Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
In the News
AUG 31, 2015 TWC News
AUG 30, 2015 TWC News
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Alumnus Award. University of Washington - Department of Economics. 2011
- Sloan Research Fellowship-Economics. Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. 1996
- National Fellow. Stanford University - The Hoover Institution. 1995
- Research Fellow. Texas A&M University - Private Enterprise Research Center. 1994
- Collaborative Research: Monotone Methods in Dynamic Screening Contracts awarded by National Science Foundation 2011 - 2015
- Privacy and Information Acquisition in Competitive Markets awarded by National Science Foundation 2004 - 2008
- Consumer Profiles, Consumer Privacy, and the Information Marketplace awarded by National Science Foundation 2002 - 2004
- Markets with Imperfect Information Transmission awarded by National Science Foundation 2000 - 2001
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Taylor, C. "The role of risk versus the role of uncertainty in economic systems." February 2003. Full Text
- Green, B, and Taylor, CR. "Breakthroughs, Deadlines, and Self-Reported Progress: Contracting for Multistage Projects." American Economic Review 106, no. 12 (December 2016): 3660-3699. Full Text
- Acquisti, A, Taylor, C, and Wagman, L. "The Economics of Privacy." Journal of Economic Literature 54, no. 2 (June 2016): 442-492. Full Text
- Chavez, H, Taylor, CR, and Rodríguez-Kábana, R. "Population dynamics and interactions between plant parasitic and non-parasitic nematodes: An empirical analysis." Applied Soil Ecology 78 (June 2014): 11-17. Full Text
- Taylor, C, and Wagman, L. "Consumer privacy in oligopolistic markets: Winners, losers, and welfare." International Journal of Industrial Organization 34 (May 2014): 80-84. Full Text
- Moss, DL, and Taylor, CR. "Short ends of the stick: The plight of growers and consumers in concentrated agricultural supply chains." Wisconsin Law Review 2014, no. 2 (January 1, 2014): 337-368.
- Krishna, RV, Lopomo, G, and Taylor, CR. "Stairway to heaven or highway to hell: Liquidity, sweat equity, and the uncertain path to ownership." RAND Journal of Economics 44, no. 1 (March 2013): 104-127.
- Burke, JM, Taylor, CR, and Wagman, L. "Information Acquisition in Competitive Markets: An Application to the US Mortgage Market." AMERICAN ECONOMIC JOURNAL-MICROECONOMICS 4, no. 4 (November 2012): 65-106. Full Text Link to Item
- Conitzer, V, Taylor, CR, and Wagman, L. "Hide and seek: Costly consumer privacy in a market with repeat purchases." Marketing Science 31, no. 2 (2012): 277-292. Full Text
- Taylor, CR, and Yildirim, H. "Subjective performance and the value of blind evaluation." Review of Economic Studies 78, no. 2 (2011): 762-794. Full Text
- Taylor, CR, and Yildirim, H. "Public information and electoral bias." Games and Economic Behavior 68, no. 1 (2010): 353-375. Full Text
- Conitzer, V, Taylor, CR, and Wagman, L. "Who Benefits from Online Privacy?." (August 15, 2009).
- Loginova, O, and Taylor, CR. "Price Experimentation with Strategic Buyers." Review of Economic Design 12, no. 3 (June 1, 2008): 165-187.
- Burke, J, and Taylor, CR. "What's in a poll? Incentives for truthful reporting in pre-election opinion surveys." Public Choice 137, no. 1-2 (2008): 221-244. Full Text
- Burton, DM, Love, HA, Ozertan, G, and Taylor, CR. "Property rights protection of biotechnology innovations." Journal of Economics and Management Strategy 14, no. 4 (2005): 779-812. Full Text
- Taylor, CR, and Loginova, O. ""Price Experimentation when Consumers Are Strategic" (In preparation)." Journal of Economic Theory (2004). (Academic Article)
- Taylor, CR. "Consumer privacy and the market for customer information." RAND Journal of Economics 35, no. 4 (2004): 631-650. Open Access Copy
- Taylor, CR. "Privacy in Competitive Markets." (June 2003).
- Taylor, CR. "Supplier surfing: Competition and consumer behavior in subscription markets." RAND Journal of Economics 34, no. 2 (2003): 223-246. Open Access Copy
- Taylor, CR. "Private Demands and Demands For Privacy: Dynamic Pricing and the Market for Customer Information." (March 2002).
- Rupp, NG, and Taylor, CR. "Who initiates recalls and who cares? Evidence from the automobile industry." Journal of Industrial Economics 50, no. 2 (2002): 123-149.
- Jeitschko, TD, and Taylor, CR. "Local discouragement and global collapse: A theory of coordination avalanches." American Economic Review 91, no. 1 (2001): 208-224. Open Access Copy
- Taylor, CR. "Indirect damages from price fixing: The Alabama lysine case." Review of Industrial Organization 18, no. 1 (2001): 33-43. Full Text
- Taylor, CR. "The old-boy network and the young-gun effect." International Economic Review 41, no. 4 (2000): 871-891.
- Taylor, C, and Rodrı́guez-Kábana, R. "Optimal rotation of peanuts and cotton to manage soil-borne organisms." Agricultural Systems 61, no. 1 (July 1999): 57-68. Full Text
- Taylor, C, and Rodrı́guez-Kábana, R. "Population dynamics and crop yield effects of nematodes and white mold in peanuts, cotton and velvet beans." Agricultural Systems 59, no. 2 (February 1999): 177-191. Full Text
- Taylor, CR. "Time-on-the-market as a sign of quality." Review of Economic Studies 66, no. 3 (1999): 555-578.
- Taylor, CR, and Wiggins, SN. "Competition or Compensation: Supplier Incentives under the American and Japanese Subcontracting Systems." American Economic Review 87, no. 4 (1997): 598-618. Open Access Copy
- Taylor, CR. "The Long Side of the Market and the Short End of the Stick: Bargaining Power and Price Formation in Buyers', Sellers', and Balanced Markets." The Quarterly Journal of Economics 110, no. 3 (August 1, 1995): 837-855. Full Text
- Novak, FS, Armstrong, GW, Taylor, C, and Bauer, L. "An analysis of alternative cropping decision rules." Agricultural Systems 46, no. 1 (January 1994): 19-31. Full Text
- Taylor, CR. "Delivery-contingent contracts for research." Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization 9, no. 1 (1993): 188-203.
- Taylor, CR, and Novak, FS. "Optimal Flex Cropping and Storage of Spring Wheat under a Progressive Income Tax." Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie 40, no. 3 (November 1992): 369-384. Full Text
- Penson, JB, and Taylor, C. "United States agriculture and the general economy: Modeling their interface." Agricultural Systems 39, no. 1 (January 1992): 33-66. Full Text
- Tronstad, R, and Taylor, CR. "Dynamically Optimal After-Tax Grain Storage, Cash Grain Sale, and Hedging Strategies." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 73, no. 1 (February 1991): 75-75. Full Text
- Taylor, CR. "Two Practical Procedures for Estimating Multivariate Nonnormal Probability Density Functions." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 72, no. 1 (February 1990): 210-210. Full Text
- Novak, FS, Schnitkey, GD, and Taylor, CR. "Intertemporal Portfolio Choices: An Application to Agriculture." Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie 37, no. 4 (December 1989): 1091-1091. Full Text
- Taylor, CR. "Stochastic Dynamic Duality: Theory and Empirical Applicability." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 66, no. 3 (August 1984): 351-351. Full Text
- Taylor, CR, and Burt, OR. "Near-Optimal Management Strategies for Controlling Wild Oats in Spring Wheat." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 66, no. 1 (February 1984): 50-50. Full Text
- Collins, GS, and Taylor, CR. "TECHSIM: a regional field crop and national livestock econometric simulation model." Agricultural Economics Research 35, no. 2 (December 1, 1983): 1-18.
- Taylor, CR, Carlson, GA, Cooke, FT, Reichelderfer, KH, and Starbird, IR. "Aggregate economic effects of alternative boll weevil management strategies." Agricultural Economics Research 35, no. 2 (December 1, 1983): 19-28.
- Taylor, CR. "The Nature of Benefits and Costs of Use of Pest Control Methods." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 62, no. 5 (December 1980): 1007-1007. Full Text
- Taylor, CR, and Talpaz, H. "Approximately Optimal Carryover Levels for Wheat in the United States." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 61, no. 1 (February 1979): 32-32. Full Text
- Taylor, CR, and Yildirim, H. "A unified analysis of rational voting with private values and group-specific costs." Games and Economic Behavior . Full Text
- Boleslavsky, R, Kelly, DL, and Taylor, CR. Selloffs, bailouts, and feedback: Can asset markets inform policy?. May 2017. Full Text
- Conitzer, V, Taylor, C, and Wagman, L. Online Privacy and Price Discrimination. 2010.
- Taylor, CR, and Yildirim, H. Re-examining Voter Turnout in Large Elections. May 2005.
- Teaching & Mentoring
- ECON 701D: Microeconomic Analysis I 2018
- ECON 704: First Year Introduction to Research 2018
- ECON 705D: Microeconomic Analysis II 2018
- ECON 898: Directed Research 2018
- ECON 905: Microeconomic Theory Workshop 2018
- ECON 955S: Research Seminar in Economics Theory 2018
- ECON 205D: Intermediate Microeconomics II 2016
- Scholarly, Clinical, & Service Activities
Service to the Profession
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.