Professor of the Practice Emeritus of Environmental Science and Policy
Dr. Gallagher's research examines public policies to promote environmentally sustainable business practices and public/private partnerships for environmental policy implementation. She has critically examined the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) as an international environmental governance mechanism to promote business sustainability. Recent work in partnership with the UNGC focused on responsible business engagement in climate policy and implementation of an internal price for carbon. She is currently working with the UNGC on evaluating corporate leadership behaviors which would advance the Sustainable Development Goals. Dr. Gallagher is also a leading scholar of environmental leadership, serving as editor of SAGE's Handbook of Environmental Leadership, which created a framework for study in the field. She is collaborating with colleagues on an upcoming book, Critical Perspectives on Environmental Leadership.
Current Appointments & Affiliations
- Professor of the Practice Emeritus of Environmental Science and Policy, Environmental Sciences and Policy, Nicholas School of the Environment 2022
- Affiliate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society, Duke Science & Society, Initiatives 2014
- 9 Circuit Drive, 4104 Environment Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Box 90328, Durham, NC 27708-0328
- firstname.lastname@example.org (919) 613-8138
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.