. Full Text
- Singh, N, Sifri, CD, Silveira, FP, Miller, R, Gregg, KS, Huprikar, S, Lease, ED, Zimmer, A, Dummer, JS, Spak, CW, Koval, C, Banach, DB, Shroff, M, Le, J, Ostrander, D, Avery, R, Eid, A, Razonable, RR, Montero, J, Blumberg, E, Alynbiawi, A, Morris, MI, Randall, HB, Alangaden, G, Tessier, J, Wagener, MM, and Sun, HY. "Cryptococcosis in Patients With Cirrhosis of the Liver and Posttransplant Outcomes." Transplantation 99, no. 10 (October 2015): 2132-2141. Full Text
- Vergidis, P, Avery, RK, Wheat, LJ, Dotson, JL, Assi, MA, Antoun, SA, Hamoud, KA, Burdette, SD, Freifeld, AG, McKinsey, DS, Money, ME, Myint, T, Andes, DR, Hoey, CA, Kaul, DA, Dickter, JK, Liebers, DE, Miller, RA, Muth, WE, Prakash, V, Steiner, FT, Walker, RC, and Hage, CA. "Histoplasmosis Complicating Tumor Necrosis Factor–α Blocker Therapy: A Retrospective Analysis of 98 Cases." Clinical Infectious Diseases 61, no. 3 (August 1, 2015): 409-417. Full Text
- Miller, R, Covington, S, Taranto, S, Carrico, R, Ehsan, A, Friedman, B, Green, M, Ison, MG, Kaul, D, Kubak, B, Lebovitz, DJ, Lyon, GM, Nalesnik, MA, Pruett, TL, Teperman, L, Vasudev, B, and Blumberg, E. "Communication Gaps Associated With Donor-Derived Infections." American Journal of Transplantation 15, no. 1 (January 2015): 259-264. Full Text
- Miller, R. "Solid organ transplant donors with central nervous system infections." Transplantation 98, no. 6 (September 27, 2014): 666-670.
- Gelijns, AC, Moskowitz, AJ, Acker, MA, Argenziano, M, Geller, NL, Puskas, JD, Perrault, LP, Smith, PK, Kron, IL, Michler, RE, Miller, MA, Gardner, TJ, Ascheim, DD, Ailawadi, G, Lackner, P, Goldsmith, LA, Robichaud, S, Miller, RA, Rose, EA, Ferguson, TB, Horvath, KA, Moquete, EG, Parides, MK, Bagiella, E, O'Gara, PT, Blackstone, EH, and Cardiothoracic Surgical Trials Network (CTSN), . "Management practices and major infections after cardiac surgery." Journal of the American College of Cardiology 64, no. 4 (July 2014): 372-381. Full Text
- "Notes From the Field: A Cluster of Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus Infections Transmitted Through Organ Transplantation-Iowa, 2013." American Journal of Transplantation 14, no. 6 (June 2014): 1459-1459. Full Text
- Assi, M, Martin, S, Wheat, LJ, Hage, C, Freifeld, A, Avery, R, Baddley, JW, Vergidis, P, Miller, R, Andes, D, Young, J-AH, Hammoud, K, Huprikar, S, McKinsey, D, Myint, T, Garcia-Diaz, J, Esguerra, E, Kwak, EJ, Morris, M, Mullane, KM, Prakash, V, Burdette, SD, Sandid, M, Dickter, J, Ostrander, D, Antoun, SA, and Kaul, DR. "Histoplasmosis After Solid Organ Transplant." Clinical Infectious Diseases 57, no. 11 (December 1, 2013): 1542-1549. Full Text
- Miller, R, and Assi, M. "Endemic Fungal Infections in Solid Organ Transplantation." American Journal of Transplantation 13, no. s4 (March 2013): 250-261. Full Text
- Miller, R, Burdette, S, Levi, M, Beekmann, S, Polgreen, P, and Kuehnert, M. "Communication gaps for solid organ transplant-transmitted infections among infectious disease physicians: an Emerging Infections Network survey." Transplant Infectious Disease 15, no. 1 (February 2013): 8-13. Full Text
- Grim, S, Proia, L, Miller, R, Alhyraba, M, Costas-Chavarri, A, Oberholzer, J, and Clark, N. "A multicenter study of histoplasmosis and blastomycosis after solid organ transplantation." Transplant Infectious Disease 14, no. 1 (February 2012): 17-23. Full Text
- Wibbenmeyer, L, Williams, I, Liao, J, Heard, J, Kealey, GP, and Miller, R. "A Pilot Study of the Use of Biocide-Impregnated Gauze as an Adjunct to Wound Care in a Burn Population." Journal of Burn Care & Research 33, no. 3 (2012): 358-363. Full Text
- Miller, RA. "unique characteristics of cryptococcosis identified after death in patients with liver cirrhosis."
- Singh, N, Sifri, CD, Silveira, FP, Miller, R, Gregg, KS, Huprikar, S, Lease, ED, Zimmer, A, Dummer, JS, Spak, CW, Koval, C, Banach, DB, Shroff, M, Le, J, Ostrander, D, Avery, R, Eid, A, Razonable, RR, Montero, J, Blumberg, E, Alynbiawi, A, Morris, MI, Randall, HB, Alangaden, G, Tessier, J, Cacciarelli, TV, Wagener, MM, and Sun, HY. "Unique characteristics of cryptococcosis identified after death in patients with liver cirrhosis: comparison with concurrent cohort diagnosed antemortem (Published online)." Medical Mycology : myw079-myw079. Full Text
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.