Timothy Dale Faw
Medical Instructor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
I am a Medical Instructor in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Division with training as a neuroscientist and physical therapist. My translational research investigates the neurobiology of spinal cord injury (SCI) and recovery, including novel interventions to improve outcomes after SCI. To do this, I utilize small animal models of clinically-relevant SCI alongside clinical trials in human participants with SCI. I am specifically interested in the roles of neuroinflammation and rehabilitation in motor learning, myelin plasticity, and recovery of motor function after SCI.
Current Appointments & Affiliations
- Medical Instructor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Physical Therapy, Orthopaedic Surgery 2020
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences, Duke Institute for Brain Sciences, University Institutes and Centers 2020
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center, Regeneration Next Initiative, Basic Science Departments 2021
- 311 Trent Drive, Durham, NC 27710
- email@example.com (919) 613-8699
- Duke DPT Faculty Webpage
- ORCID Webpage
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.