Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Fudim, M, Jones, WS, Boortz-Marx, RL, Ganesh, A, Green, CL, Hernandez, AF, and Patel, MR. "Splanchnic Nerve Block for Acute Heart Failure." Circulation 138, no. 9 (August 2018): 951-953. (Letter) Full Text
- Fudim, M, Boortz-Marx, R, Ganesh, A, Waldron, NH, Qadri, YJ, Patel, CB, Milano, CA, Sun, AY, Mathew, JP, and Piccini, JP. "Stellate ganglion blockade for the treatment of refractory ventricular arrhythmias: A systematic review and meta-analysis." Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 28, no. 12 (December 2017): 1460-1467. (Review) Full Text
- Boortz-Marx, R, Qadri, MYJ, Roy, L, Pope, JE, Deer, TR, and Runyon, SL. "Through the Looking Glass: Specialty Influence on SCS Outcomes." Neuromodulation : journal of the International Neuromodulation Society 20, no. 7 (October 2017): 740-741. (Letter) Full Text
- Fudim, M, Boortz-Marx, R, Patel, CB, Sun, AY, and Piccini, JP. "Autonomic Modulation for the Treatment of Ventricular Arrhythmias: Therapeutic Use of Percutaneous Stellate Ganglion Blocks." Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 28, no. 4 (April 2017): 446-449. Full Text
- Han, JL, Loriaux, DB, Tybout, C, Kinon, MD, Rahimpour, S, Runyon, SL, Hopkins, TJ, Boortz-Marx, RL, and Lad, SP. "Thoracic Nerve Root Entrapment by Intrathecal Catheter Coiling: Case Report and Review of the Literature." Pain physician 19, no. 3 (March 2016): E499-E504. (Review)
- Pahapill, PA. "Surgical Paddle-Lead Placement for Screening Trials of Spinal Cord Stimulation." Neuromodulation: Technology at the Neural Interface 17, no. 4 (June 2014): 346-348. Full Text
- Chaiban, GM, Davidov, M, Cummings, JE, Lehrian, LE, Yee, EMY, Dugan, A, Almualim, MS, and Atallah, JN. "The Cross-Talk Between Spinal Cord Stimulators and the Confirm™ Cardiac Monitor." Neuromodulation: Technology at the Neural Interface 17, no. 1 (January 2014): 42-47. Full Text
- Zipes, DP, Svorkdal, N, Berman, D, Boortz-Marx, R, Henry, T, Lerman, A, Ross, E, Turner, M, and Irwin, C. "Spinal cord stimulation therapy for patients with refractory angina who are not candidates for revascularization." Neuromodulation : journal of the International Neuromodulation Society 15, no. 6 (November 2012): 550-558. Full Text
- Bortsov, AV, Millikan, RC, Belfer, I, Boortz-Marx, RL, Arora, H, and McLean, SA. "μ-Opioid receptor gene A118G polymorphism predicts survival in patients with breast cancer." Anesthesiology 116, no. 4 (April 2012): 896-902. Full Text
- Stearns, L, Boortz-Marx, R, Du Pen, S, Friehs, G, Gordon, M, Halyard, M, Herbst, L, and Kiser, J. "Intrathecal drug delivery for the management of cancer pain: a multidisciplinary consensus of best clinical practices." The journal of supportive oncology 3, no. 6 (November 2005): 399-408.
- Smith, TJ, Coyne, PJ, Staats, PS, Deer, T, Stearns, LJ, Rauck, RL, Boortz-Marx, RL, Buchser, E, Català, E, Bryce, DA, Cousins, M, and Pool, GE. "An implantable drug delivery system (IDDS) for refractory cancer pain provides sustained pain control, less drug-related toxicity, and possibly better survival compared with comprehensive medical management (CMM)." Annals of Oncology : Official Journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology 16, no. 5 (May 2005): 825-833. Full Text
- Follett, KA, Boortz-Marx, RL, Drake, JM, DuPen, S, Schneider, SJ, Turner, MS, and Coffey, RJ. "Prevention and management of intrathecal drug delivery and spinal cord stimulation system infections." Anesthesiology 100, no. 6 (June 2004): 1582-1594. (Review) Full Text
- Smith, TJ, Staats, PS, Deer, T, Stearns, LJ, Rauck, RL, Boortz-Marx, RL, Buchser, E, Català, E, Bryce, DA, Coyne, PJ, and Pool, GE. "Randomized Clinical Trial of an Implantable Drug Delivery System Compared With Comprehensive Medical Management for Refractory Cancer Pain: Impact on Pain, Drug-Related Toxicity, and Survival." Journal of Clinical Oncology 20, no. 19 (October 2002): 4040-4049. Full Text
- Boortz-Marx, RL, Clark, HB, Taylor, S, Wesa, KM, and Anderson, DC. "Sneddon's syndrome with granulomatous leptomeningeal infiltration." Stroke 26, no. 3 (March 1995): 492-495. Full Text
- Boortz-Marx, RL, Bisnaire, DL, and Moore, G. "Carotid endarterectomy: indications and complications." Axone (Dartmouth, N.S.) 8, no. 3 (March 1987): 79-84.
- Boortz-Marx, R. "Factors affecting intracranial pressure: a descriptive study." Journal of neurosurgical nursing 17, no. 2 (April 1985): 89-94.
- Kumar, MM, and Boortz-Marx, RL. "Fatal pain relief: Local anesthetics, intrathecal morphine." In A Case Approach to Perioperative Drug-Drug Interactions, 229-231. September 15, 2015. Full Text
- Bortsov, AV, Millikan, RC, Belfer, I, Boortz-Marx, RL, Arora, H, and Mc Lean, SA. "Genetic Polymorphisms in the m -Opioid Receptor Gene and Breast Cancer Survival." In Morphine and Metastasis, 95-112. January 1, 2013. Full Text
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.