Education, Training, & Certifications
Duke Appointment History
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology, Medicine 2011 - 2018
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology, Medicine 2009 - 2011
- Medical Instructor in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology, Medicine 2006 - 2008
- Instructor, Temporary in the Department of Medicine, Medicine, Cardiology, Medicine 2006
- Phase III of Treprostinil in patients with PH-COPD awarded by Lung Biotechnology 2018 - 2023
- USPHSR awarded by United States Pulmonary Hypertension Scientific Registry 2016 - 2021
- BEAT- An Open label extension of BPS-314d-MR-PAH-303 awarded by Lung Biotechnology 2018 - 2020
- SPHERE awarded by Actelion Pharmaceutical US, Inc 2017 - 2020
- ACTELION - OPUS REGISTRY awarded by Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 2015 - 2019
- BPS-314d-MR-PAH-302 awarded by Lung Rx, Inc. 2014 - 2019
- CardioMEMS awarded by Pacesetter, Inc. 2016 - 2018
- TRANSIT-1 awarded by Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd. 2016 - 2018
- National Biological Sample and Data Repository for PAH awarded by Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center 2016 - 2018
- Publications & Artistic Works
- Frost, A, Janmohamed, M, Fritz, JS, McConnell, JW, Poch, D, Fortin, TA, Miller, CE, Chin, KM, Fisher, M, Eggert, M, McEvoy, C, Benza, RL, Farber, HW, Kim, NH, Pfister, T, Shiraga, Y, and McLaughlin, V. "Safety and tolerability of transition from inhaled treprostinil to oral selexipag in pulmonary arterial hypertension: Results from the TRANSIT-1 study." The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation : the Official Publication of the International Society for Heart Transplantation (September 12, 2018). Full Text
- Parikh, KS, Rajagopal, S, Fortin, T, Tapson, VF, and Poms, AD. "Safety and Tolerability of High-dose Inhaled Treprostinil in Pulmonary Hypertension." Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology 67, no. 4 (April 2016): 322-325. Full Text
- Rajagopal, S, Forsha, DE, Risum, N, Hornik, CP, Poms, AD, Fortin, TA, Tapson, VF, Velazquez, EJ, Kisslo, J, and Samad, Z. "Comprehensive assessment of right ventricular function in patients with pulmonary hypertension with global longitudinal peak systolic strain derived from multiple right ventricular views." Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography 27, no. 6 (January 1, 2014): 657-665. Full Text
- Meine, TJ, Patel, MR, Heitner, J, Fortin, TA, Pagnanelli, RA, Gehrig, TR, Kim, R, and Borges-Neto, S. "Cardiac imaging impaired by a silicone breast implant." Clin Nucl Med 30, no. 4 (April 2005): 262-264. Link to Item
- McGoon, M, Gutterman, D, Steen, V, Barst, R, McCrory, DC, Fortin, TA, Loyd, JE, and American College of Chest Physicians, . "Screening, early detection, and diagnosis of pulmonary arterial hypertension: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines." Chest 126, no. 1 Suppl (July 2004): 14S-34S. Full Text
- McLaughlin, VV, Presberg, KW, Doyle, RL, Abman, SH, McCrory, DC, Fortin, T, Ahearn, G, and American College of Chest Physicians, . "Prognosis of pulmonary arterial hypertension: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines." Chest 126, no. 1 Suppl (July 2004): 78S-92S. (Review) Full Text
- Ramanathan, KB, Folland, ED, Fortin, T, Hartigan, P, Boucher, CA, and Parisi, AF. "Accuracy and limitations of planar thallium scintigraphy for identifying the involved coronary artery in patients with single-vessel disease: Findings in the ACME trial." Cardiovascular Reviews and Reports 22, no. 2 (2001): 115-120.
- Gibson, CM, Cannon, CP, Daley, WL, Dodge, JT, Alexander, B, Marble, SJ, McCabe, CH, Raymond, L, Fortin, T, Poole, WK, and Braunwald, E. "TIMI frame count: a quantitative method of assessing coronary artery flow." Circulation 93, no. 5 (March 1996): 879-888. Full Text
- Strauss, WE, Fortin, T, Hartigan, P, Folland, ED, and Parisi, AF. "A comparison of quality of life scores in patients with angina pectoris after angioplasty compared with after medical therapy: Outcomes of a randomized clinical trial." Circulation 92, no. 7 (1995): 1710-1719.
- Folland, ED, Vogel, RA, Hartigan, P, Bates, ER, Beauman, GJ, Fortin, T, Boucher, C, and Parisi, AF. "Relation between coronary artery stenosis assessed by visual, caliper, and computer methods and exercise capacity in patients with single-vessel coronary artery disease." Circulation 89, no. 5 (1994): 2005-2014.
Some information on this profile has been compiled automatically from Duke databases and external sources. (Our About page explains how this works.) If you see a problem with the information, please write to Scholars@Duke and let us know. We will reply promptly.