Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Myocardial Gene Transfer during Cardiac Surgery in Swine awarded by National Institutes of Health 2003 - 2008
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Puskas, JD, Halkos, ME, DeRose, JJ, Bagiella, E, Miller, MA, Overbey, J, Bonatti, J, Srinivas, VS, Vesely, M, Sutter, F, Lynch, J, Kirkwood, K, Shapiro, TA, Boudoulas, KD, Crestanello, J, Gehrig, T, Smith, P, Ragosta, M, Hoff, SJ, Zhao, D, Gelijns, AC, Szeto, WY, Weisz, G, Argenziano, M, Vassiliades, T, Liberman, H, Matthai, W, and Ascheim, DD. "Hybrid Coronary Revascularization for the Treatment of Multivessel Coronary Artery Disease: A Multicenter Observational Study." Journal of the American College of Cardiology 68, no. 4 (July 2016): 356-365. Full Text
- Vora, AN, Gehrig, T, Bashore, TM, and Kiefer, TL. "Treatment of mechanical aortic valve thrombosis with heparin and eptifibatide." Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 38, no. 1 (July 2014): 73-77. Full Text
- Kiefer, TL, Vavalle, JP, Devore, A, Patel, CB, Rogers, J, Milano, C, Gehrig, TR, and Harrison, JK. "Ascending aorta to main pulmonary artery fistula following orthotopic heart transplantation: successful percutaneous closure employing an Amplatzer Duct Occluder." JACC. Cardiovascular interventions 7, no. 3 (March 2014): e25-e27. Full Text
- Schlendorf, K, Patel, CB, Gehrig, T, Kiefer, TL, Felker, GM, Hernandez, AF, Blue, LJ, Milano, CA, and Rogers, JG. "Thrombolytic therapy for thrombosis of continuous flow ventricular assist devices." Journal of Cardiac Failure 20, no. 2 (February 2014): 91-97. Full Text
- "Treatment of mechanical aortic valve thrombosis with heparin and eptifibatide." Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 38, no. 1 (January 1, 2014): 73-77. Full Text
- Zhu, H, Ding, Z, Piana, RN, Gehrig, TR, and Friedman, MH. "Cataloguing the geometry of the human coronary arteries: a potential tool for predicting risk of coronary artery disease." Int J Cardiol 135, no. 1 (June 12, 2009): 43-52. Full Text Link to Item
- Glower, DD, Bashore, TM, Harrison, JK, Wang, A, Gehrig, T, and Rankin, JS. "Pure annular dilation as a cause of mitral regurgitation: a clinically distinct entity of female heart disease." J Heart Valve Dis 18, no. 3 (May 2009): 284-288. Link to Item
- Liang, Y, Zhu, H, Gehrig, T, and Friedman, MH. "Measurement of the transverse strain tensor in the coronary arterial wall from clinical intravascular ultrasound images." Journal of Biomechanics 41, no. 14 (2008): 2906-2911. Full Text
- "Coronary artery wall strain estimation from clinical IVUS images." Proceedings of the Asme Summer Bioengineering Conference 2007, Sbc 2007 (December 1, 2007): 173-174.
- Liang, Y, Zhu, H, Gehrig, T, and Friedman, M. "ESTIMATION OF CORONARY ARTERIAL WALL STRAIN IN CLINICAL IVUS IMAGES." 2007 4th Ieee International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro (2007). Full Text
- James, AH, Brancazio, LR, Gehrig, TR, Wang, A, and Ortel, TL. "Low-molecular-weight heparin for thromboprophylaxis in pregnant women with mechanical heart valves." The Journal of Maternal Fetal & Neonatal Medicine : the Official Journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians 19, no. 9 (September 2006): 543-549. (Review) Full Text
- Gehrig, TR, Koch, WJ, and Milano, CA. "A Gβγ inhibitor reduces intimal hyperplasia in aortocoronary saphenous vein grafts." Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 130, no. 6 (December 1, 2005): 1683-1690. Full Text
- Hata, JA, Petrofski, JA, Schroder, JN, Williams, ML, Timberlake, SH, Pippen, A, Corwin, MT, Solan, AK, Jakoi, A, Gehrig, TR, Kontos, CD, and Milano, CA. "Modulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling reduces intimal hyperplasia in aortocoronary saphenous vein grafts." The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 129, no. 6 (June 2005): 1405-1413. Full Text
- Meine, TJ, Patel, MR, Heitner, J, Fortin, TA, Pagnanelli, RA, Gehrig, TR, Kim, R, and Borges-Neto, S. "Cardiac imaging impaired by a silicone breast implant." Clin Nucl Med 30, no. 4 (April 2005): 262-264. Link to Item
- Petrofski, JA, Hata, JA, Williams, ML, Parsa, CJ, Thompson, RB, Hanish, SI, Gehrig, TR, Koch, WJ, and Milano, CA. "A Gβγ inhibitor reduces intimal hyperplasia in aortocoronary saphenous vein grafts." Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 130, no. 6 (2005): 1683-1690. Full Text
- Petrofski, JA, Hata, JA, Gehrig, TR, Hanish, SI, Williams, ML, Thompson, RB, Parsa, CJ, Koch, WJ, and Milano, CA. "Gene delivery to aortocoronary saphenous vein grafts in a large animal model of intimal hyperplasia." The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 127, no. 1 (January 2004): 27-33. Full Text
- Bashore, TM, and Gehrig, T. "Cholesterol emboli after invasive cardiac procedures." J Am Coll Cardiol 42, no. 2 (July 16, 2003): 217-218. (Review) Link to Item
- Warner, JJ, Gehrig, TR, and Behar, VS. "The VB-1 catheter: an improved catheter for difficult-to-engage internal mammary artery grafts." Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 59, no. 3 (July 2003): 361-365. (Review) Full Text Link to Item
- Zhu, H, Warner, JJ, Gehrig, TR, and Friedman, MH. "Comparison of coronary artery dynamics pre- and post-stenting." Journal of Biomechanics 36, no. 5 (May 2003): 689-697. Full Text
- "Effects of stenting on coronary artery dynamics." Annual International Conference of the Ieee Engineering in Medicine and Biology Proceedings 2 (December 1, 2002): 1285-1286.
- Bashore, TM, and Gehrig, TR. "Role of coronary angiography in acute coronary artery syndromes." Current Problems in Cardiology 27, no. 10 (2002): 405-445.
- Gehrig, TR, Sketch, MH, and Tcheng, JE. "No jacket required." J Invasive Cardiol 13, no. 7 (July 2001): 516-518. Link to Item
- Sidi, A, Gehrig, RT, Rush, W, and Davis, RF. "Left-sided stellate ganglion ablation or "rate-controlled" vagal nerve stimulation decreases regional myocardial metabolic impairment during acute ischemia in dogs." Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia 9, no. 1 (1995): 50-58.
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.