Daniel Yi Xu
Professor of Economics
Professor Yi (Daniel) Xu’s research focuses on Productivity, International Trade, and Industrial Organization. He has received numerous grants from the National Science Foundation, the Private Enterprise Development in Low-Income Countries, and the NET Institute. His most recent work has been published in the American Economic Review, the Journal of Political Economy, the Review of Economic Studies, the Rand Journal of Economics, Management Science, Review of Economic Dynamics, and the World Bank Economic Review. He is currently the co-editor of the Review of Economics and Statistics and an associate editor of the Rand Journal of Economics and the American Economic Journal: Applied. He previously served as the co-editor of the Journal of Development Economics. He has been working on projects that explore innovation, productivity, exporting and industry dynamics, with a special focus on emerging economies such as China, Colombia, Taiwan, Korea, and Turkey.
Current Appointments & Affiliations
- Professor of Economics, Economics, Trinity College of Arts & Sciences 2017
- Faculty Director of the Triangle Research Data Center (TRDC), Social Science Research Institute, University Institutes and Centers 2020
- Co-Director of Admissions for PhD Program of Economics, Economics, Trinity College of Arts & Sciences 2021
- 220 Social Sciences Bldg, Box 90097, Durham, NC 27708
- Box 90097, Durham, NC 27708
- Personal Website
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.