Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery and Communication Sciences, Surgery 2012 - 2017
- Assistant Consulting Professor in the Department of Surgery, Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery and Communication Sciences, Surgery 2005 - 2012
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Cunningham, CD, and House, JW. "Otosclerosis." In Cummings Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 3-Volume Set, edited by PS Flint, BH Haughey, V Lund, JK Niparko, KT Robbins, JR Thomas, and MM Lesperance, 2211-2219. Saunders, December 9, 2014. (Chapter)
- McElveen, JT, Cunningham, CD, and Sheehy, JL. "Ossicular Reconstruction." 161-171. 2010. Full Text
- Cunningham, CD, McElveen, JT, and Fukushima, T. "Facial nerve results in large vestibular schwannoma surgery." 2009. Full Text
- Crowson, MG, and Cunningham, CD. "Capillary Hemangioma of the Tympanic Membrane." Otolaryngology--head and neck surgery : official journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 156, no. 5 (May 2017): 964-965. Full Text
- Watanabe, K, Cobb, MI-PH, Zomorodi, AR, Cunningham, CD, Nonaka, Y, Satoh, S, Friedman, AH, and Fukushima, T. "Rare Lesions of the Internal Auditory Canal." World neurosurgery 99 (March 2017): 200-209. Full Text
- Crowson, MG, Ramprasad, VH, Chapurin, N, Cunningham, CD, and Kaylie, DM. "Cost analysis and outcomes of a second-look tympanoplasty-mastoidectomy strategy for cholesteatoma." The Laryngoscope 126, no. 11 (November 2016): 2574-2579. Full Text
- Nonaka, Y, Fukushima, T, Watanabe, K, Friedman, AH, Cunningham, CD, and Zomorodi, AR. "Surgical management of vestibular schwannomas after failed radiation treatment." Neurosurgical review 39, no. 2 (April 2016): 303-312. Full Text
- Crowson, MG, Cunningham, CD, Moses, H, Zomorodi, AR, and Kaylie, DM. "Preoperative Lumbar Drain Use During Acoustic Neuroma Surgery and Effect on CSF Leak Incidence." The Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology 125, no. 1 (January 2016): 63-68. Full Text
- Nonaka, Y, Fukushima, T, Watanabe, K, Friedman, AH, McElveen, JT, Cunningham, CD, and Zomorodi, AR. "Less invasive transjugular approach with Fallopian bridge technique for facial nerve protection and hearing preservation in surgery of glomus jugulare tumors." Neurosurg Rev 36, no. 4 (October 2013): 579-586. Full Text Link to Item
- Nonaka, Y, Fukushima, T, Watanabe, K, Friedman, AH, Sampson, JH, Mcelveen, JT, Cunningham, CD, and Zomorodi, AR. "Contemporary surgical management of vestibular schwannomas: analysis of complications and lessons learned over the past decade." Neurosurgery 72, no. 2 Suppl Operative (June 2013): ons103-ons115. Full Text
- Kusumi, M, Fukushima, T, Mehta, AI, Cunningham, CD, Friedman, AH, and Fujii, K. "Middle fossa approach for total resection of petrous apex cholesterol granulomas: use of vascularized galeofascial flap preventing recurrence." Neurosurgery 72, no. 1 Suppl Operative (March 2013): 77-86. Full Text Link to Item
- McElveen, JT, and Cunningham, CD. "Cochlear implantation in the congenitally malformed ear." Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 21, no. 4 (December 2010): 243-247. Full Text
- Yoshida, N, III, CDC, and Jr, JTM. "External auditory canal closure: an alternative management for the refractory chronically draining ear." Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 137, no. 5 (2007): 766-771. Full Text
- III, CDC, Friedman, RA, Brackmann, DE, Hitselberger, WE, and Lin, HW. "Neurotologic skull base surgery in pediatric patients." Otology and Neurotology 26, no. 2 (2005): 231-236. Full Text
- Cunningham, CD, Slattery, WH, and Luxford, WM. "Postoperative infection in cochlear implant patients." Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery : Official Journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 131, no. 1 (July 2004): 109-114. Full Text
- Wildi, SM, Fickling, WE, Day, TA, III, CDC, Schmulewitz, N, Varadarajulu, S, Roberts, SS, Ferguson, B, Hoffman, BJ, Hawes, RH, and Wallace, MB. "Endoscopic ultrasonography in the diagnosis and staging of neoplasms of the head and neck." Endoscopy 36, no. 7 (2004): 624-630. Full Text
- Weber, PC, Lambert, PR, III, CDC, Richardson, MS, and Genao, RB. "Use of Alloderm in the neurotologic setting." American Journal of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Medicine and Surgery 23, no. 3 (2002): 148-152. Full Text
- III, CDC, Schulte, BA, Bianchi, LM, Weber, PC, and Schmiedt, BN. "Microwave decalcification of human temporal bones." Laryngoscope 111, no. 2 (2001): 278-282.
- Weber, PC, III, CDC, and Schulte, BA. "Potassium recycling pathways in the human cochlea." Laryngoscope 111, no. 7 (2001): 1156-1165.
- III, CDC, Weber, PC, Spicer, SS, and Schulte, BA. "Canalicular reticulum in vestibular hair cells." Hearing Research 143, no. 1-2 (2000): 69-82. Full Text
- III, CDC, Weber, PC, and Curé, J. "Neurotologic complications associated with deployment of airbags." Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 123, no. 5 (2000): 637-639.
- Brown, C, and Cunningham, C. "Autologous Fascia-Bone-Fascia Technique for Tegmen Repair." Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B: Skull Base 79, no. 1: 142-143.
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.