Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery and Communication Sciences, Surgery 2012 - 2017
- Assistant Consulting Professor in the Department of Surgery, Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery and Communication Sciences, Surgery 2005 - 2012
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Crowson, MG, and Cunningham, CD. "Capillary Hemangioma of the Tympanic Membrane." Otolaryngology--head and neck surgery : official journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 156, no. 5 (May 2017): 964-965. Full Text
- Watanabe, K, Cobb, MI-PH, Zomorodi, AR, Cunningham, CD, Nonaka, Y, Satoh, S, Friedman, AH, and Fukushima, T. "Rare Lesions of the Internal Auditory Canal." World neurosurgery 99 (March 2017): 200-209. Full Text
- Crowson, MG, Ramprasad, VH, Chapurin, N, Cunningham, CD, and Kaylie, DM. "Cost analysis and outcomes of a second-look tympanoplasty-mastoidectomy strategy for cholesteatoma." The Laryngoscope 126, no. 11 (November 2016): 2574-2579. Full Text
- Nonaka, Y, Fukushima, T, Watanabe, K, Friedman, AH, Cunningham, CD, and Zomorodi, AR. "Surgical management of vestibular schwannomas after failed radiation treatment." Neurosurgical review 39, no. 2 (April 2016): 303-312. Full Text
- Crowson, MG, Cunningham, CD, Moses, H, Zomorodi, AR, and Kaylie, DM. "Preoperative Lumbar Drain Use During Acoustic Neuroma Surgery and Effect on CSF Leak Incidence." The Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology 125, no. 1 (January 2016): 63-68. Full Text
- Nonaka, Y, Fukushima, T, Watanabe, K, Friedman, AH, McElveen, JT, Cunningham, CD, and Zomorodi, AR. "Less invasive transjugular approach with Fallopian bridge technique for facial nerve protection and hearing preservation in surgery of glomus jugulare tumors." Neurosurg Rev 36, no. 4 (October 2013): 579-586. Full Text Link to Item
- Nonaka, Y, Fukushima, T, Watanabe, K, Friedman, AH, Sampson, JH, Mcelveen, JT, Cunningham, CD, and Zomorodi, AR. "Contemporary surgical management of vestibular schwannomas: analysis of complications and lessons learned over the past decade." Neurosurgery 72, no. 2 Suppl Operative (June 2013): ons103-ons115. Full Text
- Kusumi, M, Fukushima, T, Mehta, AI, Cunningham, CD, Friedman, AH, and Fujii, K. "Middle fossa approach for total resection of petrous apex cholesterol granulomas: use of vascularized galeofascial flap preventing recurrence." Neurosurgery 72, no. 1 Suppl Operative (March 2013): 77-86. Full Text Link to Item
- McElveen, JT, and Cunningham, CD. "Cochlear implantation in the congenitally malformed ear." Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 21, no. 4 (December 2010): 243-247. Full Text
- Yoshida, N, III, CDC, and Jr, JTM. "External auditory canal closure: an alternative management for the refractory chronically draining ear." Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 137, no. 5 (2007): 766-771. Full Text
- III, CDC, Friedman, RA, Brackmann, DE, Hitselberger, WE, and Lin, HW. "Neurotologic skull base surgery in pediatric patients." Otology and Neurotology 26, no. 2 (2005): 231-236. Full Text
- Cunningham, CD, Slattery, WH, and Luxford, WM. "Postoperative infection in cochlear implant patients." Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery : Official Journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 131, no. 1 (July 2004): 109-114. Full Text
- Wildi, SM, Fickling, WE, Day, TA, III, CDC, Schmulewitz, N, Varadarajulu, S, Roberts, SS, Ferguson, B, Hoffman, BJ, Hawes, RH, and Wallace, MB. "Endoscopic ultrasonography in the diagnosis and staging of neoplasms of the head and neck." Endoscopy 36, no. 7 (2004): 624-630. Full Text
- Weber, PC, Lambert, PR, III, CDC, Richardson, MS, and Genao, RB. "Use of Alloderm in the neurotologic setting." American Journal of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Medicine and Surgery 23, no. 3 (2002): 148-152. Full Text
- III, CDC, Schulte, BA, Bianchi, LM, Weber, PC, and Schmiedt, BN. "Microwave decalcification of human temporal bones." Laryngoscope 111, no. 2 (2001): 278-282.
- Weber, PC, III, CDC, and Schulte, BA. "Potassium recycling pathways in the human cochlea." Laryngoscope 111, no. 7 (2001): 1156-1165.
- III, CDC, Weber, PC, Spicer, SS, and Schulte, BA. "Canalicular reticulum in vestibular hair cells." Hearing Research 143, no. 1-2 (2000): 69-82. Full Text
- III, CDC, Weber, PC, and Curé, J. "Neurotologic complications associated with deployment of airbags." Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 123, no. 5 (2000): 637-639.
- Brown, C, and Cunningham, C. "Autologous Fascia-Bone-Fascia Technique for Tegmen Repair." Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B: Skull Base 79, no. 1: 142-143.
- Cunningham, CD, and House, JW. "Otosclerosis." In Cummings Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 3-Volume Set, edited by PS Flint, BH Haughey, V Lund, JK Niparko, KT Robbins, JR Thomas, and MM Lesperance, 2211-2219. Saunders, December 9, 2014. (Chapter)
- McElveen, JT, Cunningham, CD, and Sheehy, JL. "Ossicular Reconstruction." 161-171. 2010. Full Text
- Cunningham, CD, McElveen, JT, and Fukushima, T. "Facial nerve results in large vestibular schwannoma surgery." 2009. Full Text
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.