Education, Training, & Certifications
- D.N.P., Johns Hopkins University 2009
Duke Appointment History
In the News
OCT 25, 2015
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Bazemore, KE, Barker, M, Morgan, BT, and Goode, V. "Utilization of the STOP-Bang Questionnaire as a Standardized Screening Tool for Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Veteran Administration Surgical Patients." Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing : Official Journal of the American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses 34, no. 1 (February 2019): 60-65. Full Text
- Blonk, KM, Davenport, A, Morgan, B, and Muckler, VC. "Administration of Oral Acetaminophen to Reduce Costs for the Hysterectomy Patient at a Community Hospital." Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing : Official Journal of the American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses 34, no. 1 (February 2019): 143-150. Full Text
- Herring, C, Brown, SK, Morgan, BT, Thompson, J, Kullmar, A, and Blood-Siegfried, J. "Virtual Orientation of Volunteer Short-Term International Health Teams to Increase Self-Confidence and Cultural and Global Health Competence." Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing 50, no. 1 (January 2019): 35-40. Full Text
- Morgan, B, and Wooden, S. "Diagnosis and Treatment of Common Pain Syndromes and Disorders." The Nursing Clinics of North America 53, no. 3 (September 2018): 349-360. (Review) Full Text
- Mukuno, K, Vacchiano, C, Funk, E, and Morgan, B. "Assessing Clinical Utility of Cerebral Oximetry Monitoring During Pediatric Scoliosis Surgery." Journal of Pediatric Surgical Nursing 7, no. 4 (2018): 115-122. Full Text
- Paul, ET, Kuszajewski, M, Davenport, A, Thompson, JA, and Morgan, B. "Sleep safe in clean hands: Improving hand hygiene compliance in the operating room through education and increased access to hand hygiene products(Accepted)." American Journal of Infection Control (January 1, 2018). Full Text
- Tinsbloom, B, Muckler, VC, Stoeckel, WT, Whitehurst, RL, and Morgan, B. "Evaluating the Implementation of a Preemptive, Multimodal Analgesia Protocol in a Plastic Surgery Office." Plastic Surgical Nursing : Official Journal of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical Nurses 37, no. 4 (October 2017): 137-143. Full Text
- Muckler, VC, Kampo, S, and Morgan, B. "Creation of a low-cost simulated trachea for deliberate practice of cricothyrotomy and retrograde wire use." Aana Journal 85, no. 4 (August 1, 2017): 271-275.
- Oermann, MH, Muckler, VC, and Morgan, B. "Framework for Teaching Psychomotor and Procedural Skills in Nursing." Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing 47, no. 6 (June 2016): 278-282. Full Text
- Funk, E, Taicher, B, Thompson, J, Iannello, K, Morgan, B, and Hawks, S. "Structured Handover in the Pediatric Postanesthesia Care Unit." Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing : Official Journal of the American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses 31, no. 1 (February 2016): 63-72. Full Text
- Morgan, B, and Stanik-Hutt, J. "Utilization of a Preemptive, Multimodal Analgesic Regimen in Adult Ambulatory Septoplasty Patients: A Quality Improvement Project." Orl Head and Neck Nursing : Official Journal of the Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head Neck Nurses 33, no. 4 (January 2015): 6-13.
- Morgan, B, Aroke, E, and Dungan, J. "The Role of Pharmacogenomics in Anesthesia Pharmacology." In Annual Review of Nursing Research Anesthesia & Pain Management, edited by Vacchiano, C, Wolford, K and Kasper, C.: Springer Publishing Company, November 2016.
- Teaching & Mentoring
- NURSING 575: Independent Study 2019
- NURSING 930: Professional Aspects of Nurse Anesthesia Practice 2019
- NURSING 935: Advanced Pathophysiology for Nurse Anesthetists II 2019
- NURSING 960: Evidence-Based Practice I: Locating and Appraising Evidence 2019
- NURSING 970: Scholarly Writing 2019
- NURSING 975: DNP Scholarly Project 2019
- NURSING 933: Diagnostic Reasoning & Physical Assessment for Nurse Anesthetists 2018
- NURSING 926: Pharmacology for Nurse Anesthetists 2017
- Scholarly, Clinical, & Service Activities
Outreach & Engaged Scholarship
- Bass Connections Faculty Team Member. Further Developing the Implementation of a Distance-based Executive-style Degree Completion Program for Ghanaian Nurse Anesthetists. August 2015 - May 2016 2015 - 2016
- Bass Connections Faculty Team Member. Distance-based, Executive-style Degree Completion Program for Ghanaian Nurse Anesthetist. July 2014 - May 2015 2014 - 2015
- Global Health Outreach. Distance-based, Executive- style Degree Completion Program for Ghanaian Nurse Anesthetists . University for Development Studies . May 2014 2014
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.